Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SR talons reach theoretically faster than TT?

with those times, youre well on your way to a a 16.x and then to a 15.x time, i think you can make it in much less than a month, because of your ability and the techniques are already there and the information is in the forums, Asayyeah it took you longer because you didnt have this information at hand when you did it, you DISCOVERED it!! specially the airbrake tapping technique, if it werent for you, the times we make on XL now would not be possible at ALL, so its obvious that it took you longer since you were the FIRST to do it.

Lance, I imagine you feel like me when i started racing high speeds on phantom its really really pure great fun, and i can tell you are enjoying every drop of it

You have a natural ability for it as your lap improvement is fast, the consistency comes with practice, but what i think denotes ones abilities, is laptimes and your improvement curve is really good there.

squeezing tenths out of talons reach is a very fun, very rewarding experience, in SR when i feel i am making a new record, making that sound when i pass opponents at very fast speeds -swiiiiiiishhhhh....swiiiishhhhh...my heart pumps like crazy!, maybe thats a bad thing cos excitement tends to make you lose focus, but there is a point when that excitement can be transformed on teeth grinding focus and its great!

flying Piranha at Talon's Reach in Rapier class where i can handle it better is like poetry. like dancing. a slow-motion waltz

the neGcon really helps to make it feel that way

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Funny you'de say that, Lance. I thought exactely the same when I was improving my times on Rapier TR only yesterday. (And I'm sure I didn't read your post before now. ) Alright, so I was flying Quirex, not Piranha, but apparently that doesn't make any difference. *g* It's just that Rapier is fast enough to get you intoxicated with speed, while still being much easier than Phantom. Even though the latter sometimes drives me nuts, as I often feel I should actually be able to use some more flying techniques from the lower classes when really the game becomes in parts as fast as Phantom.

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

SR talons reach theoretically faster than TT ?

That was originally the name of that thread... so at this time i must say Yes... This afternoon ( after an unbelievable past night) i ve started a little ' training ' in SR Talon's and ive beaten my ' regular ' TT racetime Result : 1.15.7 ( 16.0 15.0 15.0 15.0 14.7)
    Lap 5 was

So now let's see the response of my TTracetime.... the never ending story :

1:15.7! you keep going and going man youre on fire, youre reaching a new level; if you keep breaking your records so often im going to have to buy more congratulations to give you!, by this time i bet your consistency is very high, you mostly must be making mistakes trying to get even better lap times, and that is a great thing (we hunger for speed!!!)

**edit**

in another news i finally broke the 15.0 secs barrier on XL TT phantom talons, on 14.9 secs now and i think 14.8 is very doable, also improved my TT race time to 1:16.5, did the 14.9 on the 4th lap of that very same race time, during that lap i immediately recognized by the speeds i was getting that i was going to break the 15.0 barrier.. i was right but i stayed calm and completed the race with a race time record

about SR being faster than TT, i reasoned this not only because of the 1st lap being faster, also because the parts of the racing lines where opponents disturb the most are the direction changes (curves), and that can be solved presetting your mind with a couple of options that may change the race line a bit but not much (easy to say hard to execute); proof of this is that you made a 14.7 on your 5th lap.

Only time will tell if SR is definitely faster than TT, i still think it is.

***edit2***

i just improved my TT a bit more = 1:16.3 updated on the tables

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Congratulations , the reciprocity is true for you too : did you realise what you have done 14.9
    Sorry for this Al :wink: but i must dig a reply you did in this thread :
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander
    mano, xl is slower than 2097 for talon's reach, the games play much differently when assayeahs technique is used. I seriously doubt 14.9 can be beaten on xl. For the rest of the tracks xl is faster though.
    Two heart attacks for him in those past 2 days ops: ( no offense Al :wink: ) ( even 14.8 hasn't yet reached on XL but .....)

