Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PACER- FINALLY- APRIL release [if all goes well]

That might not be the case blackwiggle!

R8 Games
    @R8Games

24 Mar
    /// Communication Update

[ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED + TROPHY EARNED]

Description: PACER has been successfully submitted to Microsoft and Sony for pre-flight checks! Essentially, a more futuristic, anti-grav version of an MOT!

Release date announcement incoming - be ready.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Concealed Sequence View Post
    That might not be the case blackwiggle!

R8 Games
    @R8Games

24 Mar
    /// Communication Update

[ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED + TROPHY EARNED]

Description: PACER has been successfully submitted to Microsoft and Sony for pre-flight checks! Essentially, a more futuristic, anti-grav version of an MOT!

Release date announcement incoming - be ready.
    Well with this CV-19 hitting world wide, and R8 not even submitting the game till late March to get it's Gold Pass, they'd be lucky if a April release was still possible.
    They have a knack of shooting themselves in the foot, time and time again.

Even if it does get released, a vast amount of people that would have bought the game might not be able to now, due to suddenly finding themselves either unemployed, or at least with reduced working hours.
    It would be hard to justify the purchase if you don't have the money for essentials or to pay the rent.

PSN ID
    Sphereshift

Yes, on the one hand, many people certainly find themselver in a dire situation regarding money. On the other hand, sales of games in general went up drastically cause the people have more money at their disposal that they do not spend elsewhere and are bored at home. Some one can only speculate. I surely hope that it is not postponed until the release of C2077. For their sake and mine

Well, only time will tell. We are where we are....

PSN ID
    EienZero

Is the release of Pacer on consoles ever gonna happen? I've been checking everywhere, website, steam, google, not a single little piece of activity whatsoever since loooong ago, indeed I would say this post is the most recently updated of all the internet right now... but it smells ugly

Typical vaporware.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

As usual R8 hit a snag [Although nothing has been said about it by them....nothing strange there ]

Late April Sony updated the PS4 development kit and added a new clause for games being submitted for release, it stipulates that any new game has to be proven to run on PS5 hardware.
    This happen exactly at the same time R8 had submitted PACER to Sony and Microsoft for OK.

As far as I know, R8 didn't have a PS5 development kit, so it wasn't something that had or could be done by them, so it's either them waiting to get a PS5 development kit and being worked on yet again to for fill the needed brief, or they have decided to mothball the game and wait untill the Unreal 5 engine comes out, and release it on the PS5.

Apparently not all games written for the PS4 will work on the PS5 hardware, something to do with some software algrorithms used too slow for the PS5's processing speed.

I'm none the wiser on what's actually going on behind the scenes.

I logged onto Steam a few minutes ago and saw one of the developers was playing the game.

Pity they can't put their controller down and post something in the PACER discussion section at STEAM.

I know they won't post here.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Attachment 11128

New release date Q3 2020

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Release "date"

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

They don't know, or are not telling ATM.
    I only got the heads up from a very brief Twitter post by one of the developers.

R8 have no communication skills. Period