Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: European WipEout Convention 8

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Question European WipEout Convention 8

What?

Shortcutting the long story: Mad is unable to host/care a convention and now I'm the leader. To those who don't know: it'd be in Germany - either Frankfurt Main (just like in 2012 and 2009) or alternatively Köln (Cologne) if we want to combine it with attending the gamescom.
    Update: Frankfurt only.

When?

Personally I'm able to provide/attend a convention:
    From Wednesday,
    to Wednesday,
    2014-06-11
    2014-07-16.
    From Wednesday,
    to Thursday,
    2014-08-13
    2014-09-04.
    From Tuesday,
    to Everday,
    2014-09-16
    eternity.
    This means I'm open for the following weekends (Saturdays):
    • 2014-06-14 (week 24)
    • 2014-06-21 (week 25)
    • 2014-06-28 (week 26)
    • 2014-07-05 (week 27)
    • 2014-07-12 (week 28), break.
    • 2014-08-16 (week 33) (the gamescom)
    • 2014-08-23 (week 34)
    • 2014-08-30 (week 35), break.
    • 2014-09-20 (week 38) and beyond.

Edit: gamescon is not possible, as the member nearby is occupied already.
    New time window: September, October, November.

Where?

1. In Frankfurt Main the meetings can happen in my apartment. Again. Also up to 5 people are able to sleep here aswell. All others can rest at a hostel not far away that also has a great lobby to play the mobile games. One night ~27 EUR only.
    2. Maybe in Cologne (Köln), but sleeping and daytime location are not known/confirmed yet. KappesKopp lives there and we could do it at the weekend when the gamescom is open from Thursday, 2014-08-14 to Sunday, 2014-08-17 (highest ticket price is 15,50 EUR).
    Update: gamescon is not available.

How?

Like in the past (Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris, Heerhugowaardt, Frankfurt and London) we have to bring most of the stuff ourselves: monitors, PS3, routers, controllers, PSPs... This time it's even harder: it's unsure if Mad is able to contend at all. Likewise Asa will most surely not have time to stop by.

You?

Please reply with the following data:
    1. Are you interested at all this year? When are you able / not able to come?
    2. Where do you want to go? Frankfurt or Cologne? Are you interested in visiting the gamescom?
    3. What can you bring? People having a car could use it to their advantage by bringing i.e. two monitors.
    If things turn out blurry then this year might be the first one without a European convention. As usual: gaming is not the focus - we can have just a meeting aswell.
    Last edited by AmigoJack; 15th June 2014 at 02:55 PM. Reason: update #1: new time window

PSN ID
    Knux_Chaotix

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! I wish I had more notice of this!!! I'll see what I can do though. For me it would be a case of the later in the year the better, purely because Im busy as hell with festivals this year. If I had known sooner I'd have probably not bought a ticket for Creamfields. Been dying to go to EuroCon for ages, but timing has been a massive problem nearly every time. Plus July/August time is usually chaos here for travel because thats when the school holidays are. Loads of people going places, so the costs get pushed up. I really want to go and I really hope I can.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Well I'll say right off the bat that sadly I cannot attend this year For me the notice is not enough for me to make the necessary arrangements for a few reasons.

For example its first come first served for booking in holiday/time off at work so the more in advance I know the better. It is especially difficult with only a few months notice when the convention is held in the summer months of July or August. I understand the weather is better, is this why it was moved from March to August? I'm basing that on the first convention maybe there was a reason given since then I missed it if so, there was more time to prepare for the first too I think about 5 months.

Also it costs a lot more at that time of year due to the fact everyone is going on holiday so flights and travel go through the roof, just another small reason for more notice.

I will say that combining it with gamescom is an excellent idea though

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I ever wanted to visit the gamescon and I ever wanted to visit a WipEout convention PLUS it's not far away and the uocoming 8 weeks of doing NOTHING. So...I'm doing this

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    zeeZinator

Finding a proper place in Cologne during the gamescom weekend is probably going to be a nightmare by now. I'd be down, though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Temet79

Hello,

Sorry Friends, I'll probably won't attend the EWC this year

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    MiKuDev

Thumbs up

Great news Amigo! You can count me in.

I'm fine with following weekends:
    • 2014-07-12 (week 28 ), break.
    • 2014-08-16 (week 33 ) (the gamescom)
    • 2014-08-23 (week 34 )
    • 2014-08-30 (week 35 ), break.
    • 2014-09-20 (week 38 ) and beyond.

