Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: upside-downo-vision

Default upside-downo-vision

the game : wipeout 3 special edition
    the mode : time trial
    the class : rapier
    the track : porto kora
    the ship : any

okay, lets make things a little interesting.

the pilot to get the fastest race time while playing upside-down wins. no turning your tvs over for this one, its hardcore hangin-off-the-edge-of-the-sofa time!

in accordance with the wipeoutzone arena guidelines, and to not exclude any individual that may not own a sofa, armchairs and other backed furniture is allowed. pilots may also ask a friend to hold them upside-down but any injuries incurred are the responsibility of the pilot and/or supporting pilot. thankyou.

please post your times below _

¥

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

You sir, are a crazy, crazy man.
    Where did you get _this_ idea from? How much of what were you smoking? 8 )

i do not live in PAL land, but if i did i would be very tempted by your challenge, despite my 61 year-old [minus a week or so] blood vessels. a unique contest! an inspiration. i do believe that i am going to have to devise some tempting delicious challenge to get the NTSC faithful upon their collective posteriors and racing once again. i cannot afford prizes that cost actual money, but surely there is something..
    hmmm......

thank you for your praise my friends.

lance, you yourself are an inspiration, i hope i still have reactions as fast as yours when i am 61 (please announce your birthday by the way).
    --
    i came up with the idea when playing phantom class and wanting more of a challenge yet feeling left out in the cold by the two extra proto tracks.

the thread about unused graphics on the wipEout disc also helped, more specifically the graphic for the 'negative controls' weapon. i took that formula and proceeded to emulate and expand on it.
    --
    a wasnt smoking anything (and havent in a long while) but i was under the influence of a little guarana (thats me behind the bar, in my old job, three years ago).

¥

so you're saying that we should be drinking guarana extract instead of red bull, mountain dew, jolt cola, and other such weak and wimpy so-called ''stimulants''? i think i'll stick with tea, usually both black and Sri Lankan.

reactions? it's easy to be in the top ten when there's only three people playing the game.
    actually i'm amazed and thankful that i can play the game at all, and even to be moderately good at it. thanks for compliment.
    countdown is to April 6

are you still in Brighton? that's where Jamie lives, last i heard

hey, i did that plenty of times! (meaning playing games upside down) especially when i was bored with a game. maybe that's why ppl think there's something wrong with my head, but it's just blood flooded, that's all

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    are you still in Brighton? that's where Jamie lives, last i heard
    --
    no i moved back to wales about 6 months ago so i could save some money up. imho brighton is a beautiful place to live but damned too expensive. funny you should ask though, as i am going to a party here in the hills thats being thrown by the guy i moved down to brighton with. he and a few brighton djs are playing so i shall be expecting a rather fun night out.

( i take guarana occasionally and do highly recommend it if you plan to be busy for a full day. i dont however, recommend it for long periods of playing video games as the combination of the guarana-enhanced adrenal system and up-down-up-down excitment factor of video games can make you a bit loopy, in the literal sense of the word )

i do plan to move to brighton again but only when i have had enough experience in web design to get a job in that industry. that way i can afford to get my own place there and still save money for the future.
    --
    which also reminds me, infox : i havent forgotten about my offer, ive just been struggling with a terribly lazy streak. i simply need to tweak and validate and the first of the pack is yours.
    --
    shem : you up for the challenge then?

¥

note to self: read location data on left side of screen

lol

¥

( i cant believe i formatted an 'lol' ! )

i am so doing that.

mind, you could also turn the TV upside down ^ ^

oh, no. none of that! yuu [ex u]sen said: ''no turning your tvs over for this one,''. gotta make it difficult

yes, tv's must be upside-up for this challenege.

i still havent properly attempted it yet but had a quick spin about a week ago. boy its fun!

¥

is ther any diference between turning over the tv and actualy being upside down yourself?

yuusen said
    yes, tv's must be upside-up for this challenege.
    hey, havent you changed your mind, i though they allowed to be upside down?!?

tv upside-up, pilot upside-down. that's what he originally said, and he has stuck with it

so ummm... is anyone gonna post times and stuff?

Although I'm not eligible (don't have W3OSE), I attempted this feat.

And I can't even finish the course.

The checkpoint counter goes down to zero before I can finish, hitting so many walls, I was! But I must say, trying to climb in and out of my chair upside-down made the attempt very much worth it, and I'm obliged to consider the task of doing so the real challenge.
    Much due praise for quite a unique idea, yuusen.

Quote Originally Posted by gucci_little_piggy
    so ummm... is anyone gonna post times and stuff?
    soon bruv, soon. theres no deadline, i just want to get people playing. maybe if i post some myself, people will follow the challenge up, just gotta wait for my neck to heal.

¥

ah cool. i think i should try my hand at it soon.

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

This sounds too good to miss.
    "the anti-gravity a-g challenge"

Do I get bonus points If I pass out due to blood rush? :