Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digital or analogue?

absolutely. thankyou foxdragon.

Q1. whats everyones opinion on the use of the analogue buttons (I & II) on the neGcon while playing wipeout? help? hinderance? which wo games do they seem to work for?
    Q2. does anyone know why on all neGcon boxes (that i've seen in the uk), the shoulder buttons appear roundedin the picture on the front, yet the actual buttons on the neGcon arent?

¥

Quote Originally Posted by piranha wiper
    G'kyl, is an airpad a controller that you have to move from side to side to make it steer?
    Not exactly side-to-side, but in all directions, it replaces the Left Analogue.

forum etiquette is always a valid topic no matter what thread it occurs in.

ordinarily i send private messages first, but repeated public offenses against forum etiquette require public mention so that no one can get the idea that such offenses are not noticed and corrected.

an insult, whether intended or not, iS a big deal to the person insulted and to anyone who cares about civility.

yuusen is correct that the phrase ''It was only a joke.'' is frequently used by English-speaking people to weasel out of a situation in which they have been called on an offensive behaviour. it's likely that similar phrases in other languages are used in the same situation. whenever we see that phrase, the red flags go up, since the phrase is neither a proper explanation for what happened nor is it an apology.

PW's apology was owed to yuusen, not to me, even though it appeared in context to be to me.

speaking of which, yuusen probably owes an apology to piranha wiper because his comment about PW's language skills, no matter how true it may be and no matter for what reason it may be true and even though it was understated, still seemed to be a retaliatory insult and was also not acceptable.

i dislike using my time in posts like this because we should be civilised enough that such posts shouldn't be necessary. but in order to keep this forum the great place that it has been, i will do what's necessary. any member who is repeatedly uncivilised after having been warned about it will be gone.

after what seems to be a sufficient time for all concerned parties and even uninvolved readers to have read this sequence of posts, i intend to remove all the non-topical posts from the sequence so that later members can read the information that should have been the only thing here in the first place. off-topic is often acceptable, but this sort of verbal jabbing and counter-punching is not.

infoxicated, do you have anything to add to or subtract from what i said?

as for the rest of us, we can make our apologies or threats in whatever style we choose in private. private communication, private rules. but in the public forum, it's for all of us and goes by public rules.

Digital all the way. D-pad for WipEout, Oddworld and Spyro, thumbsticks for everything else.

Does the neg-con work with any game or only with selected titles?

it works only with games that are written to support it. i have 7games that do that; all of them are racing games. though that may be just because of my particular selection ot titles

Do you find it gives you an advantage when playing WipEouts as opposed to using the Dual Shock?

I just bought an Airpad off Amazon, woo!

allthough ive never tried anything other than a dual shock controller, but from reading description of the airpad i suppose it gives u a direct feel of being inside a wipeout craft with somesort of steering wheel.

Anna, yes, i find the neg to be very superior to both Dual-Shock analogue sticks and D-pad control

i think i may have to buy one of those negcons and se how good it is compared to anologue and digital, is ment to be really hard to use first isnt it?

i found it very easy to get used to. feels natural to me. after having it for about one day, i'd broken 18 of my old personal bests

realy? its makes that much of an improvement compared to digi and ano, i must definatley get one got any websites that accept visa electrons?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Don't know about Visa Electron, but this place supplies them in the UK:

http://www.chipsworld.co.uk/detProd....oductCode=2989

cheers infox great price as well, ill keep this web site

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Yes, but now Chipsworld's neGcon status says "sold out"

oh crap, i want one now from wat all you people have said about it, doeasnt look to apealing bt thats not what its about, its about how it works

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Yep, Namco really made the ultimate race craft controller. The neGcon does indeed feel "natural" for steering.

And on analogue sticks: I played some Quantum Redshift today, which again confirmed my inability to use the one of these joypad sticks to any god end. I simply can't turn the craft while having to maintain controll over the pointing of the nose. Not in any game I ever played. It's these games were I actually prefer the D-Pad (, since there is nothing like the neGcon for the XBox).

Boosh! I reckon I'll buy a negcon then.

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: It's a damned shame that Namco didn't market the Negcon better than they did. Every person that I know that has laid their hands on one has loved them. If more people had have tried them, they would have caught on and spread like wildfire, and every racing game would offer support for them. Plus we'd probably see a negcon 2.0 on its way for PS2, maybe even for other platforms.
    ::wonders if Namco devs ever venture this way::
    give it another shot!

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

i have 1 & gave it a try couple of times .. sitll dont like it. it's too ..
    clumsy, the analog ( X & Sqare) buttons really suck & it should've had 4shoulder buttons :-?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I agree. Why they didn't give it two more shoulder buttons is beyond me. A lot of games need these, with many racing games among those. I never tried the analogy ;) of the X and square buttons (would in fict prefer to have digital ones for WO), but the twist is just so perfect I don't wanna use another controller again. Even though I may have to. :(