Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Presentation

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Default Presentation

Hi to all

I'd like to introduce myself: My real nickname is asayyeah... but i can't log in in the forum section so i choose this one ( old asayyeah) to do it.

First of all i would greet all the old players i met few times ago on this site, on the fusion forum. I hooked on zone mode for those who know me but my first wipeout was the 2097 pal version in 1996.

I've played many years with a friend called sleh-003 with i-link cable. We've bought 2 Neg-con ( btw ,now it's my fourth neg-con since 1996 ! )

Dear Al, when you 've written me 2 years ago for asking me a videotape for my 14.8, i didn't take you seriously so that i didn't't answer you. But now it's different there's a new time table league for the 2097 Pal and i should prouve my times. No worry I don't have a videorecorder but i have many pictures and videofolders showing sleh-003 and me in many i-links races with many good times.
    Btw Al , i never use a D-pad for my records only a Neg-con but on the left side of the Neg-con, there's a controller pad which is useful for controlling the up and down ; probably you make a misunderstandig about that,... Apologize to me for my bad english.

Concerning the way to increase speed with the piranha in phanthom mode :
    The maximum speed of Piranha without hitting boost is 344 Kph , the maximum is 492 Kph if you go faster (after a jump for instance) you go down immediately at 392Kph.
    By hitting boost you often cross the 400 kph line everybody knows or do that. My technique is new if you quickly alternate right and left with airbrakes in an harmonious way, you increase your speed each kph by each kph moreover if you do this when you cross a boost you increase your speed 20kph to 25kph more.
    That's the reason why you can make time such that
    Ex : Talon's reach with the piranha to achieve 15.0 sec for a lap the minimum speed during the lap is 440 kph even in the tunnel section..

Sorry for those precisions but i think it's useful for everybody who didn't really know me.

What else to say?
    At this time i didn't own any console only my pc but times to times i borrow a friend 's psx and have adrenaline rush on it.
    I 've many health problems so that i didn't work , i didn't post very much but when i feel better i kick my 'english ass' and i write again, often in the french forum and barely on the wipeoutfusion board (the official site for W.F.ps2) but i was forgotten this W3out fan site with his legend Al Sartwell/Zoolander. I'm not a W3out fan, i've finished it but the reaction of handling was quite different from the smooth handling of the 2097.
    The special edition was sold everywhere in europe except in France ( The French Exception!) so i didn't have it.
    Recently Al send me an e-mail wonderind my records on the 2097 pal . Yesterday i answer him with times and 3 pictures i took by my webcam on Talon's reach with my piranha ; 2 pictures with a race time of 1.25.2 not very impressive but there's a 14.7 lap !The last one i hit the last corner of my 5th lap i take a shoot just after i hit the wall and you can see lap 1 : 16.9 lap 2: : 15.0 lap 3 : 15.0 lap 4 : 15.0 ( i 've craked under the pressure at lap 5...)
    I also thought to check this forum and i saw people talking a few about me ( De Niro' way: Are you talking to me : ).
    Respect Lunar to take my defense. I'm not surprised : on the wipeoutfusion board you was respected by everyone. Thx sir :wink:

I update my times on the 2097 European version league . I took my piranha's times for the time trial but for the single race if you mean with all opponents + weapons on, i took the auricom's times
    I've really worked on rapier and phanthom mode.

I'm open for all comments.
    Greetings.
    Asayyeah...

Default times

thanks for sending those pictures. Quick question, do you cut off part of the turn on the first downhill. And how quickly between each tappiing each airbrake. Did you get all your records on playstation or the pc. I would assume playstation because of the negcon but there could be an adaptor for the pc.

What an interesting way of getting good times.
    Would you be listing your times that you acheived like that in the tables or would you list any normal times.
    In my mind thats not quite honest flying, but then again if you find a glitch like that people are going to use it.
    Found one like that in FF7, where you could have unlimited items.

