Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Presentation

This is the kind of thing (asayyeah´s technique) i was refferring when i suggested the guides for the games, great stuff indeed. this moves me more towards buying a psx again as the emulator i prefer doesnt support negcons yet.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by TYSON
    Hi Stin,
    What are you thinking about? getting a negcon as well? Sorry i didn't get what you were saying.

:wink:
    Yes I was thinking getting a necgon for me and I was slightly tipsy last night! ops:

stin

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Spunky
    Ah
    1) That method is only usable in Phantom using the Piranha craft?

2) You didn't/can't use it in the other classes?

Spunky
    Hi Spunky

1) only with pirahna.

2) I didn't use it in vector and venom because i didn't play those class anymore
    From my memory in rapier class it's not possible (or i can't do that ) the speed limit is 394kph ( if i didn't make a mistake) but i remember that my friend Sleeh-003 find a kind of technique to acheive 425 kph his result : 16.5 for a lap and 1.09.2 in rapier's mode!!) Me 17.5 and 1.13.5.
    To conclude i think it's possible.

How did he do that? what was the technique

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Default Re: auricom times

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOLANDER
    Assayeah, what is the button layout on the negcon.
    Thrust : I
    Fire : II
    Change view : B
    Discard weapon : A

I check your times on XL in SG and TT, they are not little times :wink:
    But you did put only 3 or 4 lap time, could you update them.
    I also saw you were under 1.20 on Talon's you currently improve your times: great.
    Good emulation for everybody

Thems not bad times at all.
    Just getting under 1.20.00 on Talons Phantom is somewhat difficult.
    I haven't played TT for a little while, might have to give it a whirl again to best my times again.

Wouldn't mind knowing that technique that your mate used if any.
    It might have just been a bloody tight race..

Spunky

asayyeah, I've seen that your records turned from Auricom to Piranha!

you put auricom by fault the 1st time? the times I was sceptic about were those with auricom... with piranha it can be possible...

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari

you put auricom by fault the 1st time? the times I was sceptic about were those with auricom... with piranha it can be possible...

I was sceptic but not now!! cos what I have seen it!!

Remember he has been working for a while..............and you know the rest is history.

stin

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari

Yes for the weekend i try to update my auricom times ( which are true times), i ve explained on a recent post why i post my auricom times, so only read me.

At this time i am on venom sagarmatha with pirahna, try to beat the excellent time of clint Johnston :1.23.8

Quote Originally Posted by Stindah
    Me i always be sceptic about the number of beer you drank tonight Stin

Well it was a excellent time until u beat it asayyeah.
    How difficult was it to beat it?
    Just wondering if it is possible to better your times.

Spunky

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I stop for tonight ( 5 hours playing)
    Many times from vector to venom i 'll have big difficulties.
    So i think you are Clint.
    Well i spent 1 hour on your dawn 1.23 on sagar , and also 45 min on valparaiso to beat your vector time ( in this one i 've done 40.3 on the first lap! : don't know how?, before my PB was 40.6 on lap 2)
    You prove that you work hard on vector and venom, congrats.

Otherwise, to beat my vector and venom times you mustn't touch any craft, avoid all missiles and rockets, i think it's really possible but the average will be thin. ( i don't really sure about the translation of my last sentence...)

For the rapier and phantom, everything is possible, i was really surprised by one of race tonight, Sagar phantom: i made 16.2 ( + 2 other 16 and +2 17 sec).It's possible to compare with talon's reach time!!

Well, it's time to bed now, see you tomorrow, maybe

Wow,
    This has turned pretty exciting, maybe i can get back into my fav game after all. I'd like to know more about this technique.

What angle should I use on a Negcon?

When I go over a blue pad... do I press the left then right (or opposite) airbrake really quickly? I'm not sure how to get that extra 20Km, should I be directly over the pad when i do the tap tap on the brakes?

Thanks in advance, I just want to beat that damned clock and get under 16!!! I'd love that! Don't think i have the skill for a decent challenge to these other top guns though, so sorry bout that dudes.