Also there is no difference for me where EWC will take place, it can be Cologne or Frankfurt Main. I don't have to go to the gamescom but if group will decide to go there I will also go. I'm also fine with just a meeting, having beer, chatting and maybe a little playing on PS Vita/PSP just for fun (like we did in the park near the Buckingham Palace last year ).

I will probably be traveling by plane so I can bring at last one PS2/PS One, PS3, PSP, PS Vita and almost all WipEout game editions but no monitors unfortunately.

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Well, this year is a no no for me, my life is chaotic atm through my health issues ie, back problems and trying to get sorted it first and then hopefully go from there.
    Now, my wife has a new job but we are trying to sort everything out first before we can do anything. Lastly, l was hoping to meet asa again and now l'm not too sure due far too much to do.

Hopefully for next year if timing right and then you will never know.

Sorry guys and gals.

stevie

PSN ID
    Snakenator1

In Germany?! NOoooOOOOOoooooOOO

I can't afford to fly to Germany cause I'm going to Iceland on July 7th, but I want to go now >.< argh!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Looks like a very empty event ò.Ô

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Nobody announced his interest or created a thread earlier although the EWC always came up yearly. For all those who can't come this year just keep planning for the next year already - the earlier a thread is created the better.

There is no real reason why it shifted from its initial season (in March/April) to later dates - I understand doing it during summer costs more. And as I wrote: this year will most likely miss long-time contenders aswell, so I also want to check out if it's reasonable at all.

The original plan was to do it in France and we'll see if we can realize this next year. I see one new "face" who wants to join: Jonny.

Facts so far:
    yes (6x):
    • AmigoJack
    • Jonny
    • zeeZ
    • dreamerx
    • docfo4r
    • Greevb

undecided (5x):
    • Knux_Chaotix
    • Flint Fandango
    • Rennfisch
    • Kappeskopp!
    • Cipher

no (7x):
    • Rapier Racer
    • Temet
    • stin
    • Snakenator1
    • guillaume
    • stinkleroy
    • AnErare
    Last edited by AmigoJack; 23rd June 2014 at 08:41 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    FlintFandango or RennFlint or Flint Fandango (PS4)

If temporarily abstinent members are welcome, I´ll try to participate!
    I´d prefer Frankfurt, because it´s nearby and I´m not interested in visting the gamescom. I´m on vacation in the first three weeks of August, if that´s in consistence with the time schedule?!
    Rennfisch and me could bring a TV, a PS3 including equipment, a PS2 including a NegCon and an ordinary controller, our PSP´s as well as the following WipEout-games: WO3SE, Pulse, Pure, HD/Fury.

I´m looking forward to it, if it´s going to happen! Great idea!
    Last edited by Flint Fandango; 13th June 2014 at 09:09 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Kappeskopp

Hello everyone.It is a pity the convention doesn't take place in Paris.For me august is already planned,and to the gamescom im not in germany.September is ok but would it not better to meet in oktober or november to get more people togheter?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

I can travell to both cities, Köln is even the same Bundesland (confusing others with german words ftw! ), Frankfurt a.M. isn´t far neither.
    What could I bring with me...my Vita (everyone can use it, but don´t tough my savefiles! And wash your hands ), I have a PSX and PS2 and own the original WipEout, 2097, wip3out and Fusion. Maybe someone has a link cable?
    On my Vita I have 2048 (including the HD/Fury DLC), PurE and PulsE, so I´m avaiable for some ad-hoc.

The only problem is, how could I travel to this convention...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

@ Jonny: by train for example

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Right! I think I'm already old enough to travel alone for a day ^^

PSN ID
    Thorinx

Everybody is welcome, of course, Flint! When Rennfisch visits she can finally pick up her pillow again.

Jonny, travelling to Frankfurt should be no problem - no matter how you ride and where you arrive, I/we can pick you up personally so you don't have to care for finding the hostel or my flat.

Too bad you're not there during gamescon, Kappeskopp - that kills the chance to combine both things.

So, is everybody okay to do it later this year? September, October, November? Would that convince others to visit then? I have pretty much no plans around that time, except that one week mentioned in early September and maybe a week around early November.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

Ocober would be no problem due to autnum holidays

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Rennfisch / dieBeulenpest

Ahh, the pillow I forgot last time. I've already forgotten.

Later will be bad for us, because we've got holidays in August only. Flint wont get days off during semester and I'm working often at weekends.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi zoners.

I can safely say that the next six months will be too busy for me to attend a Wipeout Convention. Though the reason I still check the forums every once in a while is to see whether someone has posted about a new convention. I can't make it but I'm still curious! Maybe next year...