Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't think Wipeout PSP is a remake...

Default I don't think Wipeout PSP is a remake...

Do you reconize either of those tracks they show? I sure don't.

Take for granted, Wipeout only gets all of 2 seconds of footage in the montage reel for 2 tracks, but I've played alot of Wipeout.

Even though it's probably kinda silly giving my comments based off of 2 seconds of footage, but it's a new Wipeout, and I HAVE to.

1)Man, those tracks are wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide. Wider than even the Wipeout Fusion average.

2)Looks like they're going with more of a Wipeout 3 look this time. However, I have to say, I was quite impressed with the style (of what little I saw). I guess partially because the first track with the building on one side of the curve and the cool looking "arched flag type things" on the other side is extremely near to a track design I had in my mind (seriously, it is). So seeing it was kind of like one of my many "dream tracks" becoming reality.

I couldn't see much of the second track, given the fact that a giant explosion was going on pretty much during it's whole duriation, but it looked industrial, something like Hi Fumii meets LS104.

I think the main reason why Sony chose not to show much of it is because there are a low amount of textures at this stage, and that seems to be most "news wrtier's" complaints.

I, however, (even though I know it won't stay like this) actually like the low texture look. It reminds me of the prototype tracks from Wipeout 3, and oh how I loved them so.

Anyway, if any of the dev team does read this, I would have this to say: "So far, so good. Now I'd like to see more than 2 lousy seconds of it! :x"

I think the same too.

The tracks are new designed but the general look is a few like the old wipe'out''.
    In 2,3 seconds its imposible to see more details, and the quality of compresion don't helps. The ships seem to be more near to the old wipe'out'', in second track they are playing with Feisar, no :-?

Nobody know something about the work-team? An interview? Anything please!? :cry:

---
    pd: i know, my english is poor xD

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Makai
    Nobody know something about the work-team? An interview? Anything please!?
    I just did a some research on the new Wipeout. To this day, there seems to be no real info in the net. Not that it surprised me. ;) Anyway, what I did find was that:

http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages...p?game_id=3441.

Anyone else thinks this is premature? ;) I couldn't even find another source confirming Studio Liverpool as the developer of the PSP installment. Even though I do assume they have their hands on the new title.

Ben

doesn't infox work for Sony?
    isn't this supposed to be the official wipeout site??
    spill the beans damnitt!!
    What i have heard, and i'm quite sure it's 99% accurate is that cold storage will be involved in the new wipeout.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Quote Originally Posted by Angryman
    Since when? Last time I looked, this was an unofficial wipeout fansite.
    Being Angryman doesn't give you the right to sound that angry, does it.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

doesn't infox work for Sony?
    Yes.
    No. This is a fan site, not an official site. It says it up there at the top right of this page, and it's true.
    Not until I'm allowed to. By that time you'll probably have read all about it on one of the mainstream gaming sites anyway. I'm as sorry about it as can be, but that's the way things work in the world of marketing.
    What i have heard, and i'm quite sure it's 99% accurate is that cold storage will be involved in the new wipeout.
    And then there's the 1% chance that he wont be.

Hey G'kyl in Gamefaqs they put the SCEAmerica in the info of the game.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/data/920780.html

I don't know the diferences about one or other studio (scea, scee) but they attribuate to SCEE the WipeoutFusion and to SCEA the new WipeoutPSP.

I was searching fore more info but I found nothing
    Time to wait :cry:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Hm, maybe it's just a typo. Maybe one of the authors just misunderstood SC...something for what they now think it is. ;) Nope, no more info. Yep, we'll stick to WO1-4 and wait, more or less patiently. :)

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

I think it shows 3 tracks. The second two being, as you say, covered in explosions and not of much mention. The first one however... It's a wide curve left, with awnings. Looks a lot like MegaMall, near the beginning.

Time to start saving for a PSP. I've bought all the versions of Wipeout so far, often with a console to play it, no reason to stop now. 8 )

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Can the footage of the new game be found on the web at all?

there is some video here:

http://www.e3insider.com/articles/fl...41R80T4JYO.htm

but you`ve really got to concentrate to see it. do not blink.

