Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Awesome 2097 times

Default New Awesome 2097 times

Muhaa,

Have a look at the times I've posted!!

Muhaa

Spunky

...sounds like a challenge, sortof. The Arena, maybe?

Have you looked at the times :
    I doubt anyone could get close to 16.8 T.T for Talons reach or beat for that fact.

What did you have in mind?

Spunky

i have no such doubts. those times were already beaten long ago.
    http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/6913/tal_btt.html

admittedly, those old times were done on NTSC, but it shows that your posted PAL times are by no means as invulnerable as all that

Yes I noticed that but thats on XL not on 2097.
    In case you didn't notice that you have the 2 seperate on the records on this website.
    So unless you plan to merge them then I still rule 2097.

Spunky

the point is that those times are probably at least 3 years old, and that no serious competition has been done in XL/2097 since then. now that we have records here on WZ, all old times for both NTSC and PAL are likely to fall

Oh well,

I'll just have to wait until someone does beat them.
    But that I would like to see.
    I got that with 5 perfect laps hitting every speed pad and not using the airbrakes once, and not hitting the floor once.
    I think that they would be a little bit of differnce between the 2 types PAL(NTSC).
    I wonder???

Spunky

probably not very much. Al Sartwell [ZOOLANDER] is the one who has done most research on the subject. differences vary considerably between the two versions, but depend on the individual track; there is no constant variance throughout all tracks. the difference can be almost zero, but on another track may be quite noticeable

Spunky, if theres one way to lose friends around here quick, it's by being cocky.
    If there's another way to lose friends here, it's by being rude. You are being both right now.
    Don't be cocky, and don't be rude.
    Perfect laps are a dime a dozen around here, and if youre not hitting the airbrakes then you're either racing at too slow of a class or you don't know what you're doing. That sort of hubris will leave you feeling very embarassed later on. There are some very good pilots around here, as you will find out if you stick around long enough.

Lol,
    I wouldn't brag with grand masters like Al Sartwell around! He'll probably play this track for 5 minutes a wipe everyone away!

16.0 is my best time, 1:23.2 race time (phantom). I intend to beat that, I i expect to see Al kick me! he he

Good luck everyone

:

Quote Originally Posted by TYSON
    16.0 is my best time
    Australia is PAL, right?

PSN ID
    infoxicated

If there's something I've learned about Australians over the last few years, it's that they always spout this kind of **** and they always come across as arrogant and cocky.

I lived with two Aussies for a year and a half who done exactly that, and I had to accept that at the end of the day it's just in their nature. I believe there's psychological reasons of some sort - something to do with being at the arse end of the world and their country having a pretty grim history, so they have something to prove to the rest of the world. Either way, I found it's best to ignore the front they put on.

True, they're not all like that, but if we just ignore the ones who are it makes it less of a surprize when you come across an aussie who isn't an arrogant prick. :roll:

Well well well...
    I guess posting something when your going after over 20 hours I guess that it would come across a little Rude and Cocky. For that I'm sorry.
    Its a good way to get some posts going though.

Just a small Question then?
    Are we using the Time site that you showed me infox (Wipeout XL) for times?

If so would it be possible to get those times transfered across because last time I checked we couldn't update to that site.

Perfect laps are a dime a dozen around here, and if youre not hitting the airbrakes then you're either racing at too slow of a class or you don't know what you're doing
    I've been playing Wipeout since it came out and this particular course was at Phantom cruising on about 415 - 430 klicks using Piranha.
    Though if we intend to use the other site which is posted above by infox then my time for that will have to improve.

But all that aside, I believe that I've come up with a challenge.
    Lets fill up the empty 2097 not XL times chart!!

Spunky

Clint, you were not shown that site by infox, but by me. that site is unrelated to WipeoutZone and has not been updated for years. nor is it likely that any of the pilots who posted those times are currently members of WZ. the times will not be transferred to WZ. i only directed your attention to it to show you that times similar to or possibly even better than those you posted had already been achieved years ago. i thought it would give you a more accurate frame of reference for your times

As I found out today.
    I achieved my top score on my second lap.
    So I will take back what I said about it being difficult to beat which I now believe the below 16's is very possible as long as you do it right.
    Couldn't beat it though trying to hard and after 3 hours sleep it is understandable.

Spunky

So bout that Lance I got mixed up!

Spunky

another thing that caused me to doubt the difficulty of approaching those times was my own limited experience of the XL version of the game. i've only done one time trial in it, vector class on talon's reach. my one 'racing' session, using a Qirex plus my sixty-year-old body and its sluglike reflexes [not to mention the sluglike reflexes of the Qirex], netted a lap at 34.3 and a racetime of 1:11.2. and i know that at least five to eight of the NTSC pilots here on WZ are notably faster than i am. so with more practice and a Piranha instead of a Qirex, i am certain that they will be many seconds faster than my pitiful time. i am expecting racetimes under 1 minute for this particular course and class.

it's amazing what a little competition from other pilots can do to racetimes; we can be sure that any of these early posted times on the new records tables are going to fall

I would never have placed someone of your years (no offence) as a web site moderator. Especcially of a game like Wipeout.
    I guess these days anything is possible.

Yes I have noticed that you need expert reflexes to attain top notch times and a mind like a magnet to remember the course layout.

I've been playing against the Wipeout xl times that you showed me a couple of months back and I've almost broken most them.

Spunky

Well I`d never played the piranha until the new site was put up, never bothering with it after I completed challenge 2, years back, and I have to say I think its going to be a lot closer at the top with 2097 than it is with wipeout3, perhaps with the top 5 pilots all within a couple of seconds on some circuits. What I mean is its much easier to get close to minimum times with piranha than icaras. I`m only a middling ability pilot but I know that with the time for practice and a bit of luck I could get close to Spunky`s times and even beat some of them. I could never be that confident with quality times on any track on wipeout 3. Basically piranha is much easier to get the best out of than Icaras IMO. Unlike with Icaras, its pretty easy to fly PLs with piranha, the main problem for me being the other ships putting me off line to go round them and then..... bang, wall-wallop.

Clint: this doesn`t mean I`m promising to beat you, or even worry you, but there are plenty of guys who will, if they decide to. I don`t look at the best 2097 times and feel a cold shiver of inadequacy, like when I look at the wipeout 3 tables.

There`s not really much opportunity for focussed practise in my house, the kind of house where controllers get destroyed by babies vomiting on them. That`s only my first excuse....

Quote Originally Posted by lunar
    There`s not really much opportunity for focussed practise in my house, the kind of house where controllers get destroyed by babies vomiting on them. That`s only my first excuse....
    Well, it's a good one! I think I'll try that one with my homework next time I'm late on some code.