Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who here on the Zone really likes WipEout Fusion ?

Default Fusion Rules!!!

Hi I have been playing WipeOut since 1. release on PS. I have taken every goldmedal in all releases to PS, and when I bought the PS2, I bought Fusion as well. This game rules!
    Try to upgrade the EG-R, and use the 1. pilot - and turn off weapons - now - if you wanna win, you'll have to kick serious A.., and do the tracks allmost perfect (the EG-R is by far the fastest ship, when controlled - no other bird accelerates like this - try the second track reversed on the moon - you can do close to 4000 here! that's like flying zone at max.) After Fusion, I don't play anything else!

Default Re: Prototypes in Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by Task

The grey ships are "prototypes".

You know, the way your ship looks when you upgrade it to "Phantom class"?

That's why it's grey, because it's a prototype and hasn't been painted yet.

That makes sense. But I didn't have to do the challenges to get the prototype. :-?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

The challenges are only for the super weapon license

I actually like the game, it's not fast enought though but the zone mode was great fun to play. It also had some pretty good tunes to play along with as well. And it does have the most tracks in any wipeout game but splitting them up into different sections does feel a little cheap.

I like Fusion, maybe cause it's the only one i haven't completed yet...

my laptime on Mandrashee 3 reverse was 00.35.60 last night, it that fast?
    i can't find other laprecords to compare myself with....

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Like most, first getting Fusion was a put-down. I firs visited the site, and the site gave it such of a different feeling, I totally looked the other direction towards how wipeout fusion would be made. The total thoughts of (mabye it's online) or (mabye you can speak with other pilots) along with visiting the site, I imagined it more than I needed. The site is dark, and mysterious, but the second I reached the first track, Florian Height, it was all sunny!!!! :x I wanted a darker type of wipeout. But after a few years, I began enjoying it, I guess. But it didn't have much feeling to it, if you know what I mean. The art work in it (especially most of the first drawings) showed what could have been a much better wipeout. Oh well, I still think that the graphics were brilliant after puchasing more games for the PS2 and not expecting so much from the new game console I had received. I love the power of the weapons, and how much of a part they play on the game. Without them, wipeout wouldn't be wipeout. Grabbing out of my memory: "The pilot and the craft are one. The weapons and the racing are one. It is all one. It is wipeout." So if someone is still way ahead in first place, you still have a large chance to catch up, even if in 16th place. But, enough babble. I could go on forever... :roll:

I like fusion because its a cool game. Only to bad some of my favourite teams disapeared from the series. Still I think the visuals of the ships changing is a nice feature, and I like the track designs. Only I started again with wip3out last week and I like the floatiness more of that game, although I miss the graphics and framerate from Fusion.