Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I am impressed with fusion...wipeout 3 sux!

hmm, thats wierd that you dont like the music in 3 or fusion... it all sticks to the same genre, although i do definitely think that XL has the best soundtrack.

I Have to explain something Science.
    Music in first W'O was really great, although there weren't many tunes acctually bought from artists like Chemical Brothers, or Leftfield.
    It was kinda techno-breakbeat style. In XL most of the tracks were licensed, and it kicked ass! I consider this selection of tunes as the best one in history of Wipeout. W3O and DJ Sasha.....too much trancy, wussy, wierd, wannabe-futuristic. Only few tracks had paid my attention - Proppelerheads, Chem. Bros. In my opinion it should be something hard, like Loops Of Fury, The Third Sequence, Chemical Beats. It would give a rush. And this is my point - music should intensify the gameplay (I still remember that fall-down track part on Altima along with Chemical Beats bursting my ears out).

The only song in the WO series that i ever considered to be remotely "hard" was FSOL's "We have explosive", and that's just because they used a sort of acid-type sound.

All I can say is I am a HUGE Wipeout fan. It was my first PS game and I still love everything about it.

I like all the Wipeouts from Wipeout,WIpeoutXL,Wipeout64,Wipeout3 but on Wipeout Fusion, they raped the game of its controls. It felt like they dumbed it down for the tards that like the Fzero style games. In the previous games using the up and down nose pitch would be a huge part of the control you had on the ship but in Fusion even if you tried to raise the nose of the craft to hover longer or drop faster , it wouldn't matter , there was like set gravity. Which in some ways it might seem like a small issue but in another hand , its the controls that set this game apart, having to master the controls to get precise timings on each course unlike Fzero that you can bounce off all the ways and still maintain a high sense of speed. Fusion is for the birds IMO, I can't stand how they robbed the controls. I just bought the Old XL PC version and I got that excitment back now, I just have to get a controller to work with it and I am set. Had to underclock my Video Card from 340/740 to 75/100 . My second machine I dropped it from a 3.6ghz to a 1.5ghz with a underclocked 9700pro and still was way too fast.

Long live the original Wipeouts when the controls were still dialed in.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I think no WipEout-game is really bad!
    Yes, some are better and some not of course. But I think, every WipEout-fan should have his own opinion and maybe his own favorite, too. So if someone says, WipEout Fusion is bad, he has a reason for saying and if someone says, Wip3out is bad, he has a reason for thinking too.... Nothing is perfect!

And: there will be a new WipEout - and maybe it will be better than all the others!

Sausehuhn

God I HOPE SO!!
    (Bring my AG SYSTEMS back!!!!! : )