Thread: Lap time comparisons - HD Fury and Omega

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Default Lap time comparisons - HD Fury and Omega

Out of curiosity, has anyone done a comparison of lap times achievable on Wipeout HD tracks in both the original game and Omega? I've got a little idea rattling around in my head and it's dependent on lap times being pretty much the same across both.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Omega uses v2.51 of PS3 HD/fury which have buffed airbrakes, so you'll lose more speed in corners vs 2.20 on HD fury (lastest patch before airbrake buff), which is why the times are much harder to beat PS3 times on omega and some are impossible to beat, especially speed lap ones

But if you're talkling about v2.51 hd fury & omega, it's the same on most tracks i believe. ships do feel lighter, but i see no difference overall to times with ships being a tiny bit lighter. Ubermall is slower because of 2048 hd fury physics when doing bounce barrel rolls.
    Last edited by Racingfan; 28th January 2018 at 04:21 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JFthebestJan

Quote Originally Posted by Racingfan View Post
    Omega uses v2.51 of PS3 HD/fury which have buffed airbrakes, so you'll lose more speed in corners vs 2.20 on HD fury (lastest patch before airbrake buff), which is why the times are much harder to beat PS3 times on omega and some are impossible to beat, especially speed lap ones...
    That's not correct, i have confirmation from the devs that they used the PSVita physics for Omega. They tweaked it, so that it feels better than on PSVita, but it's still far away from PS3 physics

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Okay, so the physics are different, but what are the differences in times as a result? Are they dramatic or are we talking about fractions of seconds at worst? I'm looking at a direct comparison between the latest patch on PS3 HD Fury and the latest version of Omega. I'm not really concerned about using advanced techniques, this is literally just a straightforward run.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Then it's pretty much the same as on PS3

Care to explain your idea, Hellfire?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Soon. Let's just say it's something you could do with either game

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

If it's the Feisar print by shaun mooney, and your idea is to give it to the guy who has the best leaderboard time for that specific track & speed class. Please do that, it be good competition

Although, if thats the case, i wouldn't recommend HD PS3 to be eligible, because you can just play on pre patch and get .10-50ms difference each lap, depends on track though
    Last edited by Racingfan; 29th January 2018 at 04:19 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

From the PM's I've gotten over the PS4 asking me about it, and what I've been reading at both the Omega and Wipeoutzone community groups, and from brief observations of my own, I'd say there is something about the Omega pack that is making it slightly harder to achieve as fast lap times as were able to be gotten when playing the PS3 version.
    If the craft handling is a modified VITA 2048 version, then that would explain it.

Seems a LOT of people that were able to beat ZICO on the PS3 version are having a hell of a time repeating the feat on the Omega Pack, and it's not by much either, just fractions of a second, but it's just enough to bring a whole new frustration level to it.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

It's same as PS3 v2.51, the physics are very close to the PS3 version, although there are some differences on ubermall with the physics that makes it more luck based to do bounce BR's. But that's about it. ubermall just feels weird to me overall, it's like they used a wrong build of that track for omega, it's a downgraded version of 2048's and it looks worse than on vita, i hope they can fix it but it's probably too late now

I beat yeldar2097's vineta on youtube by .3 or 4ms, and i did it on omega

If i did that on pre patch on HD, i'd get like sub 1:31 or 1:30:60

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I suppose I could do a comparison by having the PS3 version, VITA TV with 2048 crack, and the Omega pack on the PS4 all running at the same time, and all I'd have to do is switch inputs on the surround amp and pick up the respective controller to quickly swap between them.

Something to put on my 'Must Try' list, I've been putting off rewiring and re-naming the inputs on my HT amp since the upgrades and additions, as I know what a total PITA it is to do with 8 different sources going into the amp , it's become a HDMI cable jungle again since they had to be upgraded to 4K V2.2 ones......I got nearly 12 months out of a neat setup before the jungle appeared, I suppose that's not bad for me.