Thread: Problem adding funds to wallet on PS4 since system update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I could buy prepaid cards, but the stupid thing is the largest amount for sale here in Aus is $50, so just to buy a preorder version of 'Days Gone' which is Aus $99 or $114 for the deluxe version, means I would have to by at least two just to pay for one game. and once I used them my wallet would then again be pretty much empty, plus I would be charged GST/VAT on each of those purchases.

I shouldn't have to go through such a protracted procedure just to add funds to my wallet

I tried again to top up via my PS3 but then received a error code, which once I looked up what that error code donated, found out that my account had been frozen for 48 hours, as it deemed my failed attempts to top up my account a attempted hack or something similar.
    The thing is I don't know when that 48 hour period started, when I last tried to add funds? or when my Bank sent me a text asking if it was actually me trying do the transaction?
    I'm worried if I try add funds again while the block is still active, it might prolong that to another 48 hours.

It could all be sorted quite easily if Sony fixed the none detection of current wallet amount from the MAX available top-up amount, which is how it was, and how it still appears on the PS3 when trying to do the same.

I'm in Aus, and the PStore we used is in the UK, it's bad enough trying to get hold of somebody from Sony here in Aus for support, you can imagine what chance I have of getting somebody from Sony UK to sort the problem out.

I posted at the UK Sony Playstation forums about the problem, hoping somebody that was actually from Sony would read and act on it, but my thread got overrun by other forum members from all over Europe that just can't comprehend just what the problem is, so I've given up as that as a avenue of getting the problem fixed.

This not exactly the way I would have wanted to celebrate my 4000th forum post
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 19th April 2019 at 08:47 AM.