Thread: WipEURout 2018

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Thorinx

Question WipEURout 2018

Update #1:
    • date is September 10-16th (Mon, 2018-09-10 to Sun, 2018-09-16 = week 37)
    • location is most likely Vienna (Wien), and far less likely Bad Soden (near Frankfurt)
    End of update.

I won't give up that easily:
    who is interesting in a meeting again this year?
    As usual: the competition is optional, the fun is mandatory. Conventions are a great thing to meet people in real you otherwise only know thru texting or eliminating. Over the years scoring the best times and choosing a winner has become less important, while enjoying talking and eating now is the biggest priority.

For those not being familiar with the history books here's a quick overview:
    • 2007: Amsterdam NL - hostel, PSP only.
    • 2008: Amsterdam NL - hostel, PSP only.
    • 2009: Frankfurt DE - hostel for PSP, AmigoJack's apartment for HD.
    • 2010: Paris FR - hostel for PSP, one member's apartment for HD.
    • 2011: Heerhugowaard (near Amsterdam NL) - Mad-Ice's house for PSP and HD.
    • 2012: Frankfurt DE - hostel for PSP, AmigoJack's apartment for HD.
    • 2013: London GB - hostel for PSP, small bar for a PSP meet-up as well.
    • (2014 and 2015 did not happen)
    • 2016: Bad Soden (near Frankfurt DE), AmigoJack's apartment for PSP and HD.
    • 2017: Amsterdam/Heerhugowaard NL - hostel for PSP, Mad-Ice's house for HD and Omega.
    As always I'm open for being a host again: my apartment is big enough to let 3 people sleep on the "guest" room ground, 2 in the living room (although it happens that people stay up all night), 2 more on the kitchen's ground (that was new to me but someone really liked it), and given high temperatures my balcony is large enough to support room for another 6 sleeping people.

Bad Soden is next to Frankfurt, which you can reach by almost everything (car, train, plane, blimp, horses, broomsticks, bicycle...). Whoever arrives at the airport or at the train station and expects to feel lost can be picked up by me personally (yes: 9 years later I still do this despite my age). Hotels are nearby, but expect normal/moderate rates. The hostel in Frankfurt would be the cheapest option but needs you to ride the metro for about 1/2 hour.

Your ideas? Your thoughts? When do you have time for this?
    Last edited by AmigoJack; 24th June 2018 at 09:23 PM.