Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Made a talons TT piranha phantom video

Surely, I am honored, i will try to do it this weekend, maybe we can correct some of my stuff also and that could lead to me playing a lot of Talons again and maybe getting faster times

thanks Mano: as soon as I`m free and alert enough I`ll give it a go. I think 2097 might be more "bottomy" if that word makes sense. I do scrape my underside going up the short hill after the C if I don`t pitch up slightly.

about the tunnel: : :wink: I just meant that I don`t think there`s much I can do to lose or gain actual speed here, so I just take the shortest route. I was too lazy to explain.

Very interested in your route from speed pad 7 to the C. Once upon a time I used to jump the gap, but I think this method is so floaty you lose time.

But once again thanks for your advice..... more tenths knocked off and 15.9 here I come.

Ok i posted a first sketch for the guide on the XL/2097 tips topic, i will correct things with time, but i think it may be helpful enough as it is now (i hope) so i posted it.

Lunar: Sorry i made some mistakes on my advice; played a little bit of Talons today to see if i remembered correctly all the stuff i did there, it figures i was mistaken, but my brain and hands corrected me , i already edited the post on which i did the recomendations to you; the corrections are also on the XL/2097 tips.

thats some serious flyin by the way, ive only just managed to download it and i must say thats piranha flyin at its best, hey thats a good signiture but theyre disabled

<== this is how my face looked like after watching this video. I gotta switch to WO2097. That Pirhana is sooo freakin' fast, and the flight techique is soo God damn perfect, that I need to try this too. Great flying Mano!

its a fast game like, but i though you were an ag systems type of wiper?

excellent video, excellent technique. I need to get behind the wheel...err, negcon... again some time soon.

piranha wiper:
    my roots are in AG systems, I flew AGsys (as Daniel Chang) all the way in Wipeout 1 (I still think there is no better ship for Wipeout 1), I got attached to this team. And tho it's not the fastest team around, I will like it, and IMO this team fits best to Wipeout racing as a whole (so why did they have to remove AGsys from WF?....). All in all there are other teams which are the ones used in a real competition, namely Icaras, Pirhana (woXL), Qirex (woXL). AG sys is just too slow for them, and I swear to my mother's life - there would be nothing better for me if AGsys was at least once the fastest craft in Wipeout.
    Did I make myself clear? :wink: (Just askin', my writing teacher says I have some clarity problems in my writing. :x Wonder what he's all about....?)

thanks guys!, i have played a bit yesterday fearing the fact that i havent played in a long while, but i manged to improve some parts on my laps; still havent broken 14.8 (my actual best laptime) but i think its very possible, i just need to get my consistency back and improve it from there, but i really cant play this days (extremely busy), i hope i can get some time to do so.

btw if you decide to give XL some serious time, maybe the guide i posted can help you.

shem:
    i too like ag systems if pirana wasnt on 2097 i would would be using them, in the original i must agree with you is the ag systems daniel chang, aaah the memories

PSN ID
    elementfortytwo

this video has totally inspired me to buy a negcon and 2097. just super.

further to this, I have just managed to get WO2097 for £1.80 and a negcon for £3 on ebay. very super indeed.

mano, do use a negcon for piloting

Definitely!, its THE way to play XL

so whats harder to use the negcon or digital and anolougue controller

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

The neGcon is definitely the easiest and most intuitive way to control any racing game. Or at least most people seem to agree with that. Personally, I always found it impossible having to control steering, acceleration and braking with one stick or pad. I have never done that, not even once since the days of 8-bit machines. :)

Ben

so would that u would have to be a better pilot to use a non negcon controller?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

From what I've heard and read and experienced for myself: Yes, most certainly means that. :) Some seem to get along much better with digital control, that's right, but I also believe there is a good reason most top pilots in the tables did their records while riding on a neg. ;)

ive never usd a negcon ever, ive always used anologue or digital depending on what game, if it supports anoulogue im on it straight away but other wise its digital

Can someone host the video again? I accidently deleted it.

FoxZero may still have a copy of it online. hang on a sec, i've got to look for the thread.....

here's the link:
    http://www.trifocus.net/~foxzero/TTXLPP.mpg

and here's the thread if you want to read it:
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1601