Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Made a talons TT piranha phantom video

Default Made a talons TT piranha phantom video

Used my all in wonder card to make a mpeg video from a vhs tape i made of a 1:16.5 time on XL talons TT phantom (external view), theres a 14.9 lap there (4th) ; not my best race time, but close.

The video quality is nice enough to see clearly what is happening and at full video framerate all the time (no stutters), the file is around 8.5 mb
    If anyone wants this, PM me or post your emails so i can send it to you, and if anyone can help me upload this to a server it would be even better

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

yeah put it on a server so we can see it!
    i dont have 8 free megs on my yahoo

ok guys and gals heres the link let me know if you have problems accessing it:

*******www5.streamload.com/Nodes/InboxDetail.asp?View=1&drid=14522357*****
    enjoy

***********edit**********

nevermind that link, FoxZero is hosting the file now, thanks Fox!, here it is:

http://foxzero.bottomoftheocean.com/...als/TTXLPP.mpg

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Thanks for that hot times video!! i enjoy it a lot.
    that pretty insane lap 4 was excellent

thanks!, im glad you liked it, a friend of mine told me he couldnt DL the movie, if anyone else is having problems please tell me i dont know how to use that server at all so i need to figure out some stuff, any feedback helps as i plan to upload more stuff there, thanks in advance!.

Hi Mano

I couldn`t see the movie, as I was asked to create an account when I clicked on your link, and this process failed. :-? I`d love to see it though.

well i just found out that web space only lets me store files, not host them; im gonna find a server that hosts files and post it again, sorry for the inconviniences; hehe that video is already obsolete as i have improved both my lap times and race times , if i have time i will do a newer video

****edit****

grrrr all free hosting servers have some kind of problem specially with uploading more than 5 mb in a single file..... it seems that the only way for now if you want to see the video is for you to give me an email with an account that can receive over 8.5MB or via messenger, you can PM me your mails, i will try to send the file to all of you, and/or add you to my contacts on messenger.

Please someone help me upload this file somewhere!!!

for those of you who cant get mano's incredible video from that site, i have uploaded it here.

http://foxzero.bottomoftheocean.com/...als/TTXLPP.mpg

I just met FoxZero on messenger, great guy! you have to see his work on design, its very good!

Thanks Fox for hosting the file!

holy sh_t. Mano takes about the same line i do, but.. faster. more than 12 seconds faster. mostly clean. and right on every lap

Jason, thanks for hosting the video; i got it from you.

and speaking of Jason, it's about time you parked your posterior in front of a PlayStation and raced. we need you active on the NTSC XL records tables

yea i know, i havent been very loyal.. i could go on about how much i love hyperthrust and the icaras but wipeout is wipeout and the competition is definitely heating up.. honestly havent been in the mood for playing much video games recently. i figure i might as well try to contribute to the community in the meantime

yeah, i know, i've gone for months without playing videogames at all. but.. but... just to get you motivated, look at the XL tables where i've beaten a few of your Piranha times with a QIREX! tsk. it's getbusy time.
    yeah, i know those times were pretty casual just to get the new tables started, but still.....

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

With respect to "help me host my file!", if you have/get yourself a P2P program (such as Kazzaa or WinMX or Morpheus) you can simply put the file in your "shared files" directory and tell people what the file name is and what software you're using.

Perhaps not wildly elegant, but anyone can do it.

good advice!, but there are some problems with it, first i would have to leave the pc turned on and on my xp account a lot of time until the video gets a bit distributed, and many people use this pc, also the transfer speed would be really slow, at least for the first batch of users since they would depend on my connection and its a bit slow.

FoxZero fixed all that and hes hosting the file in the address shown some posts above

thanks Mano and FoxZero for getting out that awesome video.

Its quite inspiring to watch, but I can`t figure out why I just can`t go that fast. If I fly the same line and and make the same pitch changes and put in brake taps on the pads I just can`t approach that sort of speed. I don`t understand why that is really...... so for me a video of what your hands are doing at the same time would be the ultimate demonstration.

But anyway its really impressive.

Thanks Lunar!, for a video of me controlling the negcon while playing WOXL i would need two cameras (one for my hands, another for the screen), i just have one now and i would also have to do the edition to put the two videos in sync (otherwise its useless), not to mention i would need a bit of space to set the cameras and cables.

