Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: to Jay and George: new times

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I agree with you Lance for the Week-end, it's a great time to relax ourself after a hard week of working, and for the competition, i will enter a new one this week-end in SE TT ( i didn't get any scores in TT except last night i just switch on my ps to make just one race in TT phanthom PK to show QOORA it's possible to enter crap race time and don't care about those ' crappy ' time. As a matter of fact my only one attempt was above 2.00.00 for the race & 21 for a lap, but i put that into the tables, why? just because you don't need to wait entering the tables with an awesome lap or race time. It's very good to show your regular progression ( of course if you have time to play...)
    Tonight i ve invited a friend from Le Havre who is a wiper i met from a french forum, he picks his ps2 up into my flat , playing a little zone mode ( jesus it was so long time i ve been playing Zone) but it was very great to play different versions of Wipeout ( especially zone mode , the unique mode i was focused on Fusion)

Ben - very nice Spils times. I tried that track briefly in the mighty Q and it wasn`t pretty. But I think its definitely the fastest ship for the track as I can hold pitch up for virtually the whole lap without losing speed - something which kills an Auricom. On vector, venom and rapier would you agree that the Q is always the fastest "normal" ship (except possibly on Odessa Slam where it bottoms out too much).

Arnaud - I agree pilots shouldn`t wait to get records before posting their times: there are a lot of pilots out there who are not posting their times - you know who you are :wink: Don`t worry about it - compared to Arnaud we`re all amateurs - who cares? :wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Exactely. As long as we have some competition over table positions it doesn`t matter how GREAT or "disappointing" our initial entry is. As a matter of fact I am far less than satisfied with both my race records at Spilsk. They consist of a number of imperfect laps, with at least one or two mistakes per lap. And they aren`t even my first record times for Spils in the tables. Anyway, I would also like to encourage people to enter whatever times they have. That way competition is getting on the way, improvements will then certainly happen over time.

lunar: Funny you`d say that. I was thinking about another ship might be faster in Spils than the Qirex only last night. Unfortuanately I have no idea!, ;) since I only fly Qirex in 2097. However, I got the idea from thinking that you have to do a lot of uphill/downhill driving at this track, so shouldn`t another craft with better acceleration be better suited for these conditions? Yet, as I said, I do not know how about the other non-Piranha-crafts' behavior. Then again, Qirex is the best for floating over the broken track parts...

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Here's my best times with Feisar, AG's and Auricom for Spil ( btw it's in SR mode, i ve rarely played TT with ships except Piranha & it's really old times when we have been playing i-link with Anthony few years ago. It's a shame ive lost the sheet of paper in which i ve written all the Qirex times... certainly lost it into the hard jungle of French Guyana, : )

Feisar : 2.22.6/.34.0 -- ---------- 2.35.8/.29.0
    Ag's : 2.19.0/.32.5 ------------ 2.21.9/.27.5
    Auricom : 2.17.0/.32.5 ------------ 2.22.3/.26.6

Here's also the best times from Anthony ( he gives me all of his times from all ships)

Feisar : 2.40.8/39.0 ------------ 3.11.7/34.9
    AG's : 2.32.0/35.4 ------------ 2.31.3/28.4
    Auricom : 2.22.0/33.8 ------------ 2.31.5/28.0
    Qirex : 2.17.1/33.4 ------------ 2.34.3/28.2

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

(pulling the thread back on topic with heruclean effort)

So I finally found some time to do a bit of WOXL flying.
    It's been a long time since I had that AG controller in my hands.

So far, I've gone through all the Vector tracks.
    I've managed to reclaim Odessa Keys and Gare D'Europa.
    I don't think I can improve my other Vector times very much. Raced them a bit, could only get near my old time, nowhere near your spectacular times Lance. I even tried plugging in my NeGcon, hoping that it might help some. As usual, I found it too uncomfortable to use for an extended period. Since I can't use it very long, I can't "get used to it", and it doesn't help me any. Why can't the make that controller in a shape that can be held by human hands?!? OMG, I just realized where the designers of the NeGcon went... They must have made the original XBox controllers!

So I continue flying in my tried-and-true method: D-Pad, internal view, Qirex all the way.

I imagine if I just put enough time into it, I could probably equal or better your times, just through incremental improvements on my flying line. Sadly, I don't have that kind of time these days. I still haven't even finished unlocking everything in SE! *sigh*

Well, my thumbs hurt a bit now (soooo out of practice), so I'll go back to reading my Belisarius (I've decided to rate it 3rd best sci-fi series ever).

Later!
    J (Task)

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYY
    competition in XL again!

