Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surprise surprise PACER delayed till end of Septmber .

I agree, consoles over pc any day (imho)
    Last edited by Concealed Sequence; 24th October 2020 at 04:39 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I finally got the development build working FULLY with a controller, thank God for that, it was driving me nuts not being able to use weapons or boost.

Seems the DEV build is only partially supporting controllers and the PS4 controller isn't one of them ....I Finally found a old Xbox controller which the DEV build does fully support [never thought I'd use that again] so all is fine.

I'll mention before hand that the DEV build I have has MORE options than the FULL GAME, what exactly those are I don't know, but it was something R8 told me when they sent me the code, so bare that in mind when reading what I post below.

A few things I have noticed.

Getting hit with a Flash-bang weapon is a total bitch, it seems more powerful than before, but then again I think the intensity of the effect can be changed in weapon mods, so that might be the reason why, and I suspect the effect [this goes for all weapons] relates to the AI difficulty you are racing against at the time.

AI difficulty is now changeable, and at least on the DEV build, 1-10 difficulty......I'm not masochistic enough to try level 10 AI yet.
    There are a lot of options available to change BOT numbers and AI difficulty etc in the race setup menu, so you can make the game as easy or as hard as you like.
    Most, if not all these are also available when choosing to setup a ONLINE race.....again, remember this is in the DEV build I'm talking about.
    Strangely, I also noticed that Speed Lap is also a choice for Online among the other race modes.

TIP
    Learn where the Shield pickups are, you'll going to need them, that's if some other craft doesn't beat you to one.....I don't know if there are fewer shield pickups now, or they have been placed differently, but I seemed to be needing to find one quite often to survive.......Open the game up and apply shield/armor balanced with engine/handling upgrades cards would be a good idea when starting out.

I also suspect that in the latter NEW tracks of the game [which are I suspect are designed for the fastest speed classes, you'll see what I mean when you open them up], there might actually be less shield pickups available.
    Not only that, but there placement on the NEW tracks at least, seems to favor those who can keep VERY tight racing lines, same goes for the speed pads.....I'm don't usually use a STICK to steer, so my finding might differ to others, I usually prefer the D-Pad [very old school]....put it this way, I think you'll know if you missed running over SP/pickups more than was the case in FF [ I still have the ability to load FF, but since it doesn't have the NEW tracks I can't compare it to see if this is true].
    Generally I found I was missing Pads/ Pickus more than on FF, but that could also be put down to having to use a Xbox controller that I'm not used to.
    It's hard for me to tell if R8 have tightened the 'Run Over' tolerances or not.....Jury is still out on this aspect.

KERS works differently than in FF, and a far better IMHO.
    In FF to use KERS you had a single press of the button and it used all available KERS until depleted [causing you to smash into things if you used it in a inappropriate place, that's unless I've always been using it wrongly, which wouldn't surprise me TBH ]

Now you have to HOLD DOWN the KERS button to activate it, you now have control of this, if you release the button it will disengage KERS and still leave a partial charge in your KERS meter.....a FAR better system.....great for getting that first place when you can see 2nd place ahead if you have enough KERS charge left, especially if you have a double charged KERS available.

Hopefully what info I give above hasn't been in breech of the agreement I have with R8 [praying ], as I consider what I've written hasn't been spoilers so to speak, more of a general opinion on slight noticable changes from what was already available in FF.

I think PACER can be a lot better game than FF was, it has LOADS of options to change pretty much anything, not that FF was missing that much really.

What you put into it regarding craft/card/race mode preferences etc will determine what you get out of the game, you'll certainly spoilt for choice.

There are quick setup modes for those who just want to press a few button and race, but it's once you get into the menus and start changing things around that PACERS potential starts truly showing itself.
    You are going to want to spend a fair bit of time going through the options available, and do some testing along the way, which will be time consuming, but HEY, you get out what you put in, so it will be worth the effort.

I can see whole play guides being written on 'Best Practice' regarding craft/card setups for different race types....some new cards are more 'Race type specific' than others , and when you run across these new cards you think, what would I want to use that for in this race type for, seems pretty useless, then it clicks that these very cards would be awesome if fitted to 1 or 2 craft in a TEAM E-Sport racing environment to balance a team build out.

I'll leave it there, at least for the moment.....sorry I can't give more away, especially pictures or videos, but a promise is a promise.

Only 4 days to go till you can all be playing PACER !

Yeah, CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

I wish the garage section still had a background instead of just being a spotlight over the ship 😔

Out now! 3...2...1...GO!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Not on Xbox it's not LOL.
    Something went wrong there.

Also I think a huge amount of people are waiting for their KICKSTARTER keys/codes to get the game, and from what I understand from posts made on DISCORD, is that R8 have delegated this task to a PR firm to hand out

Omg, a bunch of tracks by Warp Records artists!!!!! 🥰