Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Omega Pack VR, your thought's so far

I've been playing locked to pilot. I'm developing a knack for looking down the eye of a barrel roll. I feel like everything seems slower in VR, so there is time to correct yourself in the air if you know exactly where the ship should be when it lands. Which just takes a bit of memorising.

I imagine being locked to cockpit might make for better times as it's easier to see what's going on. I used to play HD in first person mode because it was more fun than being behind the ship. Then after several years I swapped to try to get better times. I guess it's like that, my desire for the experience is greater than being quick. But that might change over time.

PSN ID
    subtotal

Ive been playing in vr for a couple of weeks now and Iím totally blown away by the experience, I agree with earlier comments that the tracks feel different at first but Iím used to it now.

Anyone reading this just starting out with Wipeout Omega VR try using full motion control as it really feels right in VR

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Believe it, or don't. But what subtotal said, seems so obvious. Still haven't tried it myself, stupid me
    I switched from d-pad to stick just for VR, which helped alot, but motion control should make it the best possible experience...going to try that now

PSN ID
    scalliano

Had my VR headset for just over a week now and I've been doing everything with the training wheels disabled as it turns out I have a pretty strong stomach. Been playing locked to pilot and peripheral mask off ever since I sussed out how to do it, and I've developed a new found love for this game. Getting those last few alt skins unlocked is suddenly feeling like much less of a grind

Since I got the VR up and running, motion sickness hasn't been an issue - apart from one thing. And that is when I'm sat stationary on the starting grid. That gentle weave from side to side is really disorientating, but as long as I keep moving my head it's fine. Blasting full speed around the Concordia loop on Phantom doesn't fizz on me, yet not moving is a problem. Not sure how that works, but there you go. That said, the spatial awareness that VR provides makes this game so much more immersive, the ability to look into turns and sway with the craft, and I've found myself instinctively looking up when approaching the vertical section on Empire Climb.

I love the new ship designs. I especially like how they've implemented the VR safety features in-universe, with the cockpits being their own separate pod which tilts and rotates independently of the rest of the craft. Also loving the inverted colour scheme on the G45 "regular" craft. It's just a shame that playing in VR doesn't unlock them for use in regular TV mode. That would have been ace.

One thing that is driving me crazy though, is the way the game panics every time you pick Moa Therma or Empire Climb and slaps all of the nerfs back on. is there any way to disable the nanny stuff completely?

All in all, though, I'm completely blown away. I've been through a few VR games in the past week, but playing WipEout again has been the best experiance so far.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Quote Originally Posted by scalliano View Post
    One thing that is driving me crazy though, is the way the game panics every time you pick Moa Therma or Empire Climb and slaps all of the nerfs back on. is there any way to disable the nanny stuff completely?
    I think it only ever does it the first time you select the track, once you've done it once it doesn't ask again.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

It happens every time you choose said tracks for the first time during your current session. That's a bit of a bother when you just started playing online.

PSN ID
    TERRA-WRISTS / SKRUFFEM

Kinda tempted.