Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are three

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Default We are three

WipeoutZone was launched three years ago today.

It seems to have passed in the blink of an eye, though - as even our forums here have been around for two years.

I want to say thanks to our Moderators who make my life so much easier: Wamdue, Task, Lance and xEik, who now spends his time down in the engine room maintaining the forums for us. :

Without the help of those above, the site definately wouldn't have lasted as long as it has done - I don't think I could have coped by myself when things got rocky from time to time.

At the end of the day, the success of any community site comes down to the enthusiasm of those who take part, and I'm really proud to say we have a superb core of members here at WipeoutZone. For the most part I've had three years of great fun on this site, with six months of being a member of the W3PA before that, and it's all due to the fine people we have in our community.

Can you imagine another site where people would try not to out-bid each other in an e-bay auction?! :

I've got a much improved version of the main site just days away now, which I did hope to have ready for our third anniversary. It is within touching distance almost, but I want to make sure it's working perfectly for us and that it'll last us a good few years yet before I make the switch from old faithful here.

Here's to another three years and more - long live WipeoutZone, long live Wipeout.

Let's CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!
    (BTW - on 17th January 2004 Pierre Belmondo is about to be born - double party!!!!!!) :wink:

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Heh!

Well there you go then, I - I'll try to get the new site ready for Pierre's birthday present

Default and let's not forget Nik and Jim and Damon and...

love that Pierre.
    we rarely ever get to celebrate anything but the anniversary of the birthdays of favourite people, but this time, we will get to celebrate the day itself on the day itself. yEEhaa!

and today we get to celebrate another event that has helped make us friends. congratulations, Rob, on creating a long-lived site with a character that brings us together instead of dividing us. thank you

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    xEik

Default Re: We are three

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated
    ...xEik, who now spends his time down in the engine room maintaining the forums for us. :
    :roll:

I keep reading all posts, I just don't have that much time now to post. And, well, a bit of maintenance now and then.

I still remember when the W3PA changed into WZ, although I didn't make it in time to be a member of the first one.
    I also remeber that my first post was to apologize for the mess I had caused when entering my records for the first time (a mismatch in the tracks put me ahead of Al for the first and only time). :

PRACTICE LEADS TO PERFECTION !

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Wow - that brings back memories, I remember all that. I got you and Vincoof mixed up and went to fix his times instead of yours and it all got a bit confusing! :

It's a shame that Vinny had to take an extended break - you and him used to be quite the comedy double act back in the day.

I also remember you did that clever thing of specifying Delta Ray as the font in your signature and since everybody had that font installed we all thought it was an image!

This site IMO is the example other fan sites should follow. I'm so glad my favourite game has a home, and it's inspiring to be part of this community.

Here's to the next three years!

Even though I don't get the time to post I still check in most days to see what people are up to. Rob your a star! Wamdue, Task, Lance and xEik all hail the mods who won't take no BS!!!

Keep up the good work (? yes, I thought it sounded patronising too but it is meant with sincerity).

Default ...

Congrats to the Wipeoutzone from Team Piranha!

All I remembered was e-mailing Fox about mistyped words in the site or something and he sure was..pissed.

Hyuk hyuk.

PSN ID
    Thruster2097

heh, three years already?
    You know when you ask older people (i.e. grandparents) about stuf what happened a long time ago, and they always say "it doesnt seem that long ago...." Well it really doesnt seem that long. Okay, three years is only 1095 days, that really isnt a lot of time, but it seems much shorter.

-enough pointless yak-

Thanks as always to our mods, and special thanks to infoxicated, you are all gods amongst us insects.

This place will be alive even when WipEout is gone because we got such a good bunch of people here. Long live WipEoutZone, and everybody who posts on its forums!

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

Default woohoo!

Hooray for WipEout Zone!
    As with a lot of things, the Third time is a charm.
    Just look at Wip3out!

Glad I've been able to be a part of this place.

YAY! *holds a banner saying something about 'Free Beer'*

I think this is the site Ive visited the most in my entire life. Its fun to think back on the days when we all used to hang out at the official Wip3out forums, spotting tDR in the chatrooms. Im proud to be a part of this community. I could write a lot more, but im sick and swamped with work :-?

Timezone
    GMT -6

Congrats on these forums y0! I love em so far and plan to stay here for as long as you guys are!

First of all, let me wish you all a happy new year.
    This thread may not be the right place but I'm definately too lazy to look for the HNY thread in the Pilots Lounge or whereever it should be placed.

It's been almost 3 years I joined the W3PA BBS and, like many of you said, it seems like it was yesterday. In fact I was a member a bit before (I had joined the W3PA when [:caz] maintained the site) but I think most of you will agree with the fact that we do really become an active member of the community at the time we join the forums. That's when we fully realize the potential of a community, should I say of _this_ community. Yes, because this community is extraordinary. Nowhere else on the web I've been able to meet members with such enthousiasm, such fairplay and such friendship, compared to any kind of community (i.e. not necessarily related to racing games or even video games). And on top of that no administrator is as exceptional as our international Foxy !
    I remember the time when I visited the forums 24/7 and replied to almost EVERY post, or the time I was whining for any kind of insignificant improvement to the site I proposed, which proved to be useless most of the time. Robert should have gone crazy. And at some time I think he did, because I was really driving him mad. But as ironic as it may sound, this is what I call the "good-old time".

Now I look forward for the time I would be able to join the community again. I owe some records and would love to make them sooner or later.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

It would be a great third birthday present to have you back, Vinny

Thank you for the kind word ; unfortunately I'm not sure it will be enough to get rid of everything happening around me in both my personal and professional life.

But I promise to make an effort when I'll be able to. Anyway, first things first, I need to get my playstation back. err... there's so much dust on it that I could not distinguish it with a NES / Famicon.

This community really is the greatest. I've known some of you longer than the people around me here at home! Everytime I come back from one of my many hiatuses, I still see the same familiar faces and I am always welcomed. Although Wipeout is the common thread that runs among us, it's not really what holds us together. What keeps us here is a very real friendship amongst the community, and that is a rare thing to find anywhere, let alone on the internet! Whatever happens thoughout the months and years, the core members always seem to find their way back at least every now and then-- if for nothing else just to say hello. That's pretty extrordinary if you ask me.
    So, here's to another 3, and another 3 after that (and another, and another!)
    Cheers!

aaaarrrrr. ain't that lovely?

Man, hard to believe it's already been 3 years.

Heh, I still remember back when I first posted here, it was in the days when this place was still the W3PA, first I had ever heard of there being a 3rd Wipeout.

A lot has happened since then, and I hope a lot more happens in the future! (good things, that is! )

Keep up the great work guys!