Thread: New update - Finally-Plus Test Pilot skins.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I don't know what we will end up with in the end TBH, as basically the updates have been so few and far between [2 in 12 months, and both relatively minor at that], and commenting on them seems pointless to be honest, since as you say there is a severe lack of communication.
    They seem to be going off and doing their own thing regardless of past feedback.
    The Test Pilot forum, even when it was still up and running, seemed to have little interaction between the testers and the developers, so people stopped posting and it ended up a graveyard.

I mean when you look at the size of the team building it [6 or 7 people], and the change of those personnel over the last 4 years, is it really a surprise that they seem more intent on working on the game than talking about it?
    They had every intention of keeping people in the loop, but obviously that intention went the way of the Dodo, or the person charged with looking after it left.....even their Farcebook page han't been updated since around Jan.

One thing has become obvious, it is NOT a Wipeout clone.......far from it.
    It has the potential to be something much bigger, and much more involved.........but this is the big question, has working on all this available craft/weapon/handling/race types/day-night versions of tracks etc alteration been worth it?
    Has it ? or will it be seen as ?, a waste of time building it, in the long run if people end up thinking, stuff it I just want to race, this is too involved for me.

That's my fear.
    I don't fear that it won't end up a polished product, I doubt they would persist with it if they were in the situation where they though they couldn't produce that, especially since they now have publishers money behind them.

My fear is people might be disinterested once it's released....that would be the real shame.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Due to a quirk in the way I bought my TPP, I have a second code for that skin.
    Did anyone here jump on board later and want a TPP skin code?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

What a huge disappointment that skin is.
    You would have thought after all the patience shown, and having to deal with all the stuff up's along the way, that they would have come up with something a LOT better than a Two drab burnt Orange stripes down each side of the craft.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

I had to visit each skin multiple times to differentiate the TPP and Kickstarter skins (different colour stripes)
    On most ships I don't see why you'd use anything other than the tDR skin with pink exhausts

The Ai is only in the the Midtown good all others Tracks is the Ai to slowly.