Thread: WipEout HD/Fury/2048 Server Closing Avalon Event | March 28th 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    Solarxetic-

Smile WipEout HD/Fury/2048 Server Closing Avalon Event | March 28th 2018

Hello Everyone!
    As you guys may have heard, March 29th 2018, Marks the Event when the WipEout HD/Fury/2048 Servers officially And Unfortunately...Shut Down Forever.
    So us, as a Community are planning March 28th as the final Flights and also an Avalon Event across all games where all WipEout Players can hop on their Vitas & PS3s, to Race and Fire Weapons Online the previous generations one last time.

Let us know below if you think this is a good idea & We hope to potentially see you online! 😄😄

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

I'm interested, but i think the 2048 version isn't needed. as i think it's is not possible to play on, as I believe lots of people will play it for the trophies, making it hard to get races.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Why the hell did they decide to close down the servers on a Thursday?

If there is going to be some sort of 'Last Gasp' GG, I think it should be held on the weekend prior to that....just IMHO....more likely to get a fuller house.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Business day. I never seen a game have it's servers closed on a weekend. We are going to start from 6pm GMT then play till around 1am or something, Then we continue next day at a earlier time like 2PM. We also want to play till the moment they plug off the servers. But we don't know when during the day that's gonna happen. Resistance 2 closed at 7PM on closure day. GT5 closed around 2am. So it seems random overall

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

**** you, Sony

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

The players that were on hd & 2048 was at 0 like 99% of the time after omega was released. Sometimes there was a lobby though. 2048 however, only trophy hunters play that online.