Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WipEURout 2018

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Question WipEURout 2018

Update #1:
    • date is September 10-16th (Mon, 2018-09-10 to Sun, 2018-09-16 = week 37)
    • location is most likely Vienna (Wien), and far less likely Bad Soden (near Frankfurt)
    End of update.

I won't give up that easily:
    who is interesting in a meeting again this year?
    As usual: the competition is optional, the fun is mandatory. Conventions are a great thing to meet people in real you otherwise only know thru texting or eliminating. Over the years scoring the best times and choosing a winner has become less important, while enjoying talking and eating now is the biggest priority.

For those not being familiar with the history books here's a quick overview:
    • 2007: Amsterdam NL - hostel, PSP only.
    • 2008: Amsterdam NL - hostel, PSP only.
    • 2009: Frankfurt DE - hostel for PSP, AmigoJack's apartment for HD.
    • 2010: Paris FR - hostel for PSP, one member's apartment for HD.
    • 2011: Heerhugowaard (near Amsterdam NL) - Mad-Ice's house for PSP and HD.
    • 2012: Frankfurt DE - hostel for PSP, AmigoJack's apartment for HD.
    • 2013: London GB - hostel for PSP, small bar for a PSP meet-up as well.
    • (2014 and 2015 did not happen)
    • 2016: Bad Soden (near Frankfurt DE), AmigoJack's apartment for PSP and HD.
    • 2017: Amsterdam/Heerhugowaard NL - hostel for PSP, Mad-Ice's house for HD and Omega.
    As always I'm open for being a host again: my apartment is big enough to let 3 people sleep on the "guest" room ground, 2 in the living room (although it happens that people stay up all night), 2 more on the kitchen's ground (that was new to me but someone really liked it), and given high temperatures my balcony is large enough to support room for another 6 sleeping people.

Bad Soden is next to Frankfurt, which you can reach by almost everything (car, train, plane, blimp, horses, broomsticks, bicycle...). Whoever arrives at the airport or at the train station and expects to feel lost can be picked up by me personally (yes: 9 years later I still do this despite my age). Hotels are nearby, but expect normal/moderate rates. The hostel in Frankfurt would be the cheapest option but needs you to ride the metro for about 1/2 hour.

Your ideas? Your thoughts? When do you have time for this?
    Last edited by AmigoJack; 24th June 2018 at 09:23 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I'd definitely still be interested in attending another one, although it's slightly more complicated now with a full time job, I'd have to either take a flight (in which case I can't really bring anything with me), or just take a holida, visit the family and end it off with wipeout con

What time stamp were you looking at?

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Ah, there you are!

I'm available for almost any time - it could start right away this weekend, or it could happen in mid November, or anything inbetween. The only exception is last half of May. If we two remain the only ones I could also look into visiting you.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Although I definitely wouldn't mind you coming over, that's currently not possible as I am living in with others and my room is too small to house anyone else (On the lookout for my own place, but finding the proper thing needs time, once that happens i'll prolly host one myself some time ;-))
    I'm not sure how many of the others still regularly read WZ, but I'll mention it in that KIK chat we set up last time at your place

Would be nice to meet up again though, fun times, just gotta wait to hear form the others
    (timing for me would probably be best around july/august i think, but I'm somewhat flexible, just need to plan far enough ahead)

Hope you've been well Michael! ;-)

PSN ID
    Hybrid_Divide

I'd be WISHING I could be there. Alas, I'll be chilling out here in Seattle, biding my time until Arc Prime is built.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Count me in!
    But if we're doing this, I am planning to get 8 PS4s with PSVR together so we can have the first full VR championship
    Good thing is, we won't need screens! (only for spectators)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    LevitatingFatMan/LsDre86

Yeah.. Well after last year when l forgot in my own country l feel sort of forced l have to attend this one 😁 I don't have a schedule for July and August yet, so I can still ask for free days there
    Last edited by J.666; 21st April 2018 at 03:59 PM.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    july/august
    Sounds good, just write down at least 3 weekends you have in mind. Maybe a local holiday on your side kicks in during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    8 PS4s with PSVR
    Is this a joke? Sounds überawesome! Looking back at 2016 I guess 6 should be enough already - if I remember correctly no more than 5 were playing simultaneously. Tell me your favorite 3 weekends as well. Got to honor your long car ride somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by J.666 View Post
    I can still ask for free days
    The sooner we choose one or two dates, the better.

