Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PACER Updare - Fixes news

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default PACER Update - Fixes news

I thought it's time a thread like this was started, since a lot of people are wondering what's happening regarding what's being done to fix issues with the game.

This was posted by R8 a few hours ago on 7/11/20.

A big thank you to all of you for joining us for week one of PACER!

Our team are continuing to work on the feedback coming through and whilst we have released Patch 1.03 this week, we also have another patch in the works, which will be landing early next week with more improvements expected across the board!

We are very aware that a number of players are experiencing some game crashes whilst playing online on PS4 consoles and we already have a fix ready to remedy this next week.

Additionally, we will be submitting the Xbox fixes (as well as the new patch updates and improvements) to Microsoft early next week. We don't expect the turn around time to be too long, but we currently can't give a firm date of when to expect release, but we will be updating you all as we get firm and final confirmation from Microsoft and the Xbox team.

One more Xbox-related thing we would like to address before heading into the weekend - We have recently just finished up our first seasonal event (for Halloween) and due to the timing of the Xbox version not falling in place, this event has now passed. However, when the Xbox version launches, we will be running a time limited event where you will still be able to claim and unlock all of the same Halloween craft modifications.

Hope you all have an incredible weekend,

-Team R8Games

For those on PS4 having online issues.
    Elhabib has deduced what is causing the problem and has posted a workaround until the fix lands next week....see below.

ATTENTION!
    Online is having serious problems, as I'm sure you all have experienced by now, but today we found out a very curios pattern to it and also a WORKAROUND until it is fixed.
    The problem seems to be connected to loading screens - the online lobby I was in made it impossible for everyone but the host to play two consecutive races. It would always let you do one race and then crash on the loading screen of the next race - EVERY TIME, and for every player in the lobby but the host.
    HOWEVER we found a workaround for it: after each race, if you leave the online lobby and rejoin it (while the host is waiting), it will load the next race no problem. Doing this, leaving and rejoining the lobby after every race, I was able to do 6 or 7 consecutive races, a feat I have not managed in this game so far, unless I was hosting.
    I hope this helps, and please, @Game Developer , get this **** fixed. I know you got your hands full, but this is laughable. I have never seen a game on PS4 where online is so dysfunctional. And this is a seven year old system. You're seriously hurting your userbase.
    [9:37 AM]
    I'd like to add that upon leaving the lobby after every race, I would consistently get an error code after leaving! So the issue was obviously already there, just waiting for the next loading screen, as you also get one when you leave a lobby.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 6th November 2020 at 10:16 PM.

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

I'm enjoying this game a lot more than i thought i would, visually it's exactly what i want from a new wipeout, it handles differently, but really well and races flow well and are fun, track design is great, day and night options are amazing...but yeah, a few bugs.

I've noticed a lot of audio problems, the biggest is when i change some music artist options, then return to the game the d-pad randomly isn't working anymore. I play using the d-pad (old school wipeout dude) Control stick continues to work fine, then if i reset the audio options to default the d-pad control comes back. weird and annoying.

The effect on music when you boost is odd too, it's like the music gets louder, i sort of see what they were trying but it doesn't sound great, wish that could be turned off or be fixed. The audio seems to have some odd effects or balance issues during races in general.

During menu's the audio will also sometimes just cut out.

Audio when collecting a pick-up or shield could do with a bit more noticeable sound effect, i always have to look at the HUD instead of knowing from the sound whether i actually got the pick up or not.

The 3, 2, 1, Go is slightly out of synch with the voice countdown. Bit off putting.

It doesn't have a voice announce 'Final Lap' which it absolutely should.

Other than that, it's personal stuff, like i wish the lap counter and race position where slightly larger on screen and they lost the yellow highlights from the HUD as they stand out a bit.

Solid release, though, absolutely worth a look if anyone needs more AG fun.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Would you copy and paste all this in the Pacer discord for the devs to see, please? The more people point these things out, the more likely they are to change

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

OK, doing it now.
    Was copying the conversation you had about craft specs in the new Tips thread I just started.

This game is an excellent successor to Wipeout!
    9/10

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

NEW PATCH UP!

