Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NO new WipEout game announced with PS5, sadness ensues

Default NO new WipEout game announced with PS5, sadness ensues

Just felt like expressing my (expected, yet still deeply felt) disappointment when witnessing no new WipEout game announcement with the Playstation 5.

One shouldn’t stop dreaming and hoping though, life is full of surprises. See you guys soon

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'm actually glad there isn't any probability we'll get a new wipEout - it would never live up to my expectations mixed with nostalgia anyways.
    In the last couple of years, literally every new game that came out as a renewal of a classic game has been extremely disappointing to me. I guess the majority of gamers out there (ages 15-25) just want a totally different experience in a game than what I like.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Surprise, surprise

I fully agree with eLhabib on that though. Most likely WipEout we could get is another reheat of Pure and Pulse tracks with chart music this time around.
    And yeah, modern game releases don't really hook me either, though I am "far" 25...

You guys sound so bitter. I’d love any new WipEout content, whichever form it takes, a long as it stays true to its heritage. Omega Collection wasn’t quite what we’d hoped for, but still a nice surprise.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    ... long as it stays true to its heritage...
    Therein lies the problem. No wipEout has managed to recreate the 90ies future flair of the original trilogy. Or the handling, for that matter.

You’re just a purist/elitist then, because many have found deep joy in (most of) the games that followed the original trilogy, which is actually far from perfect in many respects. I prefer playing WOHD over the first games. And before you ask, yes, I started playing WO when it first came out.

Saying that you’re glad no new game is announced is selfish and nihilistic.
    Last edited by AdHoc; 22nd June 2020 at 01:15 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Your way of dismissing differing opinions with words you don't know the meaning of is selfish.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

There's always ballistic NG developed by this beautifulcommunity, that game's got my interest.

The better games come out toward the end of a console's lifespan anyways. Take it easy, maybe a great one will come later who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    Your way of dismissing differing opinions with words you don't know the meaning of is selfish.
    Yeah nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    The better games come out toward the end of a console's lifespan anyways. Take it easy, maybe a great one will come later who knows.
    Now that’s the spirit!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wipe64

Well I don’t know why some of you don’t want a new game. My favorite WipEout games are 2097, 3 and Fusion (yes Fusion I know) but that did not prevent me from enjoying the other WipEout games, which I spent thousand of hours on.

Omega collection even though it was a remaster of a remaster, was a great surprise and the VR update was just awesome. Just go on the PSVR reddit and you’ll see WipEout is ranked as one of the best VR game out there, even among people that didn’t play WipEout before.

And that’s why I think we will get a new WipEout for the PSVR2 but we’ll have to wait

PSN ID

Am I crazy for thinking a Wipeout for the switch would he cool? Or a new mobile device? I'm not a big VR fan though I like to be aware of my surroundings.

Any new quality content from that franchise would be cool and welcome. Doesn’t matter the platform, it’s all about the IP being alive and actively used (new games, new technology, merch, movies, whatever).

Like WikEv_512 said just above, we can hope for something on PSVR2

PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by AdHoc View Post
    we can hope for something on PSVR2
    Why, are you invested in them?

Not at all, but it would make sense. Sony explored the potential of WO in VR, and the result was great. Might be a good incentive for them to expand the concept.

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

I tuned in and enjoyed seeing WipEout in the opening PS4 montage, didn't expect to see a new one, but i always thought maybe the guys that worked on Omega Collection would remake 2097 in the same engine or something. Would of loved even a smaller digital download for PS5 launch. Or even as a Tech Demo for the PS5.

There has been a WipEout on every PlayStation so far, including portables, it would be a shame to break the tradition...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Well, Psygnosis/Studio Liverpool don't exist anymore, so that's very unlikely to happen. And IF it somehow would happen, the result will most likely be far removed from its heritage.

PSN ID

Welp if they did, I'd dig it if they started by remaking the original. There was something out of this world about it, it really set the tone for making each entry have it's own dreamy atmosphere. It would be pretty trippy to revisit.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    wipe64

Well Studio Liverpool still exists actually. When SL closed, some members actually founded Firesprite. You can check on Facebook, they even mention their past with WipEout in their description. And they still work with Sony. They made Persistance for the PSVR. Which was well received.

And two weeks ago they put a picture of a cake on FB. I postre a com saying that it would give them the strength they needed for a new WipEout and they replied with « oh yoouuuu <3 »

SO WIPEOUT PS5 CONFIRMED

Joking but I hope so^^

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Well, Psygnosis/Studio Liverpool don't exist anymore, so that's very unlikely to happen. And IF it somehow would happen, the result will most likely be far removed from its heritage.
    Such a sourpuss.

People with talent are more than capable of working with existing material, expanding it and doing it justice, as can be witnessed in the rest of the entertainment industry. I can’t wait for the next episode, and I wager it’ll be a cracker of a game we’ll all enjoy (except you and your bitter German friend of course ).
    Last edited by AdHoc; 28th June 2020 at 02:14 AM.