Spunky

this technique is wipeout xl's turbo scrape. There must be a reason it's faster. I'm going to try this tonight on xl and 2097

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Default Re: times

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOLANDER
    Quick question, do you cut off part of the turn on the first downhill. And how quickly between each tappiing each airbrake. Did you get all your records on playstation or the pc. I would assume playstation because of the negcon but there could be an adaptor for the pc.
    With the pirahna on talon's reach i didn't cut off part of the turn on the first downhill. It's possible but you lose time if you want to cut you need to ' up' your craft and you lose speed doing this.
    Less than 1 sec between each airbrake.
    I've got all my records on ps, i didn't have the pc version, i search it
    2 years ago, i saw in a japanese site a 'Neg-con- like' for pc: wireless and black, she's was wonderful.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Spunky
    What an interesting way of getting good times.
    Would you be listing your times that you acheived like that in the tables or would you list any normal times.
    Spunky
    Sorry but i don't really understand you request.
    If you mean that this technique is a cheat or smthing like that (like unlimited items in FF7) i answer no.

As a matter of fact How i find this technique only useful for the pirahna? It's simple, it's probably due to the calibration of my Neg-Con, when Al told me that he sets 47 for his radius turn, i was surprised a lot; mine : 5/0/6 ( radius maxi 5; center=0; up 0 or 6 maxi), smtimes i set 0/0/0 and it works well because with those type of set, the direction will be controlled by hitting the airbrakes, i find this more precise to control the shift, so i discover when you sometimes cross a the side of a boost and you have hit the airbrake you increase your speed 20kph more. That's all and i know it's not a cheat technique and it's not a bug too, since 1996 i discover lots of things about this game.

Sorry spunky but smtimes you think it's unpossible to reach or beat smthg but truly it's possible.
    Just an ex for Wipeout fusion, the designer republic had limited the score of the zone mode to 4 billions points on each the 10 area, they were thinking that nobody can cross this line. They made a mistake, many players cross this line.

hello, Assayeh, welcome to the WipeoutZone.
    that's an interesting technique. too bad i don't have a NeGcon. oh, well. that's okay.

just to set the record straight:
    by ''designer republic'', you mean Sony Studio Liverpool. the Designer's Republic did not work on Wipeout Fusion, and is only a designer of auxiliary graphics for those games they did work on. all the basic game design and mechanics of the Wipeout games have been done by Studio Liverpool or Studio Leeds [for WO3 only], which i heard does not exist anymore

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

[quote="Lance"].
    hello, Assayeh, welcome to the WipeoutZone.

Hi Lance. Apologize to me for my mistake i mean studio liverpool.
    Concerning the controller: there's nobody in Florida who can give his own Neg-Con to Lance for a test ?

I'm sure you will increase your adrenaline level :wink:

no problem. i'm just a p3rfectionist about some things.

--------

i don't think there's even one other active wipeoutzone member in the whole state of Florida, much less in the town where i live. and besides, i liKe the d-pad!

i don't think my ancient body can stand too much adrenaline. i probably ought to be cultivating the laid-back relaxed smooth and easy zen approach to race driving.

So you steer not with the twist but with the airbrakes instead.
    Having the steering set to almost nothing wouldn't that net you the same result?
    Or as I've found out make it uncontrollable.
    But it's still an interesting way to get times.

Do you do this only for turns and the odd turbo pad?
    Damn you!! You stole my spots in the tables!! Damn you!!

The above is meant in good fun.
    I knew that they would fall.
    Spunky

I tried this "tap the air brakes" thing... it gives some sort of boost but it's faaaaar from giving the possibility to achieve such times with an auricom... that's just ridicolous...

it doesn't take a genius to do some photos and retouch them... also I don't see why this guy didn't put his real name and surname like everybody else did...

sorry but I stick with the guy that wanted a video proof of that...

and to me that things stays half between cheating and a game bug...
    not my cup of tea for sure...

ps meanwhile I submitted a couple of new records with my trusty AG Systems

yes thats an interesting method of steering for sure. it sounds like old asayyeah really knows where to start the turns to achieve the tightest lines.

i know for a fact that in formula one racing, it is best pratice to reach your optimum racing lock for each corner as quickly as possible. obviously, with tyres being friction dependant and formula one being raced within real world physics, there needs to be some degree of smoothness in the steering. however, wipeout is a game based around fictional physics and i have no doubt that an instant-full-lock steering method would give an experienced pilot a speed advantage.

i personally find that, as my times get better, my racing style begins to be made up more and more of consecutive straight lines; especially, i remember, on talons reach; at least for the corners that i dont need to steer for a longish period of time on. therefore, to me, instant-full-lock (neGcon on most sensitive setting) sounds like a highly feasible rcing method.

i do agree that screenshots can be doctored, i know i could doctor mine in a few minutes in photoshop. if the pilot under scrutiny wishes to show videos, then let them. however, mistrusting someones results without seeing HARD HARD evidence seems to place the pilot under somewhat of a trial situation. mistrust also throws the honour system into question as it takes both parties to be honest and trusting with eachother to work.

if the pilot has given away what seem to be very rarely known techniques at the risk of losing their place in the rankings once others have practised said techniques towards the level of skill of the originator, then i guess they may have nothing to hide.

mind you, they could be bluffing. (sorry, this thread is too fun to conclude to definitely :wink: )

¥

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

So you steer not with the twist but with the airbrakes instead.

