Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: attn: Al Sartwell

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    rejj

Default attn: Al Sartwell

I highly doubt you got your vector sagarmatha time trial time with a Feisar. I suspect you just forgot to pick the correct craft when submitting the time.
    You might want to fix that.

Actually, ever since infox tried to put in the Wipeout XL/2097 tables, the whole WZ tables have gone completely haywire. Times have been duplicated and overwritten all over the place. I wouldn't even worry about any of it (trying to change it might cause even more problems) until the site upgrade is complete.

Don't be so sure...Al's capable of some incredible feats. Either he's a mutant with reality/probability-warping powers, or he's a robot sent from the future to kill us all...or at least kick our collective butts at wipEout. Take that, puny mortals.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    zargz

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseman
    Actually, ever since infox tried to put in the Wipeout XL/2097 tables, the whole WZ tables have gone completely haywire. Times have been duplicated and overwritten all over the place. I wouldn't even worry about any of it (trying to change it might cause even more problems) until the site upgrade is complete.
    is the data stored somewhere for the time beeng or will we upload all our times again?
    I mean when the upgrade is done .. ( '_' ? )

i hope we still have all the times and haven't accidentally wiped any memory cards. i did that once back in my early days here and had to work for a week to get them back. and that was only vector class races and at a rather low standard of performance. it would take a lot longer now

PSN ID
    infoxicated

The data is all still there, it's just that something has gone a little wahoo with the way it's being retrieved from the database.

In the new version of the site I have completely re-done all the database code and it works fine. Sorry it's taking so long, but I mis-judged the effort needed for all the changes I'm making to the time-update pages.

the code for the tables always did seem to be a huge can of worms just waiting for the lid to come off :O

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Well... I took it off and it turned out to be a bottomless can! :

Now working on a Ghostbusters style containment field solution that'll keep those worms from mischief

Remember to encase the electron containment field within a positively-charged high-density steel grid. Otherwise all hell will break loose, and we'll be up to our eyeballs in worms.

...I need sleep. ops:

and i need to have food stay inside me for more than 2 hours and to exit as solid instead of as liquid mush. er... TMI

hm, at least Al only has to read the first post.

Synthetic Consciousness Wrote:

Don't be so sure...Al's capable of some incredible feats. Either he's a mutant with reality/probability-warping powers, or he's a robot sent from the future to kill us all...or at least kick our collective butts at wipEout. Take that, puny mortals.
    Actually, if Al is using a modded NTSC PS2 to play this game (PAL) then his times do not count, & I highly doubt that if YOU had the same setup your times would be that far behind. There are technical advantages with this setup that may give a few seconds advantage over the appropriate system i.e. PAL PS2 with PAL game.

:

Well we won`t know until Al himself says how he plays it, will we?

I don`t understand the science behind it, but if playing on a modchipped PS or PS2 can change the speed of the game, it could also make the game slower couldn`t it? I think your point might be valid but until we have an understanding of the technical background to it all, and find out what system Al uses, I think its best to assume Al is an awesome pilot, which he is whatever!

Anyway Tyson good luck with your SE quest! Even if you try to forget about AS there are some colossal Pal pilots out there, Zargz and Vasudeva to name the two best I think.

don't forget that if the game runs faster, it is more difficult

lunar wrote:

Well we won`t know until Al himself says how he plays it, will we?
    Well yes that's true, Al are you there?

I doubt very much that Al decided to buy a genuine PAL PS2 then got a trasformer just so he could plug it into the wall. I think I actually saw him talking about the messiah modchip somewhere else. It makes no diff what the modchip is though... if one is used then this indirectly & at the moment 'innocent cheating' that is: not knowing that an advantage is present.

I don`t understand the science behind it, but if playing on a modchipped PS or PS2 can change the speed of the game, it could also make the game slower couldn`t it?
    Nope it can't make the game slower, infact what it can do is make the game play slower but still give extreme times that are reletive to a higher framerate. Basically in english the player could get awesome times by playing the game in 'slight' slow mode. While everyone else has to put up with astronomical speed, this other player just sits back and relaxes with 5 easy perfect laps etc.

post edited by author

Tyson :

Well lunar, I wouldn't have bothered mentioning this problem if my point was not valid.
    Tyson :[/quote]

Neither would I believe your point was valid just because you mentioned it.

Now at least you have provided some sort of argument to back up your statement.

:roll:

Though you still haven`t explained the technicalities in anything other than general terms. You haven`t explained how this actually happens - you just stated that it does.

And please drop the false modesty too - if you really got that time you`re obviously very good and you know it, well done.

cheers

PSN ID
    infoxicated

You know, every so often you get someone who posts in the same way that Tyson does. Mostly it's on the official fusion board with all the other ass-clowns, but there is an exception to every rule.

Tyson... up until the arrogant **** at the end of your post, I might have entertained you. Really, honestly, I might have. But then you disappeared off the radar for me... right up your own ass, I suspect.

Calling people "dude" does not give you a free pass for what is poorly disguised posturing.

Cheers, dude. Not.

Tyson, you assumed that you understood the point of the remark. you didn't understand. i'll try to be less subtle in any future remarks to you.

infox, i think you are probably correct in your speculation on the point of his disappearance. he is quite obsessed with his own ego

infox wrote:
    You know, every so often you get someone who posts in the same way that Tyson does. Mostly it's on the official fusion board with all the other ass-clowns, but there is an exception to every rule.

Tyson... up until the arrogant **** at the end of your post, I might have entertained you. Really, honestly, I might have. But then you disappeared off the radar for me... right up your own ass, I suspect.

Calling people "dude" does not give you a free pass for what is poorly disguised posturing.

Cheers, dude. Not.
    um... ok infox I am totally sorry about that but I think your over reacting slightly. Lance if you took offence please accept my opology. I wasn't trying to be arrogant or anything just thought that you'd honestly not thought about the comment as I have obviously done! Doh! I just meant that faster game doesn't actually make any difference.

is there anything else I should opologise for?

infox are you really that angry with me?!

I honestly don't understand what your talking about, this is the first time ive sat down and played W3 SE properly & I was saying that I've played for about an hour or so with such and such time. I have Never actually looked at the W3 SE scoreboard & I assumed that my time was a pile of crap. Because the scoreboard is not up, i could not go see for myself. Does this make me an "ass clown" lol.

Arogance is far too easy to be read into from text messaging, it's actually based on the reader and not the writer. Interperetation is pretty important & I'm very sorry if I've come across as stupid, arrogant or otherwise. I'm apsolutely genuine on this guys, please forgive me.

:cry:

aside from its suggestive qualities about the value of speed records, my remark about about a game [ a racing game] being made more difficult by being faster holds true. and in keeping with my promise to avoid subtlety with you, Tyson: you are an arrogant, ego-obsessed asshole.

Hi Lance,
    Why the preshool naming? almost everyone here is an ego obsessed maniac. Specially if your after good times etc.

Sad to see you guys so angry, surely you can accept that I am an ego head? big deal, so what. I honestly don't think that I put you down at all, it was more of a joke than anything.