Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Collection free on PS Plus in August

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

Default Omega Collection free on PS Plus in August

WipEout Omega Collection free on PS Plus from 6th August - 2nd September.

Hopefully this will re-ignite the online lobbies for a while and give some people the chance to experience online properly and also grab a couple of trophies they may have missed.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah, you'll get a small spike with online players that will last about 2 weeks, most will be from the USA I imagine [As most EURO based players will already have it], and being American, most will gravitate to playing Eliminator if things run true to past form

The same thing happened when WO HD was given away after the hacking incident on the PS3.

You just have to read the posts at the Sony blog, most people are happy about Augusts free games, but by the same token, more are talking about Sniper Elite 4 than the Omega collection.

I'll download it anyway, as I have the disc version which doesn't have the Van Uber craft

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Yeah I was just gonna say, happy to see new people play the game, but 99.9% of them will never get past flash speed and exclusively play eliminator online, so, nothing for us veterans to get excited about...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Well to be fair, when you have veterans playing against new comers, I imagine that most first time pilots will be put off by losing races by DNF.

Please everyone be polite, friendly and try to get some people to at least attempt to master the steep learning curve. I myself plan to play with a handicap in an attempt to keep the races closer.

I'm also hoping to see some long time friends log in, in hopes of seeing people online for once.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

What I meant was that only 0.001% of new players will likely stick to it long enough to get good.
    I play 2048 exclusively online and I usually pick Quirex agility (slowest craft in the game) until someone beats me.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I plan to fly EGX in HD, and Qirex Combat to try to handicap myself to even things up. At least until I see one of you gents join the race.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'll have a go once the PS+ freebie is live, but TBH I'm getting too old, God I'll be 60 next April , but my main reason that I don't play online is my internet is too slow to play on the UK server from Australia, it just so controller throwingly frustrating [Currently running about 9MBPS -due to finally get upgraded to 100MBPS internet around FEB 2020], and the time difference is a killer, especially due to reason one.

OT: Have either of you guys got wind about a new WO being made for the PS5 release ?......I've had a few P.M's from 2 different people about this [because apparently they have been asked if they were interested to be involved - By who they didn't reveal ], but that's as much as I've heard.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

What do I have to do to get involved too?

Yeah, I think I'll stick around a bit too this month. I'm not as difficult to beat as most of you here anyway ^^;
    Last edited by Jonny; 5th August 2019 at 08:31 AM. Reason: fOrMAtiOn

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    OT: Have either of you guys got wind about a new WO being made for the PS5 release ?......I've had a few P.M's from 2 different people about this [because apparently they have been asked if they were interested to be involved - By who they didn't reveal ], but that's as much as I've heard.
    I'd be very surprised if this was actually happening, but I would absolutely love it! And you just gave me hope again, curse you! *shakes fist at sky*
    And those two people who were asked to be involved... they... DECLINED?!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I don't know if they declined or accepted, I don't even know exactly what the invitation RE: Involvement was, but if I thought that it involved high level 'Test piloting / Bug Testing', I think you might be able to guess who, out of several candidates, might of been the people asked........Not quite sure if both are forum members.....one is a PS4 WOZone 'Community Member', not sure on the status of the other......WO Veteran I think [Probably a member of both]

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

I'll probably get back on once it's live on plus too, especially at the weekend.

With regards to new WipEout, Studio Liverpool had a new game in development for the PS4 before they were shuttered, so one can assume any new game, could be this, just finished and reworked for the next generation. And after all, every PlayStation has had a WipEout...and the PS5 is coming.....so......

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Yeah, that WO that never made it to fruition, be it true or not , is pretty well known about at this forum.
    But the more I think about it, maybe it just might of been a 'Console' version of 2048 that was being made, with different menus, but then I double think that with , well why wouldn't they have released it at the same time as the VITA version.....who knows?

I'm sure there are plenty of WO tracks and new craft in various stages of completion that nobody except those who worked on them have seen, it stands to reason given how long SL/ Psygnosis was operational.

Even the guys at R8 games, having a very small design team, have several tracks [about 6] that have yet to be seen in the full game of PACER [Formally known as Formula Fusion]....I've recorded videos when I was testing them.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Well for some reason the PS+ games are available to be downloaded now, well at least in Australia [It usually works on a timezone system, but even this one is 24 hours ahead of usual]

I found that you can select the Omega Pack, but all I got was the Digital Art book, not a downloadable version of the game.

If for some reason it's been detected that I already have a DISC version, which has disallowed the download version to work, I don't know, either way it a bit of a bummer as it means that I still don't get to pilot Van Uber.

Maybe I'll try again in 24 hours time......it might just be some glitch ?

PSN ID
    TheWalkingFroggy

Just made a jump today on Wipeout after looooong time and I was glad to see a full lobby list. Even if I think it won't be for too long..

T here were 10 lobbies, but there would be more if it wasnt for the "bug" that let you display only 10 and doesnt let you scroll, also as I remember you can only choose lobbies of your region. These thing need to be fixed.. online could be more active, specially now that it's receiving a sprint with PS Plus.

Also I already know that probably most people will give up since Wipeout is an extremely hard game.. a good detailed tutorial in-game is what this game also misses. Like, a tutorial that lets you notice all the particular and most advanced techinques.. you have to learn them on your own by focusing on the game

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    Well for some reason the PS+ games are available to be downloaded now, well at least in Australia [It usually works on a timezone system, but even this one is 24 hours ahead of usual]

I found that you can select the Omega Pack, but all I got was the Digital Art book, not a downloadable version of the game.

If for some reason it's been detected that I already have a DISC version, which has disallowed the download version to work, I don't know, either way it a bit of a bummer as it means that I still don't get to pilot Van Uber.

Maybe I'll try again in 24 hours time......it might just be some glitch ?
    Same happened with me and the handsome Jack collection. You're doing too have to uninstall the disc version before you download or install the digital version.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Welp, having spent an entire night on it, wipeout is kinda backish? Same vets and rivals were all there, but mostly I spent my time emptying venom and flash lobbies. 9 friend requests later, and I got one "long time no see" message.

I did get a record 14 "you cheated and I'm reporting you" messages. Maybe it's a be careful what you wish for situation.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by mannjon View Post
    ... but mostly I spent my time emptying venom and flash lobbies ...
    If you want the wipEout scene to regrow, please don't do that. There's no fun in beating newbies by half a minute anyway. Just wait for them in phantom/A+ when they're already invested in the game.

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

Nice, good to here the lobbies are full.

Also, it has been mentioned, but totally worth mentioning again, if anyone owns the disc version, uninstall it and then go to the store and get the PS Plus digital version as it includes the pre-order ship, Van-Uber.

Totally worth it for any hardcore fans that missed out on the ship before.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

So it's essentially the digital version that always was, but for free?

I'll need to check if I even have Van Uber - my copy was from a code I was passed by the devs after the WipEout retrospective thing, so I don't know if there's anything special about it. (i.e. might be vanilla and not "pre-order")

Good to see people are jumping back on. I haven't played since I tried it with PSVR about six months ago and almost barfed after a handful of races!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    If you want the wipEout scene to regrow, please don't do that. There's no fun in beating newbies by half a minute anyway. Just wait for them in phantom/A+ when they're already invested in the game.
    The problem was that some of my old rivals kept showing up in the same lobbies! At least I saw very few elimination lobbies.