Controller remapping now working on PS4 YAY!
    NOTE: D-Pad now able to be used instead of stick, also if wanting to change Air brakes to L1 R1 you need to reassign the Weapon buttons first, otherwise the option is comes up as not available

Our team at R8 Games are incredibly happy with the feedback coming in from the community of racers playing PACER. Even so, our team are continuing to improve the game based on all the helpful feedback being sent out way across Discord and social media channels.

Here’s a run down at our latest improvements via Patch 1.04 for PlayStation 4 and PC versions of PACER.

Patch 1.04 Change List

CAMPAIGN:

{Crash/PS4} – Fixed an issue where the video track previews could cause a crash on the campaign select menu after completing an event.
    {Crash} – Fixed an issue that would cause the Dragon Endurance race to crash if the user restarts the event.
    {Fixed} – Galaxy – 6. Stay Hidden – Fixed an issue that prevented the user from correctly using the cloak in both of the weapon slots during the race.
    {Fixed} – Galaxy – 6. Stay Hidden – Fixed an issue that stopped the time brackets from being displayed during the race.
    {Fixed} – Midas / DragonStars – Fixed an issue where the craft cosmetics were not unlocking correctly at the end of the campaigns.
    {Fixed} – DragonStars – Removed the ‘Dragon Resilience’ event from the team goals for the campaign.
    {Fixed} – Team goals for Midas and Lions teams has been fixed so that they are now fully progress-able.
    {Fixed} – Removed the Team info button when the user hasn’t signed for a team in the UI.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue that prevented ‘The 1%’ trophy from being awarded after all golds have been obtained.
    {Fixed} – Laika Kosmodrom – Fixed an issue that caused slowdown in the ‘Thread the Needle’ event on Base consoles.
    {Fixed} – Campaign – Rebalanced some of the team goals so overly difficult missions for the goals are no longer needed (a further update on the team goals will be coming in the next patch).
    {Fixed} – Addressed an issue where in some of the events the title would incorrectly give the user a gold medal when they hadn’t completed the requirements.

The levels affected were:
    * Garuda – Gauss Cannon Only
    * Gagarin – Thread the Needle
    * Galaxy – Airbrake Steering
    * Galaxy – Stay Hidden
    * Lions – Explosive
    * Dragonstar – Navigational Testing

GENERAL:

{Crash/PS4} – UI track preview videos and in-game trackside videos have been disabled on the PlayStation build pending a permanent fix.
    {Crash/PS4} – Fixed an additional crash in the track select menu.
    {Crash} – Fixed a crash that would occur with the nano-rocket detonating at odd times.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue where Ram Damage was not being tracked correctly, preventing ‘Full Metal Contact’ achievement / Trophy.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue where restarting a race would allow the L1/R1 (LB/RB) to switch the music track.
    {Fixed} – Tracks – Freeway – Fixed an issue where some AI would consistently fail a jump during a races.
    {Fixed} – Music – Increased the number of audio channels from 32 to 64 on all systems.
    {Fixed} – Music – Rebalanced some the music in the game to give a cleaner audio experience (Note further audio rebalancing still to be done)
    (Fixed) – Fixed an issue that inverted some of the stat values in the cards in the garage – (Looking at you Heavy Ailerons).
    {Fixed} – Updated an accredited name in the Kickstarter list.
    {PC} – Fixed an issue where Gauss Cannon kills didn’t trigger the ‘Salt & Peppered’ Steam Achievement.
    {PC} – Fixed an issue where Nano Rocket Kills didn’t trigger the ‘I’m a Rocket Man’ Steam Achievement.
    {PC} – Fixed an issue where Mine kills didn’t trigger the ‘Mined Craft’ Steam Achievement.
    [7:23 AM]
    MULTI-PLAYER:

{Crash} – Fixed an issue on PlayStation builds, where rolling over multiplayer races could cause a crash.
    {Crash} – Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when entering an event.
    {Crash} – Fixed a crash that could be caused if the user entered a lobby as a spectator and allowed the game to roll over.
    {Crash} – Fixed an issue where the incorrect track video on voting lobbies could cause a crash on some systems.
    {Fixed} – Storm mode now has a weapon and collision toggle in multiplayer races.
    {PS4} – Fixed an issue where the users avatar was not displaying when joining a lobby as a spectator.

