Hi gang,

Problems.

Been looking forward to getting hold of the PC version of 2097 for ages now, since I got rid of the Playstation years ago and I'm still waiting for a game to create the impact that 2097 did to me. But I was SO disappointed.

I ordered the game from Amazon.co.uk and I received it 2 days later, (distributed by dice games www.dice.nl ). I installed it on 2 drives..Win XP Pro (SP1) using compatability mode and WIn Me. The trouble is, when I try to run the game I get an error message; "Wipeout 2097 CD Validator" (In the title bar) saying; "Make sure Wipeout 2097 is in the CD drive." I select ok and there is no attempt to read a disk in any of the cd drives. I have to select "cancel" which shuts the game frontend down. I have tried combinations of starting the game in various compatability modes and system settings, to no avail. I get the same error message on the Win Me drive. I have reluctantly solved this problem by acquiring a no-cd patch from the internet..but I don't feel I should have the need to.

Secondly there is no manual on the CD even though it is asserted on the rear of the case. No big deal.

Finally, there is no music during the game, although there are references to audio files on the CD (Large files with extension .swp ie; MESSIJRC.SWP) (This is the same for XP and Windows Me) This was almost the final straw.

The final straw came when I couldn't configure my analogue PS pad using NTPad and PPad for Win XP and DirectPad Pro for Win Me.

BUT I did get the game running fine using CPU Killer to reduce CPU speed, using the keyboard, with no music.....I could cry.

The Dice.nl site is of no use.

Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton)
Gigabyte GA-7VT600
512 MB PC3200 RAM
LG CDRW GCE-8160B
LG RW/DVD GCC-4320B
GeForce 4 Ti 4800SE
Maxtor 7200rpm 40Gb