Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WipEURout 2018

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    esistpeaNUTB

Alright! Well, I think I‘d have a great time. I have a lot of friends online who play WipEout wich are far over my age, and I get along with them, so I don’t think this will be a big problem. So is there anything else I need to know? About what I could bring with me, consoles, games, food etc. If yes, we can speak in the DMs if you don’t want to discuss that right here. (Me and my dad are both german)
    Apart from that, I look forward to meeting everyone and having some nice races!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Hostel-wise, I think it would be best to talk to AmigoJack, he booked for himself and GKyl already. And that‘s about everyone who is coming this year by the looks of it, so don’t expect a big convention.
    If you have a PS4 and are able to bring it, please do, same goes for PSVR, PSP, Vita.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Sorry to inform, but unfortunately I won't be able to attend this year, I was in a car accident and my car is RIP (truck hit me), so I can't afford the expenses for this as I need to prioritise them for a new car.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Oh dear - I'm very sorry to hear that! Sounds like you're okay and it's "only" about material and money. Can I help you somehow?

@others: yes, G'Kyl and I already have a room for 6 nights. My train tickets are printed and I'm set for everything already. Would be cool to see (as with every convention so far) a new face again.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Neh, no worries, I'll figure things out (thanks for offering though)
    Most important thing is that nobody got injured, lady in another vehicle was in shock (not surprising if you see a truck coming right at you), but apart from that, everyone was fine, mostly just material damage ;-)
    Last edited by Cipher; 4th August 2018 at 01:00 PM.

Hi all, i'm nugget, cipher already told that i come with friend in the previous posts, if yes, i'm going to book the Flixbux tickets this week, so the date is 100% 10-16 september? we already checked and we should arrive around 8 am of friday 14th.
    Do we need to book a hostel? is there a place\flat where we can sleep? if you can give me some infos it'd be appreciated guys, so we can organize ourselves.

Apart of this, we bring 2 PS1, a link cable, 2 neGcons along with few copies of wo1, 2097 and 3, 1 Nintendo64 with Wo64 and 2 controllers, 1 ps3 and 1 ps4 with the controllers, can't bring any TVs or handelds (i don't own psvitas or psps).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Hi nugget, I'm sorry, but it's a little too late now. Since nobody found the time to come this year, it's just gonna be AmigoJack, GKyl and me hanging out and enjoying Vienna. No big convention and no 'official' tournament this year. I think it would be best if you plan for next year, I hope we can organize something big again with lots of pilots attending.
    cheers,
    eL

Wait, why it's too late now? Cipher and AmigoJack were talking about it just few days ago\a week ago on the posts above? what changed from a week ago? there's still 1 month ahead.
    Who you mean for "nobody"? because as far as i know also peanut wanted to come and maybe another friend of mine from discord, just Cipher and someone else couldn't attend it.
    I don't have any problems to book a hostel\airbnb by myself for me and my friend, if G'Kyl and Amigo already did.
    I wanted to come because this could've been probably the last wipeoutcon since the game is obviously dying and lot of players quitted the game, so i doubt there will be the effort to make another one...
    I don't wanna be rude, but sounds like you just want a private convention for your close friends...btw, it's ok, don't worry. peace.
    Last edited by carbonara2097; 7th August 2018 at 12:21 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

As I wrote to Peanut in a private message, I do not think that this year would be a fun 'convention' for anyone who hasn't been to one of the other cons before, as it's only Amigo, GKyl and myself hanging out. Since noone else replied early, we don't have a location booked for a tournament and are mostly just enjoying vacation together. I'm not saying I don't want you to come. I'm just saying there is no point in expecting a convention and bringing consoles to play, because there is no place planned to do that now.
    And yes, like you said, it's gonny be a pretty private get-together, the 3 of us have known each other personally for years. I doubt that it would be the experience you expect and would encourage you to wait until next year, when I hope we can get something bigger happening again. Have faith

PSN ID
    Thorinx

This thread started in April, after nobody else started any for this year - too bad you haven't noticed earlier. To answer your questions: yes, the dates have been confirmed (as been written in the very first post, and also I would not buy train tickets by chance). Yes, you would have needed to book something yourself. No, there's no place where you can sleep. Your device list is delicious, I would have enjoyed trying to play W'O''60-4 again.

I always write a private message to those who already attended, just for the slight chance they get an e-mail which remembers them this board exists. There's hardly any other way I can imagine where this can seek more attention to newcomers. But everybody is free to give me as many contact details as possible, so I can inform them as soon as possible for the next convention. "As many as possible" because for the average guy e-mail addresses and phone numbers can change every now and then.

When the next year starts, create a thread and stuff it with things that can be achieved - speak: not only ideas, but instead ideas that have been verified (i.e. which location/place is available; which hostel is available; which time frames are available; which consoles/games/controllers are available...). Do that, and do it early. By default, I'm open to spend my apartment again for 2019 in Bad Soden, DE.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I've been off site for a while and only just seen the PM! Shame it didn't work out this year, however I'll be keeping an eye on here again so if a plan goes up early for next year I will endeavour to be there, I mean that first convention how long ago was that? XD

PSN ID
    Thorinx

2007 is 11.5 years ago, it was in March if I remember correctly.

If you don't get PM notifications then PM me a reliable (or better: multiple ones) contact and I'll keep it and use them at the next time.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Switched it back on, I don't recall turning it off tbh but sorted now.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

?
    I should have posted my Facebook page in here. A long time ago.

N I would have paid attention to this big time.

If another one happens this year. I will pay closer attention to the forum.

A lot of things have happen.
    But, being MIA happens