Thread: AMA with Sony XDev and EPOS 3pm this afternoon - Ask them your questions

Default AMA with Sony XDev and EPOS 3pm this afternoon - Ask them your questions

John McLaughlin from Sony XDev and Staffan Langin from EPOS Game Studios will be doing an AMA session ('Ask Me Anything') on r/PSVR on Reddit. It will start at 3pm this afternoon (UK time). They will taking questions from all about WipEout VR and anything else!

So if you have would like to know, now is the time to ask

When they start taking questions the thread will be pinned to the top of the page here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR

AMA Graphic
    Attached Images Attached Images

I’m going to state the obvious here: we need to use this opportunity to ask about the future of the series. I know this is on r/PSVR, but if the question is worded the right way, we could try to find out more about possible new games.

I propose something like this: "Would the success and enthusiasm for PSVR in WipEout Omega Collection encourage you to consider making a new WipEout game in which virtual reality could play an even more important part?"

If no one objects, that is what I’ll ask.
    Last edited by AdHoc; 4th April 2018 at 08:54 AM.

I'd be amazed of many people don't ask for another game. It's gone down add the best VR game to date on r/PSVR. One person called it the developers coming for their 'victory lap'.

I like the proposed wording of your question, definitely put that forward please.

Yeah, definitely some good vibes recently. Surely people’s comments will make a good overall impression on the big heads at Sony. The question is if that’ll be enough to trigger something in their brains.

I probably won’t get a reply, but it’s worth nothing trying.
    Last edited by AdHoc; 4th April 2018 at 09:51 AM.

The more people that ask the better I think. With this success, it's the best opportunity we've had in years to tell them we need more.

Well, I got a reply, but one that was to be expected... We’ll keep on hoping I suppose.

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

Ask them if they promise to never sell out and change the game's fundamental mechanics just to "appeal to a bigger audience." This is important, especially in this day and age.
    Also ask which team they think is the best. Well, it's obviously FEISAR, but still.

You can ask them yourself, they’ll come back tomorrow to answer a few more questions. But they already gave an answer: the gameplay was not changed for VR.

Would always be nice to have something more concrete. John did say it was down to the fans. I think the game got the best reaction possible over at r/PSVR, I hope that helps.

The truth is it’s not really down to the fans, but 1) to the non-fans, big numbers of average people buying the game, like we’ve seen with PSVR, and 2) to Sony.

If the sales are good... you know the deal.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

Um the sales are off the charts for the us. Tons of new pilots online. Imo, this is one of the most polished vr games available. The graphics are the best I've seen for a vr game period for psvr.

Ooohhh giggidy giggidy! Can’t wait for Sony’s positive reaction to this... in 6 months time.

Are there any official figures for sales in the US yet mannjon? I'd love to see how it's doing.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Only way to be sure.
    Take NOTE of current records, Check against those that appear.

IMHO....just amount of USA based players actually registering is a huge plus.

I just wondered if there was a sales chart. When Farpoint came out, it was the first VR game to break into the top ten of the UK sales chart for all games media. It went straight in at number 2:

https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/05/play...k-sales-chart/

Which caused a bit of a storm. It would be interesting to know if WipEout made any impact. Only physical games are usually counted, but WipEout has been ridiculously cheap on disc all the way through this period.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    mannjon

I don't have figures, but I just played about 3 hours in vr with an almost full lobby the whole time. At least 4 US pilots were in and most were playing in vr.