Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WipEURout 2018

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

I agree. I think we need a fixed date to which we can either agree or not. It probably won't work any other way. I'll say I'm still up for anything in September.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Yeah, I don't know if I can make September, my mother would really like me to come over for her birthday in August (which I'm planning to) and it would've been great to combine that (as a trip is at least 400 moneys by car, so doing that twice so shortly after each other makes it a bit expensive for me), if it is still possible, 13-19th of august would work best for me, otherwise I don't think I'll be able to make it this year

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Seems like I have to decide between G'Kyl and Cipher...

@Cipher: where are you currently? If we do this in September then maybe someone coming by car can pick you up, cutting down the costs to you? Maybe it'd be on MAD's route.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

If you don't mind, I have a proposition now - Vienna, in the week of 10-16th September (most likely towards the weekend). Accomodation will not be a problem, as there are lots of hostels near my apartment, and I would also have a place to set up our 8-player madness. As of now, I can only guarantee 3 VR Headsets, but more than that are very likely and of course everyone who has one, can bring it as well. I would require some people to bring their PS4s though.

If this is an option for you, please let me know - if not (which is fine also), we will stick to Amigo's plan.
    Personally, I can't guarantee I'll be available in August, but I will try!

cheers,
    eL

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

@Amigojack I live in the UK nowadays, it's the channel crossing that makes the journey expensive by car ;-)
    If september works best for everyone else, then please don't hesitate to go for that, I simply can't say yet if I can make it (If I do, it would be by plane though, which means I wouldn't be able to take much hardware with me (A single console probably)), same thing goes for Vienna.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Thumbs up

I'm okay with Vienna in September, that would be a 6.5h train ride for me; haven't checked flight prices so far. If anybody says "no, Vienna will never work for me because..." then (near) Frankfurt as the alternative location shall happen on the same dates (around Mon, 2016-09-10 to Sun, 2016-09-16 = week 37). If there is no serious amount of people having issues with Vienna then that's the place to be.

@Cipher: Oh yes, that's too far to get picked up, of course.

@eL: sorry about your friend.

@MAD: yes, giving people just one choice works best (just as we've seen again). I somehow wanted to have both of you: you and G'Kyl.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

So, can we set in the fixed date now for September 10-16th?
    We'll just leave the location open until enough pilots have confirmed that they are attending and we'll figure out what location works better for most.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Thanks Amigo! However, I was late to the party, so I'd be totally okay if you made plans disregarding my priorities.

Having said that though, and in order to keep things rolling: September 10 to 16 sounds good to me.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I shall post back when I know more

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Yes, no matter where it will take place (Vienna more likely than Germany) it will be in that week. Would be my first visit to Wien, and no matter how many we'll be I'm already looking forward seeing at least eL and G'Kyl again!

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Right now are planning our stay: G'Kyl and I will stay in Vienna from 2018-09-09 to 2018-09-16 (Sunday to Sunday, in September) and we're about to book a room in a hostel. MAD wants to come, too, but hasn't confirmed yet. And, of course, eL will be present, too.

Anyone else interested in coming? The time span is (as already told) fixed. Right now the whole thing is a mix of meeting for WipEout and exploring Vienna, hence one full week. Everybody is welcome to join at any time for any given time span.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

I too would be ready to book, but I'd be arriving on the 11th around noon and leaving again at noon on sunday, can't book until we know it goes through or not though

Also, Elhabib has been asking for dates feedback in here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...lling&p=254784
    But I guess you guys already decided

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    can't book until we know it goes through
    Who is "we" and what is "it"? So far a 3 bed room could make sense then, even if that means one bed is free for 2 nights (we just divide the rent thru 3 if that's okay for everyone). For me and G'Kyl both the time and the trip itself is fully confirmed.

Never was aware of eL's poll - after so many years still most people tend to be as inactive as possible when it comes to decisions. No problem for me - more chances to catch a 3rd place finish.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Hehe, it's all good as long as you're coming bro

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Apple-Guy-Cipher

Quote Originally Posted by AmigoJack View Post
    Who is "we" and what is "it"?
    Us in general, with "it" referring to the convention, as in the other thread, Elhabib mentioned that he was thinking of calling it off due to the lack of response, I guess that's no longer the case then?

I was thinking of booking an airBNB instead of a hotel, so you don't have to adjust your booking unless you really wanne bunch up together? lol
    I'm also not sure what Nugget & his friend have planned

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    esistpeaNUTB

Yes, I would have the time to come but only on the weekend. I have school on all other week days.
    Is it okay if I am underaged? I am 13 years old, so if I could come, that would be awesome.

I could bring a bunch of stuff, PSP, PSVita with 2048 and Pure on it, and PSTV with Pure. I could also bring my PS4 and PS3 if needed.
    If you need to get in contact with my parents to organize anything, then I will send you my mom/dads E-Mail in a PM. Thanks

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Sorry guys, plans got in the way for the weekend around the 15th/16th

But now that you are planing to stay the whole week, I might have time early during the workweek. Let me check a few things … Sorry for all the obscurity

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

@peaNUTB: of course this is your / your parents' decision, but all I can say is that I am not sure this trip is for you, as I think you may have a distorted vision of how this is going to play out. We are mostly veterans who enjoy hanging out together, also going to bars and clubs in the evening. Yes, there will be lots of wipEout to be played as well, but not only and not all the time. I don't wanna sound rude, and I certainly don't want to exclude anyone, but I'm just not sure that it will be a lot of fun for a 13-year-old. Plus, I honestly can't imagine a responsible parent sending his kid to a foreign town alone to meet up with strangers from the internet...

@Sausehuhn: make it work! I can't guarantee we will have a big racing event early in the week, as I only have a location planned for friday/saturday, but we'd sure all love to see you again!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    esistpeaNUTB

Yeah, you‘re right. But I would only come to do some races with everyone anyway, like I said, I would only be there for 1-2 days. And of course I‘m not gonna be there alone, my dad is going to come with me obviously.

In other words, I would only be there at the time where everyone plays.
    Last edited by peaNUTB; 10th July 2018 at 03:33 PM.

PSN ID
    Thorinx

@peaNUTB: you're not the first "kid" coming with his dad, we had this already and, of course, both of you are welcome! It's just that we all remember quite well how we used to experience things when being 13 and how it looks now being around 35. We just don't want you to feel bored, as it's surely not pure racing from sundawn to sunset. But if you want to see how a few of the world's best pilots in real then I promise it's worth the visit. If you're German-speaking then you or your dad can also phone us if there are any private questions. Just PM one of us and we'll reply.

@Cipher: the hostel we're about to book looks very promising, and given the rather high prices in Wien I doubt you'll find anything cheaper (without drastically lowering your expectations). Just my opinion.

@Sausehuhn: as usual - if I can lure you with a free beer then come get some!