Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modifying Wipeout 3 SE

noah, as far as the file sizes being different in wipeout3se and wipeout 3 I don't think will be a problem with the japanese version. My guess is the files are the same size for the same tracks between se and J

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

I don't really see what the point is of making the ntscSE on the jap wo3?
    even if it works ntsc wipErs still have to modify their psx' right?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOLANDER
    My guess is the files are the same size for the same tracks between se and J
    Tracks have different file endings and there is a slight diference in size between J and se.
    also for J it seems you can't change place of the tracks as you want - some tracks will not go in the place of sertain other tracks!
    for se it doesn't seem to matter.
    as Colbols original ide I wanted to play TT and tournaments on the prototypes
    for SE I put together the following 'wip3out' league: T HF P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 ( P = prototype )
    will make for some pretty cool veNom, Rapier and Phantom Tournaments. Right stin?
    If I can find out which track is Sagamatha I'll put it first and Terminal second!
    for J with some big problems: P2 MM SR SI PK T P4 P6
    Also some cool Tournaments!
    Actaully P5 (the Big oval) doesn't get really interesting till you race it with the icaras on phantom 8O >>
    >> coz in se when changed place with MT, on P5 you race with the proto-ships but with the normal stats
    on MT normal ships but with proto-ships stats!!!!!! 8O
    zool: you can Only have two 'normal' tracks where you can drive the proto-ships!
    By replacing the name of that particular track with P5 or P6.
    wo3pal doesnt seem to work - it hangs on the startline
    much like my J orig game on a chipped euro psx (that's why I got me a J psx )
    Also, I'm playng these things on an emulator so I don't know if it will work on an actual psx

zargz, yes but the japanese version has much better physics on some of the tracks, runs at a faster framerate, and will play correctly on a modified psx(a pal version will not unless you have that pal/ntsc switch fix), and then it runs way too fast and doesn't fit onto the screen correctly.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Okay, now I see.
    Btw have you tryied, now that you have a Big TV , playing SE on wide screen?
    I'm almost sure ( 95% ) it will cure the not_seeng_all_the_screen part!
    I was playing Worms and couldn't see the windmeter at the bottom ..
    Changed it to wide screen and voila!

The game actually looks better on my other TV!! Future games won't, but that one did. I think you are right because you can adjust the screen many ways. I have a pal TV anyways now so it all fits and I don't have to use that modified version I used to have.

cobol, your method does not work on the playstation, is there any other way to do these modifications?

Did you license the iso with bootedit?

I've written a guide to burn a playstation iso including the videos and audio tracks:
    http://free.7host03.com/cobol/wipeout3se/index.html

All the tools required (except the burning program) can be downloaded here:
    http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...52USBJPI3UUB8W

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOLANDER
    How about replacing the wipeout 3 tracks from the first wipeout 3 game with the classic tracks from 3se from wipeout 3se. Is this a possible manouver.
    I replaced the jap porto kora with the se proto kora i e I put se pk on the jap disc > changed the file ending that's different
    when I tryed to play it, on emu, it ended with the emu shutting down. Only when trying play PK
    All the other trax(jap) were okay so it seems it can't be done I'm afraid ..

Oh, well, it was worth a shot. Did you try to burn a cd like this and try it on your playstation?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

No I didn't but if it doesn't work on the emu I strongly doubt it will work on the psx

Timezone
    GMT -5

Anyone have any stories of how they remixed their music for WO3:SE?