I love the battle on those speeds.
    You know when you are hooning along you get the 'MISSLE', and cause you aren't flying faster than the 'MISSLE' it slowly catches you then just as you are about to pass a turbo it goes WAM making you miss the turbo then more then likely hit the wall.
    Another thing I 'LOVE' is when your flying along and passing people left, right and centre
    and you get the 'MISSLE, MISSLE, MISSLE' and in Vemon your going just fast enough(sometimes) to keep in front of them as long as you don't stuff up.

I just love the totally uncertainly about that.
    Blood racing, sweaty palms all that.
    Combines to make WIPEOUT 2097.

Spunky

Hi Spunky,
    I've always found it funny when i try to stay calm when i'm going for a 5th lap etc. You just can't help but let the panic set in! lol

Yep, your right the sweaty palms, high heart rate, it's no wonder Assayeah has played the game 8 years! he he, to this day I havn't played anything that gave me as good a rush & satisfaction when I complete something (like a race). Probably the funiest thing about this is the fact that most of the races barely last 2 minutes! he he

I saw a negcon in EB recently, might go see if it's still there.

Keep up the good work guys

EDIT UPDATE:

OOOH god I did it!!! ha ha, a 15.9 with a D PAD! yeah ha. Thanks Assayeah! I've been taping that airbrake as i go over the pads, i've seen speeds higher than ever like 441 or somethin.

Using the Dpad though I still had to use the shortcut to get the time. Are you sure about excluding the cut off?

Now i need to get rid of that lame 1:23...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

A very interesting topic...
    It sounds like this "technique" to achieve faster speeds on WOXL can be simplified to "travel over the boost pads diagonally, from one corner to the next, the airbrake might be the best way to do this."
    This only makes sense to me.
    Boost pads are rectangular. Usually you travel over them in the short dimension, thereby spending the _minimum_ time on the boost pad. What you seem to be trying to do is cross over them diagonally, thereby spending the _maxium_ time on the boost pad.
    This would account for being able to achieve higher speeds, since you're getting more speed out of the boost pad simply by spending more time on it, making it bigger almost.
    Theoretically, if you could fly over a boost pad from one corner to the next in a straight line, you'd get the best speed increase. Of course, it would also likely mean that you hit a wall. Which is why the airbrake is the way to do it, sliding over the boost pad without changing your heading/facing.

People who have managed to find a speed boost this way: Is my synopsis correct?

Hi Task,
    I think basically that's it, but I'm no expert at this, you'd have to ask Assayeah. I'm not sure if just doing the diagonal is enough, it seems that the airbrake forces the increase?

Ask the pro's. (not me! lol)

here are my Talons reach D pad times for everyone. (time trial)

Vector lap 30.6 race 1:01.4 (cheated)
    Venom lap 26.0 race 1:18.7 (cheated)
    Rapier lap 17.9 race 1:14.0
    Phantom lap 15.9 race 1:23.2

I don't know how to put them up. Sorry about the post guys.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by Old asayyeah

Quote Originally Posted by Stindah
    Me i always be sceptic about the number of beer you drank tonight Stin
    LOL! I must have drank at least twenty bottles of beers under three hours!!

stin

Remember he has been working for a while..............and you know the rest is history.
    stin
    the fact that asayyeah has been playing for 8 years means nothing because even if I've played for less than half time he did I can perfectly understand what are the limits of the game...
    If he had played the game for 20 years and he would tell you "My fastest lap on Talon's is 10 seconds with feisar" would you believe him?

I WON'T believe those times with an auricom until I see videos of that...
    With Piranha is fine, but with auricom I oughta see them...

His times are achieveable, no doubt, with the auricom. Just to let everyone know. This technique is extremely hard to do perfectly with having to have the pitch exactly right all the time. This is not a one week figuring out period. Months of practice is what it will take to do it pefectly, and one track at a time

Using the Dpad though I still had to use the shortcut to get the time. Are you sure about excluding the cut off?
    Whats this shortcut that you are talking about?

By the way asayyeah I've taken back Vemon and Vector SR times.

Like I said 'Tough but not unbreakable'

Spunky