Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD/Fury/2048 Server Closing Avalon Event | March 28th 2018

PSN ID
    Solarxetic-

Smile WipEout HD/Fury/2048 Server Closing Avalon Event | March 28th 2018

Hello Everyone!
    As you guys may have heard, March 29th 2018, Marks the Event when the WipEout HD/Fury/2048 Servers officially And Unfortunately...Shut Down Forever.
    So us, as a Community are planning March 28th as the final Flights and also an Avalon Event across all games where all WipEout Players can hop on their Vitas & PS3s, to Race and Fire Weapons Online the previous generations one last time.

Let us know below if you think this is a good idea & We hope to potentially see you online! 😄😄

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

I'm interested, but i think the 2048 version isn't needed. as i think it's is not possible to play on, as I believe lots of people will play it for the trophies, making it hard to get races.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Why the hell did they decide to close down the servers on a Thursday?

If there is going to be some sort of 'Last Gasp' GG, I think it should be held on the weekend prior to that....just IMHO....more likely to get a fuller house.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Business day. I never seen a game have it's servers closed on a weekend. We are going to start from 6pm GMT then play till around 1am or something, Then we continue next day at a earlier time like 2PM. We also want to play till the moment they plug off the servers. But we don't know when during the day that's gonna happen. Resistance 2 closed at 7PM on closure day. GT5 closed around 2am. So it seems random overall

PSN ID
    ACE-2097

**** you, Sony

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

The players that were on hd & 2048 was at 0 like 99% of the time after omega was released. Sometimes there was a lobby though. 2048 however, only trophy hunters play that online.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    JonnydotB

There actually is more activity now, prolly thanks to that announcement

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    noffelhonk

Hi guys! I'm helping WipeFuSionZ to organize this event. We're still discussing whether we should hold the event on the day prior to shutdown of the servers, to make sure we don't get cut off mid tournament. We will still keep on playing next day until they shut it down, but the main event with tournaments will most likely take place the day before.

If you haven't registered yet through WipeFuSionZ, you can do so by messaging me. Please also mention your PSN ID in your message, that would make things much easier for me

PS: The event will be HD Fury only, no 2048. Sorry if we made you looking forward to that, but we came to the conclusion that it would make more sense to focus on HD Fury.

Hope to hear from you guys! Looking forward to let this era go out with a bang!
    Last edited by noffelhonk; 7th January 2018 at 08:25 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Why?, and more so, How?, and just as equally by Whom ? Did the decision to make FURY the Main / Sole version of the game to be the final version to be played by all?

IMHO I think it will end up being a free for all, and that all the old pilots [If they have any interest] will just turn up on the day, and race as everybody feels it should be done......no organization needed.......My only wonder is.

Who is going to be the last pilot to die in a normal weapon based online in HD/FURY race, from a PLASMA BOLT ?.......the last TRUE legendary AG death !..[Eliminator does not count].

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    noffelhonk

We just thought it would be nice to organize a small competitive event during the final days of HD Fury online, for whoever would like to join. Just a fun little tournament, that's all

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    theconzio

I don't mind the idea of an actual tournament - something like that hasn't happened here since Equilibrium (I think?). It can be completely separate from the whole Avalon thing.

PSN ID
    Solarxetic-

https://youtu.be/tkocc1DF9oU Official Trailer for Avalon Has Arrived!

Timezone
    GMT -3.5

Quote Originally Posted by WipeFuSionZ View Post
    https://youtu.be/tkocc1DF9oU Official Trailer for Avalon Has Arrived!
    Nice. What's the name of the song?

PSN ID
    Solarxetic-

T-301, Hello! The Name of the Song Is Colossus - Droptek (Monstercat) 😊

- - - Updated - - -

TheConzio, Currently, we are still working out how we can run the tournament But it shouldn’t be too long really depends on the reputation we get for the Event

PSN ID
    Solarxetic-

Hello Everyone!
    Avalon Announcement: 28/01/2018

Because of Suggestions we have received, We are Extending Avalon for you guys! We will be Running Avalon during the Weekend Prior to the closure of the servers as well! 😃

Dates:
    -March 24th, 19:00 BST (Saturday) to March 25th, 22:00 BST (Sunday)
    -March 28th, 12:00 BST to the Closure of the Servers at March 29th, 6am BST [Estimated Time of Closure]

Why 6am BST Estimation?
    The reason for 6am Estimation is because on the official PlayStation Game server page, it now displays that Gravity Rush 2 is going offline at 6am, but in July instead of March. Under Estimation, i reckon the servers might close at 6am for WipEout HD/Fury/2048 too but on March 29th. Don’t quote me, i could be completely wrong, but hopefully this gives you a rough idea on when the servers will shutdown.

Thanks! 🙂

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

I'll send PM's to all WO players I have on my friends list that might, just for the hell of it, turn up and have a last race......expect a lot of French and Dutch.....it will be a lot of rusty old farts I imagine.

That could be more than you think turn up, as I've got well over 100, and most of those are from playing WO and helping to run the WO World Cup.

I suppose the bottom line is, who out of all that used to play HD/FURY online on a PS3, still have a PS3, I know a fair few don't.

PSN ID
    feisar_2097

Still 2 months away, so good notice

@Hellfire_WZ, can you advertise this event pls?

PSN ID
    Solarxetic-

Announcement:
    The Avalon Discord Server is Open to the General Public with Moderators onboard Come chat with your Fellow Pilots, and join our Avalon Final Tournament for WipEout HD/Fury (Deadline for Joining: March 10th, with Tournament Draws coming very soon after that date)

Avalon 2018 Discord:
    https://discord.gg/ShAPY38

Avalon Begins on March 24th to March 25th and March 28th to Server Closure Just as a Reminder
    Hope to see you there!

- - - Updated - - -

PSN ID
    Solarxetic-

Reminder:
    You Have 15 Days Left to join Our Planned Competitive Tournament. After March 10th, you will not be able to join the tournament. You will still always regardless be able to play Avalon. The Tournament is just the Competitive Part of it

If you aren’t yet on the Avalon Server, and would like to Participate, Here is the link to the Discord Chat https://discord.gg/ShAPY38 You will find all information there.

PSN ID
    Solarxetic-

Hello Everyone!
    Thanks For All The Support of Avalon 2018 So Far!
    -
    This is just a Post to Announce that Tournament Sign Ups are Now Officially Closed. You can no longer sign up for the tournament. If you are apart of the tournament, nothing affects you . If you didn’t quite make the tournament sign ups, there’s always plans we can and we will make in the future, so keep an eye out!
    We hope to see you online racing with us Throughout Avalon 2018.