Thread: GRIP out today

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

Default GRIP out today

GRIP, the spiritual successor to the Rollcage/Firebugs games is out today! Anyone getting it? Looks pretty neat, love the rotating cover they did, so it reads GRIP either way up!

I played Rollcage and Rollcage: Stage II, found them quite hard to master. Never got around to Firebugs (i think this was conceived as Rollcage 3 but transition to a different title aimed at a lower age group to reflect the market that were still playing PS1 at the end of it's life cycle)

This looks like it sticks to the original formula.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    BlueWolf9498

I might buy it soon , it really just depends on how the online looks. i don't want to be out on the track by myself

I bought it, won’t have time to get into it until this weekend. Ill have to play rollcage again to make a comparison

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I have it. It's a great game reminds me a lot of Rollcage but at the same time, it's not. Not in a bad way either I think it's harder than Rollcage definitely the cars are tricker to control plus the tracks themselves, if your not careful you'll find yourself planted face first into an object, wall, pillar etc. I do not recall this sort of dead stoppery much in the Rolllcage games but this isn't a bad point, you just have to learn.

Some of the weapons feel like they jumped straight out the old games, they are in general harder to use though a lock on is no guarantee they will hit, except the Assassin missile that's coming for you end of story

Car customisation is also awesome, I attached one of mine hereGrip Screenshot 2018.11.16 - 15.32.37.62.jpg

PSN ID
    Renegade_Fire_

I've been enjoying it for the most part, the 'dead stoppery' you speak of has led to me just turning it off a couple of time. During a 3 lap race in a championship, and leading the entire time just to be randomly thrown into a solid wall or odd piece of track design is frustrating. It's fine for the most part, the track design and variation of environments is great, but here and there, i've found a few odd choices which just destroys the nice flow of a race and it's annoyed me!

Also i think a couple of trophies are glitched, for example i've won multiple races, yet not got the 'win your first race' trophy. Bit annoying.

It's a budget release, so i still recommend it for fans of futuristic racers, and when it's inevitably cheaper / PSN sale, definitely grab it.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

If your playing on PC its around 22 quid on steam decent price for what you get

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

The issue with obstacles stopping you dead in your tracks is actually worse in Rollcage, but it's always been a flaw in the series. Track obstacles are counterintuitive for a game where you can reach air-particle-ionizing speed. Same issue as Sonic games - go fast, get punished for going fast. Even WipEout has this problem in some games, like Fusion and 2048, especially with the AI opponents pushing you into them.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Got a limited edition GRIP and honestly it's minted! Yeah it is similar to Rollcage. Enjoying atm.

Stevie 😊