Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surprise surprise PACER delayed till end of Septmber .

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Surprise surprise PACER delayed till end of Septmber .

God knows what the delay is this time ?
    Copied and pasted below from the PACER steam page.

Hi Steam community

Release date
    "Development on PACER for PC, PS4 and Xbox One (with PS4 Pro and Xbox One X enhancements) is complete! However, whilst the Steam version of PACER is ready and revving to go, both the Xbox One and PS4 versions are currently heading into final submission with our final Gold candidates and therefore will regrettably miss the originally planned September 17th release date. It is important to us that everyone gets to play PACER at the same time on PC and consoles therefore, please look forward to the simultaneous platform release before the end of September."

Playstation Access
    "We're very proud of the work our incredibly small team has been able to produce with PACER and later today, Playstation Access will be streaming PACER on PS4 for the first time to show you the final game in action!

Thank you for all of your continued support. We are excited to show you PACER on PS4 with PlayStation Access and getting the game into your hands before the end of September.”

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

I was that guy on steam forums asking which time it will be released on 17th, then a few hours later they announce a delay just 3 days before releases.

Consoles... ugh

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Every day I check the internet twice for a date. Now end of September is imminent but still...Granted, it is out of their hands now. But come on. I just hope it will somehow bring the fun I hope for. Or it will be like Redshift - yeah, sure, good game, fun to play, but no real motivation to really getting good at it.
    Fingers crossed X

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by Autechom View Post
    Every day I check the internet twice for a date. Now end of September is imminent but still...Granted, it is out of their hands now. But come on. I just hope it will somehow bring the fun I hope for. Or it will be like Redshift - yeah, sure, good game, fun to play, but no real motivation to really getting good at it.
    Fingers crossed X
    It'll be delayed until october at earliest 100%.

R8 is terrible in communication, so only trust the release date from R8's twitter, which is the only place where they communicate a little.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Santuz_rocks

Idea: they're planning a PS Plus release (like the summer hit Fall Guys and the amazing Rocket League years ago) in order to boost playerbase and popularity on twitch...it was a great idea for indie multiplayer titles and it should work again

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by santuz_rocks View Post
    Idea: they're planning a PS Plus release (like the summer hit Fall Guys and the amazing Rocket League years ago) in order to boost playerbase and popularity on twitch...it was a great idea for indie multiplayer titles and it should work again
    PACER is 39.99 euros on PC. If your goal is to make it popular, then you need streamers to play it, which means it needs to be reasonably priced or even free. There's a reason why among us is one of the most popular games out there right now, despite it only having 10 players when it was first released 2 years ago.If you make it free on PS4, then it should be free on PC too or the price should be adjusted to like 10-20, kinda like fall guys is

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

It would seem that the delays are being caused solely by Microsoft accreditation, if that involves Crossplay I don’t know.
    From what others are telling me Microsoft are well known for being very slow with this.

What I do know is Sony on its Push Square site has had Pacer as a upcoming release twice , the last with September listed, hell Sony even showed a streamed showcase of Pacer 2 weeks ago, so the PS 4 version is obviously not the problem.

Unfortunately Pacer has been totally removed yet again from the Push Square upcoming game list😫, not shifted to a new possible month of release even, which is not a good sign.

All we can do is sit and wait , but tbh I’d be surprised if we get it before Xmas at this rate.

Just as well for me as I’m stuck in hospital after visiting for bad back - hip pains and a possible minor stroke, only to find after a battery of test that I have advanced Prostate cancer☹️

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Shiiiiiit. All the best to you!

F*ck man, good luck.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Whit!! That is not good! Mate, just be well.

stevie

Never mind the game, I'm sorry to hear about your bad news!
    All the best to you 😔

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Concealed Sequence View Post
    Never mind the game, I'm sorry to hear about your bad news!
    All the best to you 😔
    Cheers guys😊
    I should run a pole asking what will be released first , me or Pacer LoL.

