Thread: 2097 from Dice.nl issues

Default 2097 from Dice.nl issues

Hi gang,

Problems.

Been looking forward to getting hold of the PC version of 2097 for ages now, since I got rid of the Playstation years ago and I'm still waiting for a game to create the impact that 2097 did to me. But I was SO disappointed.

I ordered the game from Amazon.co.uk and I received it 2 days later, (distributed by dice games www.dice.nl ). I installed it on 2 drives..Win XP Pro (SP1) using compatability mode and WIn Me. The trouble is, when I try to run the game I get an error message; "Wipeout 2097 CD Validator" (In the title bar) saying; "Make sure Wipeout 2097 is in the CD drive." I select ok and there is no attempt to read a disk in any of the cd drives. I have to select "cancel" which shuts the game frontend down. I have tried combinations of starting the game in various compatability modes and system settings, to no avail. I get the same error message on the Win Me drive. I have reluctantly solved this problem by acquiring a no-cd patch from the internet..but I don't feel I should have the need to.

Secondly there is no manual on the CD even though it is asserted on the rear of the case. No big deal.

Finally, there is no music during the game, although there are references to audio files on the CD (Large files with extension .swp ie; MESSIJRC.SWP) (This is the same for XP and Windows Me) This was almost the final straw.

The final straw came when I couldn't configure my analogue PS pad using NTPad and PPad for Win XP and DirectPad Pro for Win Me.

BUT I did get the game running fine using CPU Killer to reduce CPU speed, using the keyboard, with no music.....I could cry.

The Dice.nl site is of no use.

Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton)
    Gigabyte GA-7VT600
    512 MB PC3200 RAM
    LG CDRW GCE-8160B
    LG RW/DVD GCC-4320B
    GeForce 4 Ti 4800SE
    Maxtor 7200rpm 40Gb

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Welcome to the world of "PC Gaming".
    You see, a PC is NOT a gaming machine.
    If you want a computer platform for solo gaming, I would suggest you purchase yourself a Playstation, the ultimate gaming platform. Even though it has been "surpassed" by the PS2, they're still making games for it. It's that good.

Of course, this is mostly just me typing for my own benefit because you had one and got rid of it. What were you thinking? Fool! Go get a Playstation! 8 )

again, no solution, just a little bit more psx zeal.

THEYRE CHEAP NOWADAYS. UNBELIEVABLY CHEAP.

try and find a nice old one. one of the earliest models that still had the audio out sockets on the back and rig it up to a nice stereo.
    --
    [off topic]
    do the remodeled psones have audio out sockets? does anyone know?

¥

hi, welcome to WZ.

i'll join in the exhortation to get a PSX, especially if you've got a competitive streak, since computer versions can't be used on our records tables. not standardised as to speeds and consequent playability

Hi Ugly Toe. I've got "Overboard", released by dice.nl too. It includes a second cd with the manuals of all the psygnosis games they released in .pdf format. I can email the wipeout 2097 manual to you if you want it.

The reason why there's no music during the game is probably because you are using a no-cd patch. If the music is stored in the cd it will not be read because the patch tells the game not to use the cd drive.

Default Thanx

Ok, ok...not all at once! I came online to catch up on emails and find 4 posts to my problem! Thanks a lot. You are right, I needed telling off for getting rid of the playstation, but I've played so many games since on my PC, and I (foolishly) thought that Wipeout could get me all fired up again on this platform. It seems the PS is where it belongs.

I shall purchase the PS again and get me a nice 32inch TV..(for the kids of course!)

Just for the record, I'm a firefighter here in Liverpool UK, and the station where I'm at is Old Swan...which covers the old Psygnosis site.. now the Sony site in Wavertree Tech. Park. Just for reference.

Is that sad for mentioning that?...hmmm. :-?

for the kids. of course. very commendable. [rollin' the eyes]

--------

the computer versions are nice just because they look so good.

---------------

firefighters have my utmost respect

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Ugly Toe - you're pretty local for me, comparitively, I'm along in Aigburth.

Default ......psst....

shh....I sneaked a nice 28" TV in last week, while the wife was in hospital having our beautiful little girl Amy, and just after that, it was my son's birthday, and he wanted a PlayStation. (He did NOT receive any persuasion from me, not if you don't include an extension of his bedtime to 9:30 and ALL the Lego Star Wars mini series!).
    Also on my travels I just happened to come across a second-hand WO2097 and the original WO too, so it seems it has all fell strangely into place, with no effort from me at all . I'm now staying up late while everyone is asleep and racing around once more. It really does appear I've got away with it! And boy,...it feels good.

Just one thing, Arnaud Senand.

:cry:

lol. yes, Arnaud might be a bit of an obstacle to anyone else gaining first place. it can possibly be done, but it won't be easy.

congratulations on the new facilities for fun. enjoy

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Hi Ugly Joe, wellcome to the board.
    With some good practise most of my times are achievable in lower classes. For phanthom class it's another problem :wink: ( 7 years and half of intense practising with a very good pal of mine : Anthony) Btw i will put all of his scores into the tables this week-end.... so another good opponent for you too!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

can't put u friends scores via your account - u'll have to let anthony make his own and put his times him self!

welcome ugly .. toe !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by zargz
    can't put u friends scores via your account
    : i can assure you i won't divided me into 2 !! :
    Seriously, i ve created him his own hotmail adress then a new account for him in WZ tables . So when i log in i could be able to choose between me & him.
    So the jobs is done now, i updated all his SR times.
    A new good opponent for you in rapier & phanthom classes ( Vector & Venom is not his cup of tea, if i can say for the UK pilots :wink: )
    I will create a presentation topic introducing him a bit for those who doesn't know him yet.