Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The definitive list of differences between WO3 and WO3:SE

PSN ID
    o_fluff

I dont know about the 2097/xl diference - ive never played the Xl version and i only kept 2097 for a few month so i cant remember.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Hmm, I kinda feel that W3O feels right where SE doesn't *shrugs* maybe cause i've played so much W3O, also I always manage to bounce W3O ships off the roof but have yet to manage it with SE, Manor Top and Terminal are both evil for topping out on W3O. I guess it's an each to their own thing, but it's probably wiser to buy SE for the extra tracks and greater advantage to the last 2 ships, the other little (while fairly insignificant) tweaks would make it a good idea too, though SE seems a lot more annoying to me, the dead flimsy ships help that I guess

offtopic: coffee does not have that effect on me at all, just creates a caffeine blitz

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Funny that. It doesn't do that for me at all. Which is quite annoying really. Because that way I have nothing to keep me up if I need to. I can even fall right asleep after having just drunk a huge cup of coffee.

offtopic addition by Lance: today's posting score as of 22:17 GMT:
    Ben 15
    Lance 8
    ;)

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

on topic:
    when reading ghosts from the memcard, the wo3 saves are being added .04 sec > if u got a 1.00.00 time it says 1.00.04
    the score on your record times screen is correct though > 1.00.00
    in SE the memcard reads > 1.00.00 as it should be.

on the load ghost screen in wo3 you can't see what time the highlighted ghost have > in SE you can.

the load ghost process in wo3 is a slow and painfull procedure > in SE it's swift and .. nice!

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

that`s all good - and 3SE is fully compatible with a negcon, while negcon use on 3 has several hazards to say the least.

having said that I slightly agree with Dimension about the handling. I find 3 much more positive to steer than SE. On Vector ist class, 3 just feels slightly faster and more positive in turning than SE. (SE gets superior times though because of the bounce and float factor and all the "opportunities" that offers.) Not sure if this steering difference is so noticeable on Phantom _on class though. :wink:

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Ah, and not to forget WO3's bug that doesn't let you change your neGcon's buttons setting. The game would just simply lock up if you even try reconfiguring anything. :|

Lance: LOL! I believed you in the first place, though, really did. :-)

Ben

the neG can be reconfigured in WO3, but it may take several frustrating tries. i use a non-standard configuration

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Yep, I too managed to change my config. Though I don't know how. One time I turned on the PSX, the settings I wanted were suddenly there, no kidding. It's still an annoying bug, and one wonders how these things can slip through QA.

Ben

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Ehm, I don't find the SE loading/saving screens to be nice, there's one extra screen to go through for loading ghosts, what's "swift and .. nice!" about that? :roll: I don't like the wip3out league in SE too because it kinda feels to me as if it's been ruined with all this launch yourself into space from the PK jump **** (for example,) IMO the track's there for flying over, not for ignoring completely. Oh and while having a little bash on PK this morning I noticed that my Qirex's steering was a lot, very noticeable through the first few corners, in a qirex every bit of extra steering advantage takes away from the fun factor. Speed wise it's still not nearly enough to make up for the Icaras' upped turning stat though, i mean damn... there goes the only advantage I ever had over the ica-b0rkers and with it my only real chance of competing Anyway, enough of my finding flaws in SE, i'll leave youz all alone to talk of how great SE is and i'll go back to racing W3O :wink:

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

you are right about PK and as lunar said that shortcut is 'cheap'
    also agree about the icaras better steering - i mentioned that long time ago > shouldnt change it or even go down to 1 imo.

[shameless selfpromotion] You won't be seeng shortcuts in my stick2trax challenge I'll be starting today or tomorrow!
    I chosed only no shortcut trax > stanza, sampa, terminal and some others from the wo3 league
    also we got the ghosts to extracheck the two classic trax where a shortcut is possible, but we go by the honor there!
    Now that you, dimension, have taken part in a vector challenge I hope you'll join us in a Venom!!
    and i see lunar is back and with that power demostration on MM 8O (that is also included in the challenge) I/we'd be honored/scared if you joined as well!
    same goes for task, thrusty and foxy ( I know! Big chance you'll join )
    also any other dex+SE owner that i might have forgot! [/shameless selfpromotion]

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Brica

From what i can remember, the 4 standard prototype-tracks in WO3:SE have also been reworked. They have many more geometrical patterns on the track borders and in the tunnels.
    Can someone confirm this ? I don't own the standard WO3 anymore to make a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl
    Funny that. It doesn't do that for me at all. Which is quite annoying really. Because that way I have nothing to keep me up if I need to. I can even fall right asleep after having just drunk a huge cup of coffee.
    Then you must have drunken decaffeinated coffee.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by tapioca
    From what i can remember, the 4 standard prototype-tracks in WO3:SE have also been reworked. They have many more geometrical patterns on the track borders and in the tunnels. Can someone confirm this ?
    I can! Was just about to post that.
    Also in the player name entry in wo3 you have to press each time you want to change the letters
    in SE you just press down right ( or left ) and the letters will 'roll'.

Hanging in the air in the same way bricks don't

One tiny difference that nobody seems to have noticed: There is no elimination mode in SE 8O
    Also, in addition to the brighter lighting inside the tunnels, the UV luminosity effect on the crafts' paintwork is less intense.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Well, not for one player but it is there for two players.
    And you are right - that is also a difference!

Welcome to the forums btw

Timezone
    GMT -5

Default Re: The definitive list of differences between WO3 and WO3:S

Quote Originally Posted by Project 2501
    02 - 2 tracks from the Japanese version of WO3
    Just where are these?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

They're the last two prototypes. You'll insantly recognise them by the different ships.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Wait SE can autoload the saved game from start? How do you activate that feature?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

On by default.