Thread: Avalon. The Summoning.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Default Avalon. The Summoning.

Hey guys, long time no see. Definitely.
    Just wanting to try something here. Maybe it's too late. Maybe it's not.
    I'm summoning the ancient gods of Wipeout. All of them.
    10 years after.
    Maybe I'm a fool.
    I can't help myself. Wipeout is part of my life.
    So here's the thing. I'm rusty but who cares.
    Just want to know if you guys are interested to wipe out these Sony servers a last time.
    It's still a wonder. A dream.
    But there's still a chance.
    Basic idea is.
    At least 2 hosts at my house (optical).
    I'm inviting. Summoning. All my old friends. It's a bit small but who cares.

I've launched this crowd funding thing, cos' I know lots of us like me didn't pay for online play. Be sure I'm up to put some money for you guys, if the hype here is lit.
    The last Avalon of all times. Nuff said.

http://www.leetchi.com/c/avalon
    Last edited by kanar; 18th August 2019 at 06:23 PM.

Nice to see you kanar! This sounds like a wipeoutcon and it's amazing, i would've liked to come, but unfortunately i don't have money and time to travel if it's an online tournament, maybe yes!

this place is nearly desertic nowadays.

see ya!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

Hey mate, thanks for the reply. Yeah I see there's not so much activity here. But I just wanted to give it a try, after all these years. So let's see what happens (or not).
    I used to host a tiny tournament named Avalon on ps3, during all the selected week-end. Sometimes I had guest stars at home. I met Assayeah, Leungbok, Kaori, wotan. Great times.
    Despite I'm totally retired and absolutely awful on omega, I thought it could be fun to bring back the old band one last time. And meet the new ones of course.
    So it's still a wish for the moment. A TBA date, and this pay per play for the online which is a bad thing for this kind of meeting. My plan was to offer some one month cards through the crowd funding link. Depends on how much people will be interested.
    Sorry for my English, it's been a long time

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    JuiceStickers

Nearly a decade later and Avalon is still kicking. In some way or form anyway. I never got to participate in the tournaments but here’s hoping it can be resurrected in some way. It’s not much and it’s definitely not Avalon but I’ll be hosting some races on Omega’s US server on Fridays around 2100 CST (GMT-6). If there’s any interest we can always go from there. Maybe even start a Discord.