Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still need a copy of Wip3out SE

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default Still need a copy of Wip3out SE

I've FINALLY got a steady income of money. (And my 21st birthday rapidly approaching)
    And I still need to get my hands on a copy of Wip3out SE.

Any / all help is very appreciated.
    Thanks in advance guys!

eBay is your best bet. I got my copy on there. W3:SE seems to pop up every few days (almost always in UK, you may have to use ebay.co.uk in order to find the game).

Looking through eBay, I found this: a PAL playstation, plus 3 controllers, 3 memory cards, and 12 games, including Wipeout 3 Special Edition, with a starting bid of 20 pounds. Sounds like a very nice deal.

The other available one right now that I found is just S.E. by itself.

amazon.co.uk is where i got mine. no bidding, just click and receive. just search for the game, look in the used section (probably your only option) and select the right balance of price/condition for you.

when is your 21st, vagrant? mine is coming up on the 4th may and my birthday iPod came through the post today! it was really nice of me to send it to me, i really shouldnt have. :wink:

¥

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Thanks for the well wishes
    My birthday is on April 26.

I would order it from amazon.co.uk but if I remember right, people in the US can't order from there. Or amazon can't send it here (Seattle, WA, USA), or something like that.

Perhaps I should look into it again... :-?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

How much did it cost you on amazon yuuusen? I was gonna buy it there but read another post and dicovered that it was on sale at HMV with DD2 for half the price it was on amazon

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Wehey!! I finally got my copy of WO 3 SE delivered today and it totally kicks ass, its the best Wipeout it has to be

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

By the way where are the Japanese tracks?

i imagine you have to win them as bonuses/rewards for completing a particular sequence of victories

You can either do that, probably having to face such "delights" as winning P-Mar with a Goteki 45, or you can just enter ALLTRACK as the default name and rip it on LS106. :wink:

gasp!
    but but [horrors], that would be... chEating!

[shh.. do i have to leave a space between the r and the w?]

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I thought that might be the case, must be the classic tracks you need to get gold for, I think I'll get them the honest way.

chEating...... I prefer to call it Economy of Effort. When I unwrapped 3SE I just wanted to get to the good stuff as soon as possible. And the ovals are vEry good stuff.

I don`t have the patience to slog through Odessa Keys with a Feisar at Vector or Venom. You can always use ALLTRACK and then go back for the golds later. :wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Take a deeeep and long breath, Lance. ALLTRACK may give you tracks. but not a single fast lap time!
    :)

Ben

Naaaw, but it would be SO easy...."type a-l-l-t-r-a-c-k, type it for precious more tracks!"..."but no, that would take the fun out of it, Smeagol won't, Smeagol won't..."

you do of course realise that i was kidding. i've been known to avoid racing on tracks i don't like with ships i don't like. i am too old to be patient, to waste time on doing unpleasant things. but really, no matter what age you are, there is never so much time that one would waste it on anything that is not either fun or absolutely necessary to one's continued existence. one becomes more and more aware of this as one gets older and older. just spend time doing what you love and you will not be aware of time at all

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

This should definitely become a famous quote in some "wisdom from the early 21st century" edition. :)
    Hmm, looks like I wasn't able to let my own irony shine from behind the last post's lines. :)

Ben

oh, i saw the irony all righty, like yuuusen's in another post.
    but i felt like speechifyin'. been too damned philosophical the last couple of days. i even wrote a poem yesterday and posted it on my livejournal, for all the world to see. as though all the world were actually looking. [ big eyeroll ]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Oh, but I did look (after you mentioned it, naturally :) ). I always liked "common" people's poems, stories and whatever they come up with. I wrote a whole story for my girlfriend myself for our anniversary, which includes three poems. Anyway, what I wanted to say is that it is amazing just how many people out there are actually writing on a regular basis. There's a poet in everyone of us, I suppose.
    Ah, but we are drifting away from the subject matter. To give this post some relevance I have to say I seriously considered using that cheat, sicne I had almost finished W3O before I lost my old memory card. But then, there's always the bitter taste of not being worth the game if you cheat, which I never do. And so won't start it now. :)

Ben

eek!
    ''common''
    eek!

it's a really sappy, melancholy, wistful poem. not typical of my work, but you're only as good as your newest and you are who you are only in the present moment.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

How come I expected just that reaction? ;-)
    Well, I better correct then into: "[...] liked 'common' people's, present moderators excluded, poems [...]." :)

I don't agree with someone being only as good as their newest, though. I'd rather think it's all of your work that defines your abilities and standard.

Ben

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

wow.

This has really gotten off topic! Oh well.

Carry on.