Thread: Relaunched Formula Fusion to get name change to 'PACER'-June release

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

They used to have a demo version on Steam, and I expect it might return for PACER, but as that was of a unfinished game, it was a double edged sword, and garnered as much criticism as it did positive comments.

As for the video above, all I can say is apart from the new track it doesn't seem, on the basis of that video, that much has changed.
    It looks like the craft handling is still pretty much the same, but TBH you can't really tell until you get your hands on it......I didn't see much of weapons fire on the new track, so that's still a unknown quantity at this stage.

One thing that was emphasized, and should be noted for those that have yet to try the game, is that it differs from Wipeout in one major factor, and that is you can't keep you thumb fully depressed on the accelerate button at all times....well maybe on the slower speed classes on some tracks, but generally speaking it would be inadvisable, and suicidal with the fastest speed classes.

It's all about speed management, and keeping your crafts Health high enough to finish the race, and when you see the length of some of the tracks you'll realize that isn't going to be as easy as you might think.

It does help that unlike Wipeout, the accelerate button on PACER is actually a Throttle, and on a PS4 controller would be best mapped to either L2/R2 analog triggers, as that will give you the finest control.
    Air brakes/braking works more like they did on the PSone Wipeouts, and side shift is achieved in the same manner, by using the opposite air brake to the direction you are steering, it's more of a Side Slide of the crafts rear end, rather than a true side shift.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 11th April 2019 at 11:01 PM.