Maybe some time in the future, but i cant assure you that, however i can help you achieve those speeds with advice (and even a bit higher is possible); where do you feel youre not getting enough speed and what do you do to get there on the speeds you get?; remember, to get those speeds you need to mantain your speed as high as you can through the whole lap, all the laps. (incremental speed)

Great video there, Mano!

Can't wait to see some more.

And if you need something to help you send your videos to everyone, try this:

http://s11.yousendit.com/default2.uplx

Works for files up to 1GB, and it's free. Only stays up for 7 days though. I've used it for some things before, and although their servers are a bit slow, it works.

don`t worry Mano I wasn`t seriously suggesting a video of your hands! though it would be the ultimate wipeout tutorial video if run in sync with the race action.

As for my TR lack of speed...... its hard to compare my race with yours as we`re on different versions, but I noticed I lose speed in the same places as you and accelerate in the same places. But I need to brake tap to reach the speeds I get, without it my laps are 17+.

My fastest PIranha phantom lap is like this:

- brake tap on the first speed pad and pitch up
    - move left and take second pad. Don`t let nose come back down too soon or I bottom out up the hill.
    - nose down towards the top of the hill and over the crest, then nose up to avoid bottoming out on the right turn, then hit the speed pad on the left.
    - hit the next speed pad then try to reach the C without bottoming out or floating too much (I think this might be where I lose speed)
    - Brake tap and very short pitch up on the double speed pad by the C.
    - try to stay low over the next hill then pitch up thru the chicane so I can keep a very straight line. I don`t think the slight pitch up here costs any speed.
    - take a shortest distance line through the tunnel.
    - brake tap (left) on final speed pad and head for repeat of lap (with luck).

somewhere in this I`m losing more than a second. I`ve noticed also on lap 1 you build speed faster tha me (allowing for XL differences). I realise speed is cumulative, but only over a two lap cycle as far as I can tell. Any advice would be appreciated, though I`m not sure my description will have helped much!

Keep in mind 2097 is a bit different than XL (specially with brake tapping), but i think i can help you a bit, even tho i have completely neglected Talons for Sagarmatha lately

Lunar - brake tap on the first speed pad and pitch up
    Mano - i dont pitch up until a bit before i get to the second speed pad, i do it when the hill starts going up

L - move left and take second pad. Don`t let nose come back down too soon or I bottom out up the hill.
    M - brake tap and let go of pitch up on that speed pad

L - nose down towards the top of the hill and over the crest, then nose up to avoid bottoming out on the right turn, then hit the speed pad on the left.
    M - during the right corner i brake tap, even if theres no speed pad it gives you a good speed base to start your increments the rest of this part i do almost the same as you, you forgot to mention if you brake tap on that speed pad but i do.

L - hit the next speed pad then try to reach the C without bottoming out or floating too much (I think this might be where I lose speed)
    M - i brake tap left on this speed pad and quickly pitch up at the same time, and auickly let go of the pitch up too, this prevents me from bottoming. i also try to keep very close to the right wall of the track as it cuts distance (i dont remember if i already did this line on the video, but for my newer times i did)

L - Brake tap and very short pitch up on the double speed pad by the C.
    M - i dont pitch at all here i just brake tap

L - try to stay low over the next hill then pitch up thru the chicane so I can keep a very straight line. I don`t think the slight pitch up here costs any speed.
    M - It costs you time, i dont pitch here also, just a little before landing

L - take a shortest distance line through the tunnel.
    M - Ahem.. buddy you could have been a bit more exlpicit here LOL, i could also tell you i take the shortest distance just kidding....but seriously i make a tangent line to the inner wall of the C section

L - brake tap (left) on final speed pad and head for repeat of lap (with luck).
    M - yup, also the line here can be almost completely straight if you enter it correctly

L - somewhere in this I`m losing more than a second. I`ve noticed also on lap 1 you build speed faster tha me (allowing for XL differences). I realise speed is cumulative, but only over a two lap cycle as far as I can tell. Any advice would be appreciated, though I`m not sure my description will have helped much!

M - It helped, a lot, i could imagine all that you did, well, except on the c section; 1st lap i think is faster on XL; it happens in Sagarmatha too.

sounds to me like sOmebody should write a ''Piloting Tip'' for this track, and post it in the Piloting Tips section of this 2097/XL forum, yes?