Spunky
    I continue to steer with the twist because you are obliged but just a few. By hitting the airbrakes it gives me stability.
    I do this especially to gain speed with the turbo pads in the phantom mode only with pirahna.

Damn you!! You stole my spots in the tables!! Damn you!!
    I've already heard that from an australian player ( haven't i oggob?) for the fusion zone mode!!

for YUUSEN

it's a sword with 2 blade...

sharper the corner=the greater the velocity loss
    when I do a NARROW curve I see my thrust going down a lot

longer corner=smaller loss of speed

but sharper turns last less than long curves so the biggest velocity loss is "multiplied" for a shorter period... for me the optimum is somewhere in between...
    autopilot often chooses the longest trajectory possible... but maybe it's not the best thing to do...

said this, I never used a neGcon and it probably allows to do sharp turns without using air brakes that are the main cause of speed loss...

about trusting asayyeah, science fiction is hard to trust...
    those times with an auricom are far better than a very good perfect lap... really too much I'd say... Also considering that you have to care to this tapping thing in addition to your ship, opponents, the track, "missile, missile!" "mines!" "your energy's low" etc etc

Also, I find it suspicious, if not pretentious, that he din't use his real name when everybody of us common mortal did...

Anyway, such outstanding records would need some indeniable proof...
    Can't wait to see a tape of that tecnique used at its best, so that we all can learn...

thanks shinji, i enjoyed that response.

¥

Quote Originally Posted by yuuusen

thanks shinji, i enjoyed that response.

¥
    you're welocme...

also, the way AG Ship work makes difficult to try and calculate thrust and stuff...

their acceleration is difficult to predict since they have no gears like cars and stuff...

for the same reason it's hard to tell how much the tapping technique can influence speed...

and having 440kmh as minimum speed on the track... well I REALLY have to see that with my very own eyes to believe it... I'm not a great pilot since I can't even drive a piranha properly, but for sure I'm expert enough to understand others ship limits and that it's frankly beyond possible as far as I know...

I'll be glad to see video tapes of that... and I don't see why assyyeah shouldn't give us more prooves since he seems to be so in love with being the best AG pilot on earth...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari
    I tried this "tap the air brakes" thing... it gives some sort of boost but it's faaaaar from giving the possibility to achieve such times with an auricom... that's just ridicolous...
    I think you didn't understand what i wrote so i repeat again: this technique works with the pirahna at the phantom mode.

For the other things you say i don't really care. If you believe in me or not, i've spent about 8 years playing that game and it's not the first time smo tells me it's not possible to achieve those times blablabla you are a cheater blablabla and i'am sure it won't be finish in the future. But really it takes a great pleasure to me just only playing, what the others can think about me.... :roll:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by yuuusen

yes thats an interesting method of steering for sure. ¥
    Thanks for that technical approach yuuusen, thanks also for not judging me. You see sharing advices , way of steering etc... it's not strange for me, if you have an information you should share it. For instance in the Uk forum from fusion : Lunar, Hellfire, me or Oggob help others people to reach highest zone. It's our way of thinking.

For the top ranking i'm not scared, if smo does better than me i will congratulate him.

For the video, i've got 1,3Go of my last night i spent with a friend playing 2097 with i-link, so for the proof there is. I use my webcam to film sequences, it's not particulary clear but you can see the speed, the times, and my technique.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Default Re: Presentation

Interesting thing is .................have you got it yet? (It is PAL mind and you can get it through Ebay or I can get it for you(if you want))

I can assure you, you will love it!!

stin

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji Ikari
    he seems to be so in love with being the best AG pilot on earth...
    Really i don't care to be the one, i prefer to be one of the ...( understood the difference), i think you are a little bit rude with me, you don't know me as well.
    i don't want you know my real name and adress, Al sartwell knows my adress and real name. That's enough, i can put my trust in him he is a wellknown recordman, you ? i don't know you.