''I imagine if I just put enough time into it, I could probably equal or better your times,''

'Quickly. Doctor. He's become delusional!'

it's good to see you flying again; it's been too long.

i find the neG to be fairly comfortable, but you don't seem to be alone in finding it oddly shaped and requiring acclimatisation.

oddly enough, i like the big x-box controllers even though my hands are skinny; they seem to fit better than the smaller version.

i haven't been reading sci-fi for so long now that i don't even know who writes the Belisarius series or what it's about

edit: i took Odessa Keys TT back. stay tuned
    and Single Race racetime
    and Single Race laptime

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Since I was playing 2097 TT Phenitia Park, I thought it best to put this in here. It's nothing big, but I just stumbled over another bug, this time in WO2 (what is it I'm doing wrong anyway?! ;) ). I flew against the ghost of my previous race when after only 3/4 of a lap and no crashing into a wall I got the "shield energy low" warning. OK, I thought, whatever, I can do 4 laps without crashing too much. Only when I passed my ghost half a lap later I saw it got stuck IN the bottom of the track, floundering like the fhish in the net. Probably because it was still executing the commands from my last race. Why this caused my shields to lower I have no idea, but it was fun to watch. ;)

Ben

Ben, we should make you the leader of our Bug Discovery Team!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Lol! Good idea, except for one thing: I know now why people are taking money for that kind of work. ;-)

oh, yes! i just spent several hours over the last couple of days in debugging someone's computer. i accepted his cash, yes. not much, cos he's the brother of a friend. but yeah

btw, do try not to ever get the NGVCK or elkern virus. very nasty. requires reformat and reinstall of everything, with continuous active virus check after OS re-install is complete and you're putting their old proggies back in. i thought i was going to be able to save all their datafiles, though not the exes, but no. i removed all the spyware [more than 700 items!] and removed all the infected exes with a virus detecter/remover. the computer seemed completely clean, but after a few hours, the virus suddenly showed up again about a half-hour before the owner was about to pick up his computer. grr.
    reformat. do not hesitate. reformat.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Lance, you need a recovery disk.
    Remember that "OS onna floppy disk" I was talking about?
    The whole point of it is to boot the OS on the floppy so you can virus scan the HDDs without touching the boot sector of the HDD.
    A highly serious virus scan like that should take care of all traces of any virus, removing any requirement to reformat.
    These days, I don't even touch whatever anti-virus software is on a computer, I just throw in the recovery disk and let it do its thing. Saves a lot of time in the long run.

Jay, his system OS is Win XP, which i do not have. i don't know how to make an ''OS onna floppy disk'' such as you spoke of. his system was already infected, so even if i knew how, anything that his system produced would be suspect. even so, i virus-scanned the hard drive and all other drives, and removed every infected file found, so the computer seemed to be completely virus free, and yet was not. the virus-detector/destroyer software was not already on the computer, but was newly installed by me just for the occasion. of course, it also had an infected file or two by the time its scan was complete.

so how do i make one of those osonnafloppy discs anyhoo? so far, i've not had a virus on my comp in four and three/quarter years, but it could happen i suppose. it helps that i am the only user of the computer. my friend's brother has a wife and two kids using his. hence the virus and the multiplemultiple spyware

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Today I finally found the time to take a break from zargz' Stick2Trax Goteki Challenge, and since Lance mentioned Phenitia Park a few weeks ago, this is where I went. I have no idea where it came from, but I set new records for Venom Time Trial : 2:05.2 race and a 0:40.0 lap record.
    I got to say, I am starting to enjoy the slower classes more than I thought I would, mostly thanks to Stick2Trax, which ALSO made me appreciate WO3(SE) much more than I thought I ever would. ;-) It really is another kind of driving. At Vector and Venom I am far more consious about my line than I have ever been when flying Phantom or Rapier. The latter are more about reflexes. Or they are for me. Maybe I could be faster if I'd care a bit more about my line there as well. ;)

Ben

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl
    I set new records for Venom Time Trial : 2:05.2 race and a 0:40.0 lap record.
    Ben
    Top 3 with your such-loved-bullet-brick : that's an awesome comeback to top positions .
    In name of Qirex's honour!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I do my best. "Remember Qirex!" :-) though competition at Talon's Reach has gotten much stronger. I don't know how for how long I can keep it up with the top nine Piranha pilots. :)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Yeah. I agree. in a close future the ticket to enter top 10 in TT will be at 1.30.0 : bloody weather for Qirex pilots .

wahoo! good times, Ben. i think my old racetime is 2:06something on PP XL Venom TT. i guess i'll have to quit playing with computers and do some racing

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Moved up the Qirex another position in both Rapier lap and race time tables. ;) I believe though a top 3 position is definitely impossible to achieve here. :) Will move to Sagarmartha next. I just realized I never achieved any satisfying records there...