NEW FEATURES:

{QOL} – PC – Video – Optimised the ‘Shadows’ option for Ultra settings, to prevent a large drop in framerate on RTX cards.
    {QOL} – Added support for key and joypad rebindings for all in-game buttons in the Settings menu.
    (QOL) – Added a warning message on Speed lap / Endurance events that the race is still in progress.
    {QOL} – Clear team goal definitions have been added to the Campaign select and the team info Screens.
    [7:23 AM]
    KNOWN ISSUES:

* Massive collision events in a race can cause a performance drop (e.g. when 5 or more craft all collide with the track walls at the same time)
    – This issue is the cause of the random frame drop as can be seen when AI collide with the track walls on some tracks.
    – This issue is more prominent when all users are on the screen at the same time

* If the user joins a lobby having been a spectator, they will be kicked with an NE003 error message when starting their second race.
    – This issue isn’t present if the user joins the lobby normally.
    – To avoid this issue, back out and re-join the lobby once the race you are spectating has ended.

* New Speed lap / Endurance warning message will incorrectly display for a moment at the end of a multiplayer event.

* Due to the rebalancing of the team goals, it is possible to get a (6/5) for some team campaigns on the overview.
    – Unlocks will be awarded to the user at 5 completions.
    – This is being addressed in the next patch where improved end user tracking of the goals is being added.

Please ENJOY!
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 14th November 2020 at 09:11 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

@blackwiggle : can you consider an option to turn off air brakes sound effect? I don't even want to play the game currently because of this.

EDIT : A friend of mine just streaming at the moment and got all gold medals in the campaign, the trophy didn't unlock... so it's not fixed in 1.04 as expected by the changelog.

Thanks.

Temet

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Both those bugs have been reported already, the trophy glitches are pissing everybody off, they should of had them sorted with the last update

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Thank you!!!!

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

I messaged the R8 twitter about the air brake thing today and got told it's been passed on to the team, hopefully so, it's super SUPER annoying how loud they are. Also i've noticed it doesn't save your custom controls when you re-launch the game, hopefully that's an easy fix though. Side note, having races at night is so damn cool and visually looks stunning, reminds me of racing in the original wipeout on rapier and how it changed the time of day.

How do you know which Goals you've succeeded in? For example, if you've done 5/7, how do you know which events you've still got to do? Is this a bug? 🤔

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

Latest Patch just went live. No fix for the insanely loud airbrakes yet unfortunately, but the game does now remember your custom controls when you turn off and come back to it. Woohoo!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

NEW PACER 1.05 UPDATE

Hey @everyone!

Our team have been tinkering with PACER down in the Garage and have made some tweaks, changes and improvements to the game which are now active and available in the latest Patch 1.05!

Thank you for all of your feedback – we are currently hard at work on a brand new patch with even more improvements, fixes and features so look out for a future update and keep your feedback coming!

Thanks,

– R8Games Team

Pacer Patch 1.05

NEW FEATURE:

On-line Lobby Notification - When a player is in an offline race and a multi-player race becomes available, a pop-out HUD notification will be displayed.
    - This can be enabled in the 'Gameplay' Settings menu (this is set to 'OFF' by default).

GENERAL:

{Fixed} - Campaign - Team Goal for Izulu has been reduced to requiring 5 events rather than 6 (Goal was not possible on event 3 - Shield Management).
    {Fixed} - Campaign - Trophies - Updated the unlock call for the '1% trophy', as this was incorrect for the console versions of the title only.
    {Fixed} - Campaign - Fixed crash when rapidly swapping back and forth between the campaign menus screens.
    {Fixed} - Settings - The 'Reset to Default' option in the Settings menu now only resets the currently selected tab instead of the entire menu.
    {Fixed} - Settings - When rebinding the controls, the change song option in the pause menu would incorrectly change track using the rebound controls, this is now set to always use L1/R1 / LB/RB buttons.
    {Fixed} - Settings - When rebinding pitch options to the Right Stick, title would incorrectly invert the controls when in-game.
    {Fixed} - Settings - Fixed issue where changes to the control setting wasn't being saved correctly on the console versions of the title.
    {Fixed} - Hardware - Fixed an issue where Xbox 360 controllers were not being recognized by the title after the 1.04 patch.
    {Fixed} - Tracks - Removed a kill volume in AGUILA that was extending into the track incorrectly.

