Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PACER- FINALLY- APRIL release [if all goes well]

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    They don't know, or are not telling ATM.
    I only got the heads up from a very brief Twitter post by one of the developers.

R8 have no communication skills. Period
    At this rate, i wouldn't be surprised if they keep delaying it just so they hope to be contacted by epic games for exclusivity deals

Although I'm not too interested in pacer. A friend hooked me up with a steam key around a year ago, it's okay I guess, but I've been waiting out on the actual update

It's pretty embarrassing that R8 has a community manager (at least from what i've seen) yet the communication is still awful

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

R8 themselves introduced me to their 'New Communications Guy' called Kieran over a year ago, but when I went to contact him via my PS4 a few weeks later, I'm talking about 3 weeks at the max, he said he wasn't working for them anymore [he's still on friends list]

I don't know about Epic games and if R8 intend to go that route, as it would seem to me if a exclusive deal were to be signed with Epic games, then R8 could find themselves on the end of a class action law suite brought by purchasers of Formula Fusion that have been promised a free update to PACER on STEAM, not to mention all the Kickstarter people

Apparently the current server is down [from reports at the PACER discussion site] so something is afoot.
    There was promise of a new track revel on Twitter last week

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    R8 themselves introduced me to their 'New Communications Guy' called Kieran over a year ago, but when I went to contact him via my PS4 a few weeks later, I'm talking about 3 weeks at the max, he said he wasn't working for them anymore [he's still on friends list]

I don't know about Epic games and if R8 intend to go that route, as it would seem to me if a exclusive deal were to be signed with Epic games, then R8 could find themselves on the end of a class action law suite brought by purchasers of Formula Fusion that have been promised a free update to PACER on STEAM, not to mention all the Kickstarter people

Apparently the current server is down [from reports at the PACER discussion site] so something is afoot.
    There was promise of a new track revel on Twitter last week
    Ha, they already did it with Shenmue 3 and said that there would be no refunds for those who backed it for steam version, but the backlash got pretty huge that they just had to refund those who backed for steam if asked

Metro exodus got pulled off 2 weeks before the release date, but those who pre-ordered, could keep the game

It's why I'm not excited over popular indie games anymore until the game is officially out on the platform i want it on, because epic seems to offer exclusivity deals left and right for indie companies for their awful launcher just before the official steam release. Wouldn't be surprised if they are asking pacer devs around a month before it's out.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

R8 just released a very short video of new track UMA V South Africa.
    Two things I noticed, it stills says being released on STEAM, and secondly the weapons still look crappy.....if they are still basically ineffective / waste of time, I guess we won't know until we get our hands on it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBC8DkUCZJA

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

At this point I might as well have backed up Star Citizen. Jebus....