Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Digital or analogue?

another strange thing about the negcon is that only one of the shoulder buttons is analog. The left one is analog, but the right one is just a regular digital button with a really long deadspot. Keep that in mind if you like wierd setups.

edit: I worded my original post funny...fixed it i think.[/i]

?!!!
    i'll keep that in mind for regular setups!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Erm...what the heck were they thinking when making the right should button digital?! Though I have to say I never experienced problems with the long deadspot you mentioned. Both shoulder buttons for fine and the same for quick brake taps. Then again, I don't play other racing games than WO on my PSone at the moment...

PSN ID
    elementfortytwo

Hmmm :-? I know this is the 3se board but i use R for acceleration in fusion and i thought it didn't feel very analogue... are either of I and II digital in the same way too?

the left shoulder button kicks in at a little more than halfway down if youre using it for an airbrake, so theres probably about a hundredth of a second of difference when pressing it down compared to the right one. why they didnt make the right one analog is beyond me. maybe the wiring will only support 4 analog signals, maybe they couldnt figure out how to fit another analog button in there (unlikely, ive had them open and i dont remember a lack of space on the right side). Maybe they didn't want to lay down the extra money for another analog dial. That little cost margain may be the answer