MULTI-PLAYER:

{Crash/PS4} - Fixed a crash when flushing the avatars from memory on the map voting lobby screen, added extra support for this in all multiplayer lobbies.
    {Crash/PS4} - Fixed an issue that would cause the title to crash with more than 5 users in the lobby.
    {Fixed} - Reduced the level of audio network replication that was introduced in patch 1.04, as this was having a negative effect on performance on all systems.
    {Fixed} - Refined the physics replication during multiplayer races, improving performance on all systems.

KNOWN ISSUES:

* Surround sound mix for the PS4 versions of the title is incorrect and will be updated in the next patch.

* Fiyah! Fury Night variants can experience a performance drop in some multiplayer modes (this is more noticeable at higher speed classes with larger groups in a race).
    - During normal race conditions users should not experience this performance drop.

* If the user joins a lobby as a spectator, they will be kicked with an NE003 error message after two races.
    - This issue isn't present if the user joins the lobby normally.
    - If the user joins as a spectator, backs out and joins once the race has ended they will avoid this issue.

* New Speed lap / Endurance warning message will incorrectly display for a moment at the end of a multiplayer event.

* Due to the rebalance of the team goals, it is possible to get a (6 / 5) for some team campaigns on the overview.
    - Unlocks will be awarded to the user at 5 completions.
    - This will be addressed in the future patch, where improved end user tracking of the goals will be added.

Nice one Blackwiggle 👍

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Quote Originally Posted by Concealed Sequence View Post
    How do you know which Goals you've succeeded in? For example, if you've done 5/7, how do you know which events you've still got to do? Is this a bug? 🤔
    It is annoying. I have done all the team goals for all teams except one. For the last one I have 5/6 team goals so there are 2 events left and I don't know which one will grant me the last team goal. I think they will change this in a patch. At least they are working on changing the looks of the career mode to make it a bit clearer and better looking. This issue with team goals will probably be fixed so that you can see which events actually has team goals and which don't and which team goals you have cleared or not.

@multibodydynamics Okay. Let's hope so! Cheers 👍

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

NEW PATCH 1.06

Patch 1.06 Change List

GENERAL:

{Fixed} – Audio – Updated the audio mix and surround sound settings for all versions – (additional tweaks are still being implemented).
    {Fixed} – Tracks – Aguila – Altered the collision at the top of the tunnel entrances so at higher speed classes the user is less likely to become stuck or experience odd physics issues.

MULTI-PLAYER:

{Fixed} – Audio – Optimised the collision audio for lower end consoles to improve gameplay performance for all players.
    {Fixed} – Spectator – Fixed an issue where if a user joins an online lobby as a spectator, they will be incorrectly removed from the lobby on their second race with a NE003 Error.
    {Fixed} – Online Lobby Notifications – Fixed an issue that prevented the online notification working with certain hardware configurations.
    {Fixed} – Online Lobby Notifications – Fixed an issue where the button to automatically join an online lobby was clipping out of the pause menu in some languages.
    {Fixed} – Online Lobby Notifications – This can be enabled/disabled in the ‘Gameplay’ Settings menu (this is set to ‘ON’ by default).
    {Fixed} – Settings – Fixed an issue where it was possible to create an online destruction lobby without weapons.

KNOWN ISSUES:

* Massive collision events in a race can cause a performance drop (e.g. when 5 or more craft all collide with the track walls at the same time)
    – This issue is the cause of the random frame drop as can be seen when AI collide with the track walls on some tracks.
    – This issue is more prominent when all users are on the screen at the same time

* Due to the rebalancing of the team goals, it is possible to get a (6/5) for some team campaigns on the overview.
    – Unlocks will be awarded to the user at 5 completions.
    – This is being addressed in the next patch where improved end user tracking of the goals is being added.

