Thread: Wipeout HD beta preservation

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Default Wipeout HD beta preservation

I have 2 builds of Wipeout HD that I would like to share to collectors. This is in preservation purposes. It is the somewhat famous epilepsy-version of Wipeout HD. I would rather call it review-version March 2008 and it is a game convention version called review November 2007. Let me know if there is any interest and I will share a dropbox-link.

This should be done for Pure aswell. I have at least 3 betas that are surely very rare. Anyway let me know who wants these files.

Hey dude, i'm interested on seeing this! You can send in PM if you want to.

Hi multibodydynamics

I'm new here in forum and i love all WipeOut series (especially WipEout 3 and WipEout Pure).I'm interesting for March 2008 build of WipEout HD in file.If you want to share to me too send me a pm.I have to send you two rare builds :

WipEout Pure (Pre-Production 0.1) (UCED-00017)
    WipEout Pulse (May 4, 2007 internal prototype) (DVD-R Iso).

If you want something too please send me pm.
    Greetings

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I'd be interested in archiving/preserving the builds you have as well
    I think I have 1 of those HD builds as well, should get some footage from it one day

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Wip3outIoannis and I have been hard at work this last week trying to unpack and modify the march 2008 beta so that all 8 tracks are playable. After finally figuring out how to do this I went to bed at 5.00 AM and can gladly confirm that I now have a pkg-file of the game where all 8 tracks are playable, also in zone mode.

Next step is to check with Wip3outIoannis if it is possible to convert it to an iso. This would make the game playable on any jailbroken PS3 and would not require debug firmware. I'm not sure if this is possible to achive.

I will try to do a similar mod with the October 2007 alpha and see if I can unlock the Qirex prototype ship that is present in this version. I will also try to unlock more tracks.

After inspecting the folder structure I can confirm that SL were working with the Fury tracks even before the release of HD. No assetts on these tracks though, only empty folders. More news will follow.

Great work, guys!
    Would this work on a PS3 emulator? Don’t have a JB PS3 unfortunately.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

I only know of one PS3 emulator and it still has pretty poor compatibility. I can't really say other than when we share the ISO you just gotta test and see how it goes.

Awesome thanks, can’t wait!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Prototype Qirex now playable. So is an unfinished EG-X that was present among the assets. Still trying to get the games running in DEX mode with ordinary Rebug firmware. Not quite there yet but still hopeful...

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

Hello friends! I've been off WOZ for quite a long time and now I found this Is this still up? Thank you in advanced!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MrOrbital

Yes. This is something that I actually recently worked on. I'm still checking the code and trying to find more stuff. The version that is most valuable is the November 2007 because it is so unique and different. It is more Pulse in HD rather than the PS3 version. I've found 8 different ships, Repulsor, Shuriken and Head 2 head game mode. I've also unlocked all speed classes. Only 2 tracks available though, Anulpha Pass and Chenghou Project. I'd like to share this as much as possible so that more people can find and unlock stuff. There seems to be a debug menu, at least I can see traces of it in the code but I have not been able to activate it.

I should mention these games are quite easy to play. All that is needed is REBUG firmware. No special settings required except system language has to be set to English.
    Last edited by multibodydynamics; 16th September 2022 at 10:41 AM.