@all: this time I can provide ~10 blankets for the ground, so anyone planning to only bring his sleeping bag should have a more comfortable ground this time. I'm fine with July/August - if we do it (as usual) on a weekend I can also call off work on Friday/Thursday/more even shortly before and surely get it approved, so no problem for me here.

Makes us 4 already, right? AJ, eL, Ci and Dre.
    Last edited by AmigoJack; 26th April 2018 at 09:47 PM. Reason: typos

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Unfortunately l cannot make it this year due l have Far too much to do. But once everything settles then it is a possibly for next year. Sorry

stevie 🙂

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I won't be able to provide any exact dates until somewhere early June Micheal, so please schedule for other people's preference if you need to know it sooner than then and I'll see if I can make it

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Sorry to hear that, Hybrid and stin - I'm always in to see new and old faces.

Well then, looks like these dates are candidates:
    • 2018-06-07 (Thursday) to 2018-06-10 (Sunday)
    • 2018-06-14 (Thursday) to 2018-06-17 (Sunday)
    • 2018-06-21 (Thursday) to 2018-06-24 (Sunday)
    ...and (of course) they're still negotiable, as well as later dates. Only the first weekend in June is not possible for me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

depending on the final date, i could be there again as well. could bring two PS4 and 1 PSVR and 1 PSVita for pure and pulse and 1 PSTV for pure and pulse...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'm sorry, but I think June will be impossible for me - I was thinking August, like last year...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

August would probably work for me as well, I just need to figure out how to organise things, for which i need to check if I can combine a visit to family with wipeoutcon, but August should still work

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Would love to attend again this year, especially if we’re meeting near Frankfurt. I was thinking about visiting some people there this year anyway. Should be a good chance to combine these plans. Preferably in the first half of August, if possible.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Well then it's August, no problem for me either. Also nice to see Jan and Huhn again.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

I won't let this thread die. At the end of the week I'm off to Dublin and Italy (near Milano) for the rest of the month - during that time I will less likely reply.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Haha, no worries, I've been getting myself organised for this and at this point I can say that I'm able to attend and will end up coming by car again, so I'll be able to bring stuff with me (Not taking my full tower with me this time tho, although I'll see if I can't make my Matrox work with my laptop (Looking at an Expresscard/34 to thunderbolt adapter))

I just need to know exact dates now, so I can book my holiday at work and have it approved

If nobody else has a preference, second or third weekend of august would work fine for me

Have a safe & enjoyable trip!
    Last edited by Cipher; 17th May 2018 at 08:10 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi all,

Great to see you are taking the effort to organise this amazing event. If the date is somewhere in August I am going to try everything possible to attend too.

@AmigoJack: have fun during your one month trip. See you soon. Btw: tonight I met eLhabib in Amsterdam. Great night we spent together with his friends. Mini-convention without Wipeout

Greetz Mad-Ice

PSN ID
    Thorinx

August sounds good to me, too - that should also satisfy MAD and EL. Which means it could be
    • 2018-08-02 (Thursday) to 2018-08-05 (Sunday), or
    • 2018-08-16 (Thursday) to 2018-08-19 (Sunday), or
    • any other date.
    Which do you prefer? I'll throw in this one:
    2018-08-09 (Thursday) to 2018-08-12 (Sunday)
    Any objections? As usual, I will contact all recent participants to see if anyone of them wants to come again.
    Last edited by AmigoJack; 20th May 2018 at 08:34 PM. Reason: correct dates