I must be a age thing , IÂ’m 60, as my Dr ordered some blood tests about 2 Years ago that said that I was in the range for it, but I brushed it off and never followed up with a specific prostrate test ( only stupid reason is I absolutely hate blood tests, I nearly pass out every time, itÂ’s not a needle thing)

They gave me two shots in the gut to lower my testosterone and all the pain went within a day, which was good.
    Still got a bone scan test in a couple of hours and some biopsy due whenever, wish they would tell me as I think that will be the last test.
    Then I suppose theyÂ’ll work out a treatment plan.
    I got some good news from the bone guy yesterday about my leg - hip saying than with drugs and radiotherapy the bone - damage should repair, which tbh has been my biggest concern, as I didnÂ’t fancy myself as needing crutches or like to get around, I was told jogging is no longer on the cards but ok to cycle 😀
    IÂ’ve just been looking up medical marijuana in Australia to cover nausea from treatment( IÂ’ve seen first hand how bad that can be ),itÂ’s in very early stages of availability here, and looks stupidly expensive Aus $150-$300 per month for certified and consistent strength oil.
    I suppose there is always a more unreliable source🤪 but IÂ’d rather not smoke it tbh as smoking it doesnÂ’t last as long as ingested .

Very early days with this, IÂ’m optimistic as IÂ’m feeling better already, I suppose IÂ’ll have to wait and see just how bad it is and just what prospects I have.
    **** happens 🤔
    If your hitting 50 ish get your Dr to do a blood test for it, and follow up unlike me, if they catch it early you should have no problem treatment, unlike me leaving it go find the leaky tap has flooded the basement situation 😂

I'm glad to hear your bit of good news and that you're being positive about it. Thinking of you mate 🤞👍

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

All the best, mate. Hang in there!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Thanks.

I've been in hospital for a week and just got discharged with my papers.

After reading them it seems things are much much worse than I thought.

I'm basically riddled with cancer in my spine, head, ribs, hips, pretty much everywhere according to this report, talk about a shock

I start Radiotherapy next Thursday for 5 treatments, and have to visit oncology to sort when I start Chemo the same day.....for how long?
    Will Chemo help ?......if I posted my discharge papers and you read them you would probably say No.

The bit that worries me the most now is the report from the MRI scan of my skull [I spend 4.5 hours having a full body MRI scan, scary], it basically says I'm likely to suffer more issues like I have of lost hearing, eyesight, speech over time.
    And seeing how progressed it is, that might not be far off as it's already effected me.

I don't want to go out a blind, dribbling, speechless vegetable.
    I won't know what the results of any treatment will be until Feb 2021, but I am no longer optimistic, and neither is my sister in-law who knows about this stuff, and broke it to my brother when I sent her a copy of the report....shell shocked I think you could say he was.

Time for me to quickly make up a Bucket list it would seem.

It's been nice racing and talking with the forum members over the years, I hope to do a bit more of it before I kick the bucket.
    I just thought I'd mention it if you suddenly never hear from me again, at least you will have known what had happened to me.

I might get a AG racing suit made and be cremated with my NegCon in my hands and wearing my VR helmet LOL.
    Best way for a Wipeout tragic to go out I think.

As for PACER.......well Microsoft better get their crap together so PACER does get released and I do eventually get to play it.
    I'll come back and haunt them if I don't

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Oh man, that's terrible, I'm at a loss for words...
    All the best to you and your family, stay strong, fight back, and try to enjoy every minute of pure life from now on

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Thanks habib.

In all honesty, it's not really bothering me.

It bothering me that it's bothering my family more than anything.

Western culture always has a had weird disconnection with death.
    It would rather try to scientifically disprove it and try to overcome it, rather than embrace it for it's inevitability

Death is the last part of life, it's not like it's something you can avoid, and I've always been well aware of that since I was a kid traveling around the world with my parents and watching different cultures, sort of like the way Indians look at death, they just don't worry about it because they know there is more than just this perceived momentary mortal existence we have of it.

Were are all light !

EDIT: R8 issued a bit of news regarding the delay on their twitter feed.
    https://twitter.com/R8Games
    Shouldn't be long now......LOL
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 1st October 2020 at 12:18 PM.

Sorry to hear, blackwiggle, I don’t know you but your nickname has been a familiarity to me for 14 years (we joined same month, same year) and I’ve enjoyed reading you, and still will.

As eLhabib says, stay strong regardless of what happens. I love that you’re so open and at peace with it, and that you’re letting us know. Fly high
    Last edited by AdHoc; 5th October 2020 at 09:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

I can only repeat what has already been said; there are a few names on this board that kept it going through all these years, to this very day – and yours is one of them truly! Stay strong mate!

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

In light of such circumstances mere words sound so shallow. I admire that you take it as strong as you do. I´m not esoteric at all, but I believe positivity might have a, well, positive influence on your body´s persistence. I already read your comment in the Pacer group on PS and had to drop a comment here. My thoughts are with you. All the best, even if it seems to be a big fight.