I wanna come back on what you have written above, Mano : for the recogninization by the speeds you were getting... i see exactly what you feel about that: after many hours spent on TT you know exactly ( even without the ghost) if you can reach or not a new highscore while you are running. The major injurie will be not to stay calm & relax and it happened to me several times but sometimes you are in another dimension, it's like you know nothing bad can happend: then you reach another step.
    And that's you ve done !! Brilliant
    1.16.3 so close to Al's one...
    But no doubt Al will take back one of his fastest Neg-con and go into the danse

Another brick for that thread : ive equalled my TT racetime on Phanthom Phenitia by SR.
    result 2.08.2 ( before it was 2.16 in SR and few days ago i ve beaten my TT time ( from 2.12.0 to 2.08.2))

Thanks on the compliments Asayyeah!, i made a video of a 1:16.5 TT race time and with a 14.9 lap on it, if you see that video you will notice that i could have gotten a 14.8, as my speed on that lap at the C section of the track is very slow (365), i can get a speed on that section of 383+; Im thinking even 14.7 is very possible making even less mistakes on the rest of the track.
    Maybe i will start using internal view as the times i have played on it, it seems the view helps a bit to se how i am going to land, the twist of the camera helps with that a lot; also helps to look how to steer the ship better as the perspective on external view makes harder to calculate the nose or other parts of the ship in relation to the track, internal view is better to do that in my opinion, but for now i make a lot of mistakes on internal view as i am not used to it.

the only problem with the video is that it weights 8.5MB, a bit big to send by mail, but if your email account can handle it i can surely send it to you or anyone that wants it, but it would be better if someone could help me upload it to a server.

i've never understood how anyone can drive/fly with external view. i think Al uses it too. Arnaud, how about you? internal or external?

external i think is very good for when youre learning the track, because it gives a better perspective to see what is coming so the track doesnt surprise you; even with the pop up the perspective shows the track direction, however, when you know the track from start to finish this advantage is completely useless, internal can be a bit disorienting for some the first times as the camera moves with the craft (meaning it twists) so it adds another axis of motion (i think this would be very useful now). Problem is when you get used to one view.
    You can play the other view with a little difference BUT that difference is a lot when youre trying to break records (specially when cornering).
    When i have time i will get used to internal view it gives more advantages regarding control and direction input.
    i started using external view is because i liked to look at the ship i was driving (specially piranha, i like the ship)., which is curious because in every other racing game i choose internal/cockpit/nosecam view
    From previous posts i have read that Asayyeah uses internal view

14.8 wow, now one more tenth to prove me wrong. Hey, before the c section, do you scrape up high over the last turbo to get extra boost? Also, how do you take the first downhill(when do you pitch up, and which pads do you go over?

before the c section, do you scrape up high over the last turbo to get extra boost?
    depends on how i hit the S curve, but lately i prefer to stay as close to the ground without bottoming out as i can, scraping over the track and landing on the speed pad + airbrake tap gives you a very good boost, but the racing line gets compromised

how do you take the first downhill(when do you pitch up, and which pads do you go over?
    on the first hill at the start of the track with the right turn i pitch up as soon as the hill starts going up, theres a kinda flat section on the hill i start pitching down right before getting ther, then i keep the pitch down right untill the hill starts going down because at that moment i immediately pitch up so i can land without bottoming out, regarding speed pads i take every one of them in the track.

I can send you the video, i have your hotmail email address but hotmail tops out at 2MB and the video is 8.5MB, i can send it to you by messenger, i already added you to my contacts list, you just have to accept me and we can figure out a way, send me a PM or let me know so we can get that video sent.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Thanks Mano for the video, it's really cleaner than my former one, i must say.
    It's really great to talk through Messenger ( even it was a bit difficult for me ops: )
    Your fourth lap is really awesome , but with that speed which decrease a little bit before the C , you loose the one-tenth more , to create a kind of revolution on XL
    It's not Al who contradictes me :wink:
    To Lance , Mano 's right , i play only in internal view which is the most immersive view to feel speed better ( my opinion)

Well more times to support the theory :

I just made 1:15.9 on talons SR phantom (updated on the tables), just one tenth below my TT time but hey, i havent been playing SR for a while, so i can definitely lower that one.....however i can definitely lower my TT time also...

here's another little bit of support, my best Piranha times for TR in the lowly Vector class are for TT, 1:03.2 and for SR, 1:02.4

congratulations on your new times Lance!, more evidence; hey maybe you can break the 1:00.0 barrier , that would be great.

in my case the 1st lap helps A LOT, is there a big difference between your TT 1st lap and your SR 1st lap?

um... i don't know. but i would think that there'd hAve to be, since the second lap in Vector TR SR is pretty clear. that last guy i pass is determined to get in one last shot with the electrobolt which sometimes carries over into the beginning of the second lap, but other than that it's free sailing