Thread: Wipeout Universe and the Rollcage Universe

Are these two games in the same universe? Or are they completely seperate. Maybe they are two different sports that are battling it out as most popular sport on the planet or something (could explain Goteki 45's arrival and disappearence)

I reckon some of the old Rollcage courses would have made great Wipeout tracks...

Blasting around Neato City anyone?

PSN ID
    namopeR

I would love to see Yuri race against ms. Belmondo in their respective vehicle of doom. Rollcage is a great series, but will remain #2. At least until "Rollcage Stage III" =)

PSN ID
    Thorinx

and what about Dethkarz and Killer Loop? i think theyre pretty wipy too.

i love Killer Loop [damn, that game is hard], but somehow, the continual falling off the Dethkarz track into the smeggin' fekken ___damned city streets many many carlengths below just didnt appeal to me. maybe if i could learn from my mistakes it would help me drive better, but i seem to drive each race as though i had never done it before.

KL is definitely futurey, though it seems a bit different future from wipEouts, but it definitely has the feel.

Dethkarz looks and feels more like the present to me, except for the cars themselves. rollcage is pretty cool, though i like the no-wheels races best.

A Rollcage for PS2... oh man! I have Rollcage Stage II for the PC and it plays a whole lot better than the PS version. The crisp graphics make a huge difference. :wink:

Stalker: Yuri vs Belmondo... could be interesting! Yuri vs Tsarong? Ohhhh mama! :smile:

Lance: Ever played the Scramble mode in Stage II? It's a whole game in it's own right! A Rubble Soccer! Sheer madness! :smile:

anthony: nope, i've only played the computer demo.

PSN ID
    Curufinwe5503

Scramble mode was great, frustrating fun. Unfortunately I doubt we'll see a Rollcage game on PS2 since the PS versions didn't sell that many copies.

Scramble was easy! Well some of it was.

Just find them shortcuts and you're away... I remember one course that usually lasts about 40 seconds having a short cut allowing you to do it in 7 seconds...

That mode takes some skill mind.

And I think you're right about Rollcage and PS2... but I do hope that ATD do bring out another Rollcage. Maybe a Rollcage vs Wipeout?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Confusion on 2002-03-03 10:55 ]</font>

i only had the first rollcage, which i liked a lot (although i found it a bit too easy to lose control of the car.) i heard rollcage 2 was by a different development team, so that put me off, but it seems to be getting a lot of positive comments.

It's probably on par with the first one. Try and get it for the PC. The crisp graphics really make a difference to play. The twitchy gameplay only makes it better for you as you have to be a better driver. Gosh I miss that Harpoon level...

Electronics Boutique sell Stage II for 10 quid OG boxed copy by the way.

cool! i'll be heading to EB 2moro...

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Hello everybody my name is STINDAH,
    I`ve played ROLLCAGE2 WHICH is a great game because I`m on the master level means the game is fast and furius therefor I could not complete it!, anyway the wipeout is different ball game because its NON-GRAVITY, its fast and furius as well also easier to drive as well BUT including the bumps as well and able to complete it!
    the vote wise well it`s stays the same I`m sorry.
    SH

Rollcage has some elements of AG in it... for instance the Scramble tracks were all in the sky.

Dammit I have to have another game of Stage II now!

Default rollcage?

iv never played rollcage, what is it?

Remember those Tyco R/C's that could flip over and still move? Well it's basically racing with those around circuits with destructable scenary. You could go up walls and even ride upside down on the ceiling. You had speed pads and weapons andit had a neato Deathmatch mode to boot.

Oh and it was just as fast as Wipeout too

sounds nothing like wipeout!
    exept the speed part! :wink:

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Wipeout was what turned me on to Rollcage in the first place. Any racing game where you can shoot apart the opposition kind of appeals. I much preferred Rollcage 2 to the original, though. The radius bomb rocked!

Rollcage and wipeout are not same universe but wipeout and G-police are in the same universe I think

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Sven-RIT

Rollcage indeed is awesome, but it's not the same universe as Wipeout.
    I wouldn't mind having some rollcage players on my team either....