I don`t really want to buy a PSP, so if it is a genuine new game I`m hoping they`ll cash in with a PS2 version.

in infox's video, the shape of the turn and objects on the walls, colors of the track, color of the competitors ship (pirhana?) and the buildings in the background are all very similar to mega mall.. god i hope it is a prettier wo3se

theres actually a second game that looks very similar to wipeout after they say 'tony hawk's pro skater title' but it is rather low poly/texture.

this is the first segment. this is literally all you will see.

i dont know what game this is.. anybody??

Looks nice... a bit rough, but it's early. It does look a lot like WO3, design-wise. I notice the ship designs shown are back in that old familiar style. To be honest though, the thing I'm most concerned about is the physics. As long as they get back the floaty feel (and hopefully a more traditional track style with no "off-roading"), I'll be content.

I have to say though, that I have no intentions right now of dropping money on a PSP, and one game - even if it is wipeout - isn't going to convince me. I hope a console version is in the works, as well. If a really good version of wipeout came out, I'd have a reason to hunt down Rez again and pick up another PS2.

...God, I miss Rez. Why did I sell that game?!?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I agree, this new WO seems to resemble WO3 in some ways. Maybe that's due to the fact that the PSP will be close to a PSone - at least as far as I understand.
    By the way, I think I like the "Mega Mall" screenshots a lot. Everything in them looks sleek and cool - very nice design.
    I only hope that the (probable) involvement of the in-house musician - instead of licensing music - doesn't mean Sony tries to make it as ...well, cheap... as possible. Erm, then again this s far too much speculating for an early project such as this, sorry. :)

Ben

the first 3 show sth like Mega Mall indeed......but the ships (well at least Feisar [if it IS Feisar...]) seem to look pretty like W3O rather than the Original.
    Hey, is that Pirhana passing by on the first 3 screenshots? And what the hell is that thing right beside Feisar (screenshot no 4)? Oh no..... this thing looks like Xios!!! (with all the respect to Xios fans out there..).
    The last 2 screenshots - look like Stanza Inter in WF style.
    Well, anyways, It's a new wipeout alright....
    (hey look at the reflections on the windows on the Mega Mall-like circuit! this shows some power of PSP, though the game is in early development stage [i guess....no...I HOPE!!])

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by FoxZero
    in infox's video...
    Those new avatars are coming back to haunt me already. Mine is the one with the ship in it, man! :

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated
    Those new avatars are coming back to haunt me already. Mine is the one with the ship in it, man! :
    Hah! It took me a couple minutes at first to realize that big avatar=moderator.

here is more of the ship that is behind what appears to be a wo3-era feisar

again.. not much to see but very low poly untextured models and tracks.. and my stupid winamp playlist obstructing the second shot. rather intricate buildings however, im guessing this could be approaching the 4th and 3rd to last bend in stanza inter because of it?

something to note.. the weapon the feisar used in the very bright explosion appeared to be a charge weapon, ie plasma bolt.

the thing that turns me off about the psp the most is this universal media disc.. what the hell?! so i cant play my existing ps1/2 titles?!?

wha.. huh? infox?? but i couldve sworn you were there!!

size is important, after all. As my Hotmail inbox keeps telling me. :

Thanks for doing the screen grabs FoxZero. Those are some mighty explosions, especially considering it seems to be in the city centre with vey little protection for the public.

The way the ships seem to be riding quite high encourages me.

The way the walls seem so low, Fusion style, scares me.

But that`s pointless speculation of course.

Having said I wouldn`t buy a PSP, if there was no PS2 version, and if the game turned out to be the real Wipeout 4, I might have to become a marketing man`s mug and buy one, especially if PSP can be output to a big screen and if its neg-compatible. Its nice and small, so I could hide it and the wife would never know I spent god knows how much cash for just one game. :roll: