Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who here on the Zone really likes WipEout Fusion ?

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

try find wo3se too!

Ok, i will try. But with all these new games, i ask myself when i will be able to play all of that... But i trust you guys...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Don't worry, Vic. It shouldn't take you too long to see all of 2097. In fact, I believe 2097 is the easiest one of the Wipeouts, at least in terms of playing through all the leagues and modes and unlocking all that is to unlock. WO3SE is the one that will keep you up for weeks, but it's worth it (and having me say this actually means a lot ).

Ben

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    VagabondArts

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl
    Don't worry, Vic. It shouldn't take you too long to see all of 2097. In fact, I believe 2097 is the easiest one of the Wipeouts, at least in terms of playing through all the leagues and modes and unlocking all that is to unlock. WO3SE is the one that will keep you up for weeks, but it's worth it.

Ben
    i totally agree.

On the topic of WO Fusion conversation, I'd like to add that I'm enjoying it immensely, although in a different way than earlier wipeouts.

I get great satisfaction from tagging an opponent with rockets around a curve and then decimating them behind me with grenades or some other delicious form of destruction.

The weapons fighting is as fun to me as playing a game of quake iii. It's great when you can dodge their attacks!

hey did anyone notice that in the original wipeout when someone launches a missile at you if you shoot off a rocket the missile chases it instead?
    I don't think this is a feature anymore is it?

are there any weapon cancellation combos you know of similar to this?
    -Animagic

Hi to All!

Referring to the subject, I like Fusion a lot. It's a different flying feel, all have noticed that, but I think the game is graphically superior than the others of the series (I speak for ps1 versions), it's very fast (especially in zone mode) and it's very nice to get money and upgrade ships. There's a lot of tracks, of game modes and game-playing. They can put in TDR, btw :wink: ...

i thought that it was a totaly diferent game of wipeout (apart from being a sequel) there were some dodgy things like were after the jump at the end of florion heights 3 the nose of craft seems to stick to the floor afterwards (very frustrating because you lose speed for a bit) and were did the classes go? its all leagues now non of this rapier and venom class, slowing down to half your speed whe going into the pits, its not star wars racer! but there were the good things about it, super weapons, better graphics and the bringin back of the individual pilots to choose from that have different characterists to each pilot.

Fusion was definitely different from the others, but definitely still good.
    Of course I was disappointed when I found out that it was basically re-vamped. But that doesn't mean it's a bad game, I soon came to realize. Getting a perfect lap on the harder courses with a souped-up Tigron is still incredibly gratifying, as is firing a quake either forward or reverse, only to take out many ships at once, and as it says in the WOXL manual, "...will make you laugh like an idiot for days."

Of course things have changed...but I still enjoy it.

Can't say I don't miss the old physics, though... :icks up and plays WOXL::

Quote Originally Posted by piranha wiper
    ... and were did the classes go? its all leagues now non of this rapier and venom class, slowing down to half your speed whe going into the pits, its not star wars racer! but there were the good things about it, super weapons, better graphics and the bringin back of the individual pilots to choose from that have different characterists to each pilot.
    The class come out when you upgrade the ships! You notice that the ships change shape, in some cases really a lot (see xios). from 0 to 24% you are in vector class. from 25 to 49 you are in venom, and at the end (after 75%) you have ships with no team colors (i.e. prototype), and you can call it phantom class

hey that makes more sense now,but it destroys the 'wipeout feel' of it all

i agree with you, pw. taking away the clearly defined classes has stripped down the wipeout formula to the point where i personally dont feel like i am playing as part of a sport but just a bunch of guys in fast floaty toys. in their attempt to make the gameplay deeper, i actually believe it got shallow. been said before, im sure.

¥

I've read a lot of bad opinion about fusion here on the zone, but really I can't agree with many... start from the yours! :wink: (And don't take this as a polemical, I'm more happy to talk with people with different ideas from mine ).
    The clearly designed class are for me more defined, since even the ships changes... and they're already defined! So, why worring about it? You know when you are racing in vector, in venom rapier or phantom/prototype!
    The menu sucks, the menu-gingle is nearly awful, and there's less floaty feel. Ok.
    But the graphics? Has someone spoken about the graphics (Not for you, Piranha Wiper )?
    The circuits? A lot, with shortcuts, secrets, free area, switch pad.
    The differents racing Modes (Zone mode: thanks a lot, studio-liverpool!)?
    Super-weapons? And earning money and upgrade the ships (to get trough the mentioned classes, and with more realism i think: the ships changes by your upgrades, and you notice that the opponents are racing fast, like in others WO)?
    And none mention the fact they made an official site where you can put codes for your records, preventing (not at all) cheating, and incouraging the online-challenging (think that is for the contribute of the zone, so hail to you, zone starters!)
    There are many things on fusion that none speak about, only "hey, where's TDR? and fat cat? and Curly? THE FLOATY FEEL!!!!"
    Even for me Curly was a Myth, and so on for the other aspects... But I play WO since the 1st, with only four team in 2050, and every chapter changed something from the others. But, for me, it's still WipeOut. Always AG racing, always wipin' opponents with many powerful weapons, always flyin' on tracks with tricks and wonderful architectures. I can't believe that people says to others "don't buy it, is too different, it's no wipeout". I respect all the opinions, but after playing all WO series (for ps1and pc), I think this can't be said.
    Sorry for the words-flood, but must say that, after reading so many posts 'bout the negative aspects of fusion. Playn' WO ten years and still enjoy it! :wink:

Good Wipin' to All. >>>>

as said by one fellow wz member 'wipeout is wipeout' (i forget, its in this section of the zone), i never really thought about the actual games themselves until i joined the zone, i tought 'hey pretty nice game, cool graphics(for their time), original idea for a game, things to unluck, different speed levels, smart!' then i came here and it all turned to 'its not this its that do things here and there' and i didnt think about wat other people thought about fusion like the fact that you sed R3rr0, 'the menu gignle is nearly awful' ha ha i found it fun at one piont to try and do the action for the instruments being played, may sound strange tho : the actual song is better thats some dodgy remix, very dodgy, any ways, about the tracks 'free area' ??? the earning money business was a cool idea but changing the ships, what for? there should be an absolute team ship shape ( : i didnt realise at first what i put) there wasnt a need to change them in the past in the previous WO and still shoudnt be a need.

i have one last thing to add: i am getting confused with the term 'floaty' im not quite sure what every one means by this, i mean all of the crafts float otherwise they would need wheels ,

PS, right im off to bed, been workin, tired.

Hi!

Responding to your "free area???"... When you come to a place of the tracks, where there's no track. : : : I mean, florion height: where there's the dusty place with rocks (and when you are in zone mode they're DAMN rock), or cubiss float 2 when you came into the blue cavern, or vohl square 3, soon after the start. In this area the trajectories are not "obbligated" by the circuits, you can change according to the situation.
    For changing the shape... I know that that wasn't necessary, infact others don't have this! But I think it's cool! I mean, the identity of the ships remains, the team colors too (exception for prototype/phantom class... but how could they be prototype, if not? ). And it's even more realistic: More shield, more turning ability, more brake, more power... You must put somethin' else upon that ship, he he =D
    For the rest, in the previous post maybe i've been a little drastic, i didn't want to say that fusion is the best... Probably, for me the best was 2097, the first that really get me! In the first WO I didn't go maniac, drinkin' red bull and screaming for the house when I get a time Only, I'm trying to say that, always in my opinion, some people here didn't spend much time on fusion, and after seeing that there's no Curly that say go, less floaty feel(Floaty. You've noticed that in fusion, ships seems more "anchorated" to the track, and you can see it clearly in the jumps: they get to the ground more rapidly... but play and you'll understand immediatly). If you play others, especially W3O, and then soon after play fusion, you notice that a lot. And no TDR! So they say "hey, it's bad, bad, bad". Probably Fusion need more time to get appreciated than others chapters, and after completing the game (finally i'm galaxy, muhahahahahahahahaha) the impression is better than at the first. I buy it, and then didn't play for two or three months, after trying it only few time. And hated zone mode. Now is my favourite mode... But it's going another flood so I'm going to fly, must reach zone 40 (sob, i'm still a sucker in this mode!).

Good Wipin' and many quakes to all.

Default Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by piranha wiper
    hey that makes more sense now,but it destroys the 'wipeout feel' of it all
    Maybe, in a future Wipeout game, there could be upgrades within the classes. If you wanted to do a race in a certain class, you could take your ship for that class and upgrade it. That way there would still be clearly defined classes, but with upgrades, too.

I never understood what that message from Piranha in the challenge mode meant... it said there would be a prototype ship, but only if you finished the challenges. :-?

Default Re: Upgrades

It's still like you says! You've got 25% of upgrades before changing class (it means at least five or six upgrades).

And for the message, there's even eg-r that spoken something about prototype... but finished the game, and no prototype are comed out ops:

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

If Wipeout fusion had had a network play feature would you still condemn it so strongly?

A lot of games have network play, but that doesn't necessarily make them good. You can put a fast, fancy engine in a big ugly minivan, but it's still a big ugly minivan (obscure analogy, I know). We all know the Fusion experience, and we all know how we feel about it. Being able to play it over a network is still playing Fusion. It doesn't seem like it would change much. Now if the PS1 classics were network compatible, that would rock my socks right off my feet...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Default Prototypes in Fusion

The grey ships are "prototypes".

You know, the way your ship looks when you upgrade it to "Phantom class"?

That's why it's grey, because it's a prototype and hasn't been painted yet.

Although I don't consider the gameplay of fusion to be worth much, It is a visually pleasing game; and my good friend who had the big widescreen TV sold it (to my father ) so that he could buy a projector.

In a week I will be playing wipeout on a 120" screen. (count em... one-hundred twenty!) Fusion will gain new life, however temporary.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Default Re: Prototypes in Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by Task

The grey ships are "prototypes".

You know, the way your ship looks when you upgrade it to "Phantom class"?

That's why it's grey, because it's a prototype and hasn't been painted yet.

They had time to paint the logos on ( mainly referring to Feisar and Van-Uber who have colour logo on) and Tigron doesn’t look that much different