Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The definitive list of differences between WO3 and WO3:SE

PSN ID
    o_fluff

I would guess so.

I've noticed all sound effects now echo while you are in a tunnel section - like in 2097.

From what i remember it wasnt wip3out but in SE.

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

Nice list, but let us not forget SE's magical ability to send the wuss wagon after you when you crash side on (for example, corner 1 on Gare D Europa) and is it me or do you recieve more damage from crashes in SE? I always seem to struggle to finish a TT race with sparing use of hyper thrust, maybe the Qirex just doesn't do what it's supposed to in SE. In the term "enhanced physics" do you include crashes not slowing you down properly? In SE it seems you can continue from a slight crash at nearly full speed, rather annoying feature to be honest. Oh and on the AI thing, it always seems the lead ship manages to pull several seconds away from the rest before you get to the front, it's also always very difficult to pass and leave behind you <-- the reason I gave up on SE's single races

By enhanced physics I am simply refering to the ability to fly much higher than was possible in WO3. It's also generally easier to gain altitude on smaller jumps.
    Lets not look too much into it eh, this isn't a scientific study! I started this thread simply as a guide for those who wish to know why it's worth getting WO3:SE despite already owning WO3.

edit by Lance: Quotation eliminated!

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

heh, I dunno what you really need the list for, simple as this for me: 8 new tracks! I'll personally continue flying W3O for the original tracks since I prefer the physics, as noted because of the less forgiving crashing (and flying pirhana in W3O makes more sense seeing as it isn't completely outshone by the Assegai like in SE) but each to their own, I didn't see much difference in the actual floatiness, though they do take off nicely, as you say, oh and for your list, how's about the top speed thing? Might have been some kind of error in W3O but the highest it ever displayed was a little over 200, in SE it will go to over 1100 in places, seems like a definite correction to me

Oh I never even noticed that speed thing before. I'll take a look next time I play. Thanks for pointing it out.

And personally I don't think Assegai outshines Piranha in SE. I'd much rather pilot the Piranha. You only have to blow on the Assegai and you hear "sheild energy low"!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

*cough* It has the same shield rating as Piranha

PSN ID
    Galeforce43

By the way, has it been mentioned that you take several times as much shield energy damage in SE compared to W3O? It's definitely one for the list if it hasn't

Quote Originally Posted by Assegai Developments
    *cough* It has the same shield rating as Piranha
    I know, but despite the shield rating it just seems more prone to damage. :/

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

lol this is odd actually, when I try and take the Piranha out I usually end up in pieces due to weapons attacks but I can get the Assegai around no problem, I always had the impression that Piranha were the weakest team on 3 SE,

PSN ID
    o_fluff

I cant win races with Fiesar on SE. It's too slow! But the rest i can easily.

Bit funny that the ships i cant master are Icarus (i go pinballing mainly) and fiesar.

So if i understand correctly i must buy WO3SE en forget about WO3. Because SE has more tracks but even the WO3 mode form SE is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Assegai Developments
    lol this is odd actually, when I try and take the Piranha out I usually end up in pieces due to weapons attacks but I can get the Assegai around no problem, I always had the impression that Piranha were the weakest team on 3 SE,
    I guess it all depends on your personal piloting style.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Wipeoud: A late welcome to the WOZ!
    About swapping 3 with 3SE: Well, most players consider 3SE the better game as it has a few tweaks and changes that are distinctive improvements over the original third installation. There is the "differences" thread, but I'm sure you already found your way there. Personally I would put it like this: 3SE feels right where 3 might not. And yes, add the extra bunch of tracks and you get a whole lot of value for the money you put into the Special Edition.

Ben

i'm sure he's found his way there, too.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

way here, ben? :

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

we shouldn't pick on him; he's probably even sleepier and more distracted than i am. argh. i need some caffeine.

back to the topic: the major difference for me between SE and regular is that i don't have SE. fooey

does SE have the same amount of extra floatiness and shortcut potential relative to regular WO3 that 2097 exhibits relative to XL? after i saw Arnaud's 2097 videos recently, it was clear that there's a major difference there, so it sets me wondering just how much more floaty SE is

PSN ID
    o_fluff

A lot floatier - i assure you smash your ship off the ROOF of all places!

Oh Lance: apples have a stronger effect than coffee.

yeah, they make me **** a lot. so do peanuts

LOL, this in one of those times when you start reading from the last post and say what the hell?!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Naww, stupid me! ;) I didn't assume someone would ask questions which, in parts, are being answered a few lines above (no offence, wipeoud). Thanks for the sympathy though, Lance. Yes, I was still trying to get my mind going at that time, that must have been it. *g*

Mobius: Can you also say whether the difference between XL and 2097 is as big as the one between 3 and 3SE? Cause I never thought XL and 2097 were that much apart...

Lance: Peanuts and apples do that?! Coffee is the only, well, food that has an effect on my alimentary system. Except beans and stuff, maybe.
    [note to myself]Did we really want to go there/here/wherever (playing it save after this morning)?!?[/note to myself]

Ben