Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The definitive list of differences between WO3 and WO3:SE

Default differences

did wip3out have the flip tracks option like s.e?, i cant remember!

uhmmm....nope.. it didn't.

sorry if this sounds stupid but how do you unlock the 8 extra "classic" tracks in this game? I'm a big wipeout fan and I really want to see how they look with the updated graphics and extra ships.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Sorry to break the bad news on you like that ;), but the classics tracks are only available in the Special Edition of WO3. There is no way to see them in the standard WO3.

Ben

maybe SE is the ''this game'' he was referring to? what are the probabilities?
    anyway, hi dice, welcome to the WipeoutZone

[offtopic} Ben, have you been playing any of the 2097/XL tracks lately? i've slacked off, and right now i only have one challenge from stevie (and whAt a challenge! a fantastic Sagarmatha laptime. i haven't been able to touch it.)]

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Yeeea, but then you don't have to unlock all 8 classic tracks in SE, so I thought" he "CAN'T be talking about SE". :)

Naw, I have hardly played anything lately, since I am trying to finish that research paper I've been working on. . If there is a challengen, though, I think I'd be up for it. :) What's it about?

Ben

i didn't have any challenge in mind; i was just hoping someone's new hot times would get me racing on a track i've not done lately and give me a goal, a target, a running duck

Quote Originally Posted by G'Kyl
    Sorry to break the bad news on you like that , but the classics tracks are only available in the Special Edition of WO3. There is no way to see them in the standard WO3.

Ben
    I knew that but it seems as though the shop I got this from didn't know and probably mixed up the disks. I was suspicious at first but things seemed ok until I couldn't find those extra tracks. Just to confirm things did the prototype tracks also appear in the original wip3out game?

@ Lance - thanks for the warm welcome

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I knew that but it seems as though the shop I got this from didn't know and probably mixed up the disks. I was suspicious at first but things seemed ok until I couldn't find those extra tracks. Just to confirm things did the prototype tracks also appear in the original wip3out game?
    I'm sorry then. I didn't know what you were aiming at with your question.

Yes, there are prototype tracks in WO3, WO3SE simply got a few extra ones as well.
    And regarding the classic tracks: In SE there should be four of the eight classic tracks available when you first start the game. Unlocking the other four works the same way it does for the remaining four standard WO3 tracks.

@ Lance - thanks for the warm welcome :)
    Oh, and one from me as well. :) I must have overlooked that.

Ben

ah thanks for everything g'kyl

Default Difference #107

...all of the pilots in SE have tails and furry feet like little anti-gravity monkeys, whereas the WO3 pilots do not (not a feature that you're likely to notice without digging deep in the instruction manuals). Surprised noone threw that one in yet...

Finally someone who noticed that....

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Just shows you who is this guy is soo obsessed!!! :wink:

stevie

ive been watching this topic for a while now (i also know what half of this stuff means) and something has got to me, this new enhanced ag craft handling, is this the bit were the craft stays the same distance from the ground at all times? if it is then thats crap i want to have to control everything about my craft, pitch and yaw, i was gutted wen that happened was like having auto pilot on : and the brighter tunnels thing, i liked it dark (and im sure of you think this as well,) it gave me a feeling of being in a tunnel, final thing whats this about little ag monkey pilots : ! i looked and i cant find anything,

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

For your first question, Piranha wiper, by pitching up & down you change the distance from the ground in SE and W3O and that's great, but in Fusion you can't: it's the biggest 'crappy thing' with his ' glue handling stick to the track'.
    I agree with you in SE we have lost the darkness inside tunnels and it's a shame.

Default Re: Difference #107

Quote Originally Posted by science
    ...all of the pilots in SE have tails and furry feet like little anti-gravity monkeys, whereas the WO3 pilots do not (not a feature that you're likely to notice without digging deep in the instruction manuals). Surprised noone threw that one in yet...
    Space monkey's...ready to be shot into space.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Default Re: differences

Quote Originally Posted by djb
    did wip3out have the flip tracks option like s.e?, i cant remember!
    what this flip tracks option I cant find it anywhere

PSN ID
    infoxicated

You have to complete a good portion of the game to open it up.

It was in Wipeout 3, but you had to enter a player name cheat to unlock it, kind of thing.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I see, so it looks like i'll have to play at rapier class after all

PSN ID
    o_fluff

n00b question alert!!!!!

what are flip tracks?