Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Modifying Wipeout 3 SE

okay cobol, I got a question. How about replacing the wipeout 3 tracks from the first wipeout 3 game with the classic tracks from 3se from wipeout 3se. Is this a possible manouver. If so, then it might be possible to replace the ntsc wipeout 3 game's 8 tracks with the pal versions wipeout 3se's classic tracks. Thus making an ntsc special edition. Could you check this out with the regular pal versions(wipeout 3 and wipeout 3se). If you don't understand I'll try to explain again. From what you have been doing it seems like this might be possible.

woah! an NTSC Special Edition. now thERe's something i would love to see

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Shem
    I have a question - is it possible just to replace the music tracks on Wipeout 3SE with the ones you like? I mean, it wouldn't be a problem if the lenght of the music tracks was the same or would it? I always wanted to play W3 with my own selectron of music, without turning the game music off and listening to my stereo of course.
    http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/vi...230&highlight=

Yes it can be done. It can be done to all versions of Wipeout except for Fusion since I haven't tried it yet.

wow, thanks vh5150!

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOLANDER
    How about replacing the wipeout 3 tracks from the first wipeout 3 game with the classic tracks from 3se from wipeout 3se. Is this a possible manouver. If so, then it might be possible to replace the ntsc wipeout 3 game's 8 tracks with the pal versions wipeout 3se's classic tracks. Thus making an ntsc special edition. Could you check this out with the regular pal versions(wipeout 3 and wipeout 3se).

I tried this with Wip3out (PAL) and W3:SE. I was successfully able to move tracks around within W3AL using Cobol's technique, but not between the two games. Examining the track files, it appears that those of SE have slightly different filesizes than those of the regular game, and I suspect this means the way the game reads them is slightly different. When I attempted to swap in tracks from SE to regular W3O, and tested it with ePSXe and PCSX, both emulators errored and quit. So I don't think it's possible using simple techniques already stated in this thread.

The same happened to me. I swapped the files between WO3SE and WO3 and the game loads fine, until it has to load one track, then the emulator hangs up.

There are some differences between the two games. There's one file called NFE.PB inside the WIPEOUT3 folder, I don't know what it does, but it's different on each game. I've tried swapping it too but it didn't work. Then, there's that folder called WIPEOUTC on WO3SE, that I still don't know if it is required or if it's just dummy data.

And some of the tools for edit/convert graphics can be downloaded here:
    http://dev.paradogs.com/tools.html

the japanese version may be the way to go for swapping tracks, this has the same codes and ratings of the 3se version. Someone has to get this to work.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Shem

wow, thanks vh5150!

You're welcome. The guide can be adjusted to the other wipeouts if you look for the right END sectors. Maybe one day I will sit down and rip my Wipeout cd library for those sectors.

How about putting both the original and the Special Edition on the same disc and using a boot menu to choose between them.

does anyone have 3se and the japanese version as well. Is it possible to switch the collection of classic tracks with the wipeout 3 tracks just on that particular version, so the tracks will be in the opposite selection box. If this is possible, I think it may be possible to put the classic tracks onto the japanese wo3. The j version already has all of the protos, so a ntsc version would be possible, it would be two discs though.

does anyone have 3se and the japanese version as well.
    if I could find a copy of the Japanese version, I would get it. I looked on eBay but didn't really have any luck, and I don't know Japanese so I can't scour their sites. I read in an earlier post that vh5150 has both versions, maybe he can give it a shot.

Default alright

I think it's time to get this topic started again. Is anyone willing to try the technique for getting a ntsc wo3se version going. If you have wo3se I can probably provide the japanese version

Timezone
    GMT -5

does anyone have 3se and the japanese version as well. Is it possible to switch the collection of classic tracks with the wipeout 3 tracks just on that particular version, so the tracks will be in the opposite selection box. If this is possible, I think it may be possible to put the classic tracks onto the japanese wo3. The j version already has all of the protos, so a ntsc version would be possible, it would be two discs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by noah
    does anyone have 3se and the japanese version as well.
    if I could find a copy of the Japanese version, I would get it. I looked on eBay but didn't really have any luck, and I don't know Japanese so I can't scour their sites. I read in an earlier post that vh5150 has both versions, maybe he can give it a shot.

Somebody wake me from my deep sleep?

Yes I have quite a collection: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/vi...216&highlight=

Let me know what monster you Frankensteins plan on making.

To fill you in on a JAP WO3SE: It doesn't exist. Only on AUS and EUR systems. There is of course a WO3 for PAL and NTSC though.

I've uploaded a video I made playing time trial on a prototype track. The quality is pretty bad (so bad that the rain can't be seen), but it's the best I can get emulating a playstation and recording the image at once.
    Here's the link, it will last for 7 days:
    http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...N0YOVOHXV3JVEQ

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

that's right - you can't see the rain, but what you can see is the reflection of the engine on the wet track!!
    Awsome stuff Cobol!

PSN ID
    wirehang

I love all this talk.

matt

Here's another one:
    http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...E01JR7B8NMSML7

This is the first special track driven with one of the regular ships (although it looks like the special one). There is so few time and the ship is so slow that it's hard to finish the race. Also, check out the doves, gulls or whatever they are.

PSN ID
    wirehang

Nice work

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Big thanx to Cobolt and zoolander!
    I made it work! WOW! Amaizing stuff!

Cobolt: Is there any way to get rid of the rain/leaves/birds??

I don't think so. The data in this game is stored in a very strange way. I can't understand where is the stuff stored (3d models, textures, sound effects, ...).