* We have received reports of users losing their save data on the PS4 platform.
    – We are currently investigating this issue but have so far been unsuccessful in finding any replication steps.
    – If anyone can provide additional information to this issue please get in touch with the team.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

NEW PATCH 1.10 UP

NEW FEATURES:

* Streamer Mode – Enables / Disables all music tracks that are not safe to be streamed.
    * Campaign – Event team goals are now tracked on the campaign event summery screen to allow players to quickly see if the event has a team goal and if it has been completed.
    * Christmas – All the tracks have been updated to include a Festive Theme (available from 17th December to 5th January).
    * Christmas – Added support for new craft add-ons to be unlocked for users that play the title during the event.
    * Christmas – Added the ‘Christmas Edition Logo’ to the front end during the Christmas Event.
    * Christmas – Updated the Garage to bring some festive cheer to the community.

GENERAL:

{Fixed/PS4} – Videos – Fixed an issue on the PlayStation that caused the title to crash when videos played.
    {Fixed} – Stats – Fixed an issue where the weapon accuracy was being calculated incorrectly.
    {Fixed} – Tracks – Made additional optimisations to Fiyah! Fury to reduce the performance drops during multi-player events.
    {Fixed} – Tracks – Satawald (Reverse) – Fixed multiple issues with lighting on the track.
    {Fixed} – Tracks – Updated shaders and lighting for all tracks to improve game play performance.
    {Fixed} – Game Modes – Endurance – Fixed an issue so that on the post-race screen, the distance for craft will not correctly update (rather than only update on player death).

UI:

{Fixed} – Fixed several places in the UI where multiple sound effects were being played on top of each other.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue which caused most of the loss of focus problems when using the mouse.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue which prevented players from navigating through the “Quick Race” menu with just a mouse.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue which resulted in some areas of the main menu not playing any sound effects at all when navigating with a controller.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue which resulted in some other areas of the main menu not playing any sound effects at all when navigating with a keyboard.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue which caused the lobby to have focus problems when using a keyboard.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue that prevented mouse scroll wheel from working correctly on most scrolling elements in the UI.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue that would cause the game to become unresponsive when resuming play inside a sub-category within the garage on PS4.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue that would cause the game to become unresponsive when reconnecting a controller during the matchmaking sequence on PS4.

CAMPAIGN:

{Fixed} – Fixed a number of spelling and grammar issues with the tutorial campaign dialogue.
    {Fixed} – Garuda – Event 5 – Updated this event to be an endurance mode event and removed weapon pick-ups to make the game mode more difficult.
    {Fixed} – Galaxy – Event 6 – Updated the fire rate of the sentries and the time requirements to make the game mode slightly more challenging.
    {Fixed} – Team Info – Fixed an issue that prevented people from scrolling the text box correctly in the menu.
    {Fixed} – Team Goal – Izulu – Fixed an issue where the team goal in the event would be incorrectly reset for the race if the user craft was destroyed.
    {Fixed} – Team Goal – Izulu – Fixed an issue where the team goal could be incorrectly awarded to the user during some campaign events.
    {Fixed} – Promos – Fixed an issue where restarting the final race in any of the promotional tournaments would result in the wrong number of tournament points being awarded.
    {Fixed} – Event Selection – Fixed an issue where selecting an event which had weapons disabled would cause your “preferred load-outs” to be reset.

MULTI-PLAYER:

{Fixed} – Fixed an issue where a client joins / leaves / re-joins a lobby, the host could be left in an unresponsive state.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue where craft replication caused some performance issues on multiplayer races.
    {Fixed} – Fixed an issue related to collisions sparks causing performance issues on some hardware setups.

KNOWN ISSUES:

* Speed lap / Endurance warning message will incorrectly display for a moment at the end of a multiplayer event.

* We have received reports of users losing their save data on the PS4 platform.
    – We are currently investigating this issue but have so far been unsuccessful in finding any replication steps.
    – If anyone can provide additional information to this issue please get in touch with the team.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

The thing is l was paying attention (luckily ) when l pressed Pacer on ps4, while loading saying press any key, which l did, after that not doing anything even my controller light is on and did pressed the "x" button, nothing happened but l just decided to press PS to see if goes back to main menu and it's does. So l closed the application and start again but lost my savedata and could not get it back ever since.

Hope that helps you?

stevie😐

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Have you gone to saved data in system settings?
    You have the option to load saved data from online saved data, if you choose that it should restore your previous stored saved data from the PSN cloud.