available only by code?
    what are they?
    what is the code?
    must have
    must try
    possible new fun

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Okay, I might have been wrong with this - after doing a little digging I cant get a definite answer on whether Wipeout 3 had the mirrored "flip" tracks.

Sorry for the bum steer.

In Wipeout 3 SE it's in options->game setup->flip tracks as a toggle switch.

darn

oh, well

no prob

Quote Originally Posted by Old asayyeah
    in SE we have lost the darkness inside tunnels and it's a shame.
    Well, they are not *that* bright!! :wink:

... and talking about differences, the intro movie features SE cover, just pasted there in a sh**ty way, if you ask me

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

wipeout 3 had the cover flashy upy thing as well, I like it, it flashed in time with the music

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Ok so now I have Rapier gold on all tracks in the wip3out league and still no flip tracks option, are you telling me you need to complete Phantom??!!!! 8O

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Dunno... don't think so... maybe it has something to do with opening up the challenges as well?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Hehe, for how much longer do you think "Assegai Developments" is going to play his heart out until he realizes what REALLY unlocks the tracks? ;-)

Err...just kidding. I have no idea how to get flip tracks. *g*
    Reminds me though, that I still have to finish W3OSE in the first place. Maybe I'll just continue doing this "winning the same races over and over again" after I'll have finished Redshift (where I'll be at 100% this very night!).

By the way, do I have to finish all challenge races in SE with a gold medal in order to unlock everything or is "just a medal" good enough?

Ben

As far as I recall, wo3se is demanding; you need all golds to unlock things, and, as far as I remember, you need to complete phantom to unlock flip tracks. I'm not sure, though

_dave_

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

After I abstained one complete row of gold medals in Phantom class, the little person form the 321 go screen came up waving a flag at me what was she saying??

PSN ID
    infoxicated

She's telling you that you're great, and you've completed the game!

I kind of missed it too, when I done it - I had the volume down and I just didn't hear what she said. There are cheats you can put in to see the movie again, but I don't remember what they are.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

yes I has the volume down aswell as time was getting on *taps watch* well thats nice of here to tell me I'm great, I may disagree with her though

ok so the flip tracks wernt there before on w3o and after alot of clicking and dull beeping to find i in the menu selection bit its definatley a fight for it but do i really have to go through all those classes to get it without cheating? the crafts have an extra specification, they now have handling added and the manual itself is easier to read, or is my w3o manual a bit sun glazed

er the last 2 posts look familiar the bit with the talking woman saying things, or is it dajavou?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Finally I've got the flip tracks option *insert celebration song here* took me ages to get those last two golds with that 3000 tonne craft, I didn't think it would reverse the classic tracks as well though, definately worth the effort

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Well done... cant say I play them much myself... and don't anyone even dare ask for seperate time tables for them! :

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Yeah I was wondering about this, the track records are the same for normal and flip, do you agree with this? When I flip a track it feels totaly different.....meh it's still the same track I suppose

assegai developments wrote
    meh it's still the same track I suppose
    yes and no, its the same track in itself but the corners are different and the pitches in the hieght are different so its a totlly different track if you know what i mean

Is there any place where i can find the names, some info or maybe even screens of the remade classic tracks?

I didnt buy this edition because i thought it was just a simple remake en i allready owned wip3out, but since I crashed into this board I know better.

I'm planning to buy this game, but it sounds like its hard to find. Any hints? Well, I'm gonno check the local game mania, maybe its still available over there.

Ow yeah, is it possible to use the saves from wip3out in the special edition? I'll unlock everything anyway, but it would be nice to know .

thx and greetz

PSN ID
    Axellink

goi to amazon.co.uk and search for wipeout 3 special edition. there are three copies. Got mine today!!! YAY and the game kics ass. WO64 still reigns supreme!! Now I just need to find a old mem card.

Well, i looked at the game mania today and it wasnt there as i expected so amazon it is ...

thx 4 the tip