Thread: New wipeout

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New wipeout

Rumors of a new Wipeout developed by Sega. While they make great games, I have no reason to believe the would do Wipeout justice. The Fzero game was broken badly, despite playing well.

https://icon-era.com/threads/rumor-s...ip.6932/page-2

PSN ID
    Dylan061997

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post
    Rumors of a new Wipeout developed by Sega. While they make great games, I have no reason to believe the would do Wipeout justice. The Fzero game was broken badly, despite playing well.

Yep, saw that like 2 months ago (?) but let's see if it's true or not i wouldn't mind a new one (with no region lobbies on multiplayer too ._.), we have to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by JABBERJAW View Post

I don’t know why people keep reporting this nonsense. The original source of this is literally some dude on an obscure discussion board, and his message didn’t even mention WipEout at all.

There is NO basis for this.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    I don’t know why people keep reporting this nonsense. The original source of this is literally some dude on an obscure discussion board, and his message didn’t even mention WipEout at all.

There is NO basis for this.
    Guess it's life. And if you dig up a bit (I mean if you want to play the great games that are still available to play and enjoy on multiple platforms), you'll find great challenge on PS4 (Omega), or WO HD/FURY PS3/RPCS3, online crossplay. What did you expect?
    So maybe the money men will see an interest into a new wipeout duh?
    Last edited by kanar; 7th January 2024 at 10:25 PM.

Sure, it costs nothing to talk about it. Unfortunately, that’s not how the video game industry works, otherwise you’d already have another F-Zero game (a much bigger and louder community than us).

My reaction is rather aimed at people not doing any research and believing everything they see. I’m also trying to manage expectations.

More than happy to amplify rumors if they have a solid basis (and I have done that multiple times in the past). The Sega sorry is utter malarkey though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

You're right, they were hyped by an impossible wipeout reboot by sega as they did for zero, as far as I understood.
    I'm extremely lucky. I have 6 months to do whathever I want, for some personal reasons. So maybe I'll be able to set up into everyone's agenda at least 5 or 10mn online old school gameplay during a week-end in april. Also, trying to raise the deads, which is fkin impossible so far. Didnt know F-Zero had a more active community lol, as afaik they cant play online? Sad.
    There's a still a CRAZY fkn competitive scene for wipeout 2024, online. HD or Omega. Rage quitted due to glitch in 2010 for me but guess what I'm back. Dealing wth it, and starting to learn2.51 physics. Never ending story.
    Till the next real wipeout, future is now (RPCS3 = Wipeout HD/Fury @120fps, high res).
    (sorry for my engrish)
    Last edited by kanar; 8th January 2024 at 08:27 PM.

WipEout is infinitely more niche than F-Zero. It’s way more hardcore and doesn’t shy away from it. The F-Zero hype is amplified in particular by the Smash Bros community and, more generally, by Nintendo fanboys, casual gamers and N64 nostalgics.

It’s really strange how we’ve been gifted so many WipEout games since the last F-Zero came out (F-Zero GX, in... 2003